What is it with loud exhausts ? (and tail tidy's)

piston broke

On 10/9/2021 at 4:57 AM, piston broke said:

Why is it that so many "blokes" get a new bike and bung on a "loud" exhaust and a tail tidy - and then grin and bear it for the sake of vanity, when the bike runs lean / pops like mad and water gets sprayed up their back when it rains  ?

The difference between men and boys are the price of their toys...:thumbsup:

-some men are apparently just big boys with more money...:whistling:

610578e4-8681-4cfe-b739-9095c504d6d5.__C

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, toofarnorth said:

and what is that all about with false exhausts , you see them on Yaris '  , that board with 4 round chrome things , supposed to look like real exhausts.  Does the owner think ' That will impress other Yaris owners when they see my fake exhasts ' .

They make it go faster and they cost extra so must be good. Lol.
Not just on a Yaris but also on Fortuners which is also funny.

Each to their own.

It's great that I am not the only one that gets irritated big time. While the world it trying to innovate and be more efficient, smaller, more quiet, cleaner, there are still some idiots out there who think they are so cool with their ear-splitting noisy bikes. They have ZERO empathy apparently. Don't they know that they just make their inferiority complex totally visible (audible)? 555

• Like 1

I'm not really a bike person and hate the noise from those lawnmower bikes. I also hate the noise from the chopper style bikes. I love the sound of the racing style bikes though like the cbr's and R1s. I feel like you can hear/feel the true power in those. 

On the opposite front, is anyone here (in Thailand) interested in the electric bikes like the livewire or do you think noise and presence is more important than performance? 

32 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I'm not really a bike person and hate the noise from those lawnmower bikes. I also hate the noise from the chopper style bikes. I love the sound of the racing style bikes though like the cbr's and R1s. I feel like you can hear/feel the true power in those. 

On the opposite front, is anyone here (in Thailand) interested in the electric bikes like the livewire or do you think noise and presence is more important than performance? 

I would be interested in an electric bike once its proven reliable with a solid range and comes at a reasonable cost. 

The same goes for cars - If the prices of a decent fully electric car are reasonable, with a reasonable range I may make the shift (I like the volvos)... If Mazda (CX-8) or Honda (CRV) do fully electric it may be worth the shift (if they are priced well). 

Harley have priced the livewire out of the market for many potential ‘early adapters’.

Noise wise - While ‘loud pipes save lives’ is definitely valid, I just don’t like unnecessarily loud aftermarket exhausts...

A fully electric scooter (equivalent size speed etc) to the Honda ADV could be very handy around town.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:50 AM, transam said:

Perhaps they just like the noise, I was young once, and did enjoy the noise, just being different to the old farts....????

Exactly what I was thinking. When I was a kid I bought a 56 Mercury 2 dr hardtop with a 312  in it. The very first thing I did was put a set of A P glass pack mufflers on it, had to let that Y block rap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. When I was a kid I bought a 56 Mercury 2 dr hardtop with a 312  in it. The very first thing I did was put a set of A P glass pack mufflers on it, had to let that Y block rap.

I was doing that stuff well into my late 50's....????

1339446050_burnout2(2020_09_1104_33_26UTC).jpg.49fc0b10a5b1a2dda748d9f237d682a2.jpg

1 hour ago, Adiudon said:

When I hear a loud bike pass me or my house I instantly think "What a knob" but catch myself half way through the thought and think to myself, what would I be doing as a Thai kid age 14 here?, probably exactly the same.

What does surprise me that older people don't seem to remember what it was like to be young, dumb and full of cum, I do.

I loved my Yamaha FS1e with a 60 kit and loud Micron exhaust on it, did I worry or care about the noise pollution or what older people thought of me? Never !

I still like high speed and acceleration of bikes I tried to get on with smaller bikes but still missed what makes me feel good, I was wanting and disappointed with there performance.

I have some fun with groups of kids sometimes when you get caught up with them at traffic lights.

They see my bike and all start revving away.

They take off so I catch them and match there speed as they get to eventually as fast as they can go, then I wave and leave them.

Even more funny are Harley groups but Night-rod can have a good go with you.

• Like 1

My first bike was horrid , my mum found it somewhere , noisy exhaust , certainly not , the less I got noticed the better..  What was it ..................a James Comet  , 98cc , 2 speed , 20mph in first 40 in second , about every 10 miles the plug would whisker up , really horrid , my next bike was an Ariel Colt , 200cc , 4 speed box ,lovely little bike , cost me a fiver in 1963.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

And mocking someone's name in a pathetic attempt to be funny is inversely related to IQ.

Sorry I used the UK pronunciation.

How about Whistle Dick Z ? (using the US pronunciation)

Surely when you chose the user name you anticipated these puns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Sorry I used the UK pronunciation.

How about Whistle Dick Z ? (using the US pronunciation)

Surely when you chose the user name you anticipated these puns

It is the name my parents chose for me and that has been mine for decades. In spite of the unfortunate synonym it is a perfectly normal first name in the country where I am from and in many others. It should be clear (but here the IQ comes in again) that it is an original first name and not a fantasy nickname. So not chosen but given. It is beyond me to choose a fantasy name just because of disrepectful morons.

19 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

It is the name my parents chose for me and that has been mine for decades. In spite of the unfortunate synonym it is a perfectly normal first name in the country where I am from and in many others. It should be clear (but here the IQ comes in again) that it is an original first name and not a fantasy nickname. So not chosen but given. It is beyond me to choose a fantasy name just because of disrepectful morons.

I thought Dick was the USA abbreviated version of Richard....