What is it with loud exhausts ? (and tail tidy's)

piston broke

18 hours ago, piston broke said:

don't keep us in suspense ....

Let me offer you a clue ...

You stated in another thread concerning Idiot drivers, and I quote: "i gave up "bipping" my horn at dreadful drivers over a decade ago - has absolutely no effect,..."

Now go back and take a look at the title of this thread, the one you started.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thaigang said:

Let me offer you a clue ...

You stated in another thread concerning Idiot drivers, and I quote: "i gave up "bipping" my horn at dreadful drivers over a decade ago - has absolutely no effect,..."

Now go back and take a look at the title of this thread, the one you started.

I went for ride yesterday the bike went great and the new end can I have bought is quieter than the previous box. 

It read on decibels level 86 so for a big bike that's good,  I took out the silencer inset that came with the end can and rev it up and it read 87 decibels, I thought that was weird. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

I went for ride yesterday the bike went great and the new end can I have bought is quieter than the previous box. 

It read on decibels level 86 so for a big bike that's good,  I took out the silencer inset that came with the end can and rev it up and it read 87 decibels, I thought that was weird. ????

Keep up the good work Sir !

Maybe we could use you for a global ambasador for quieter motorcycling  ??

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

Goes to show how ineffective some of those inserts can be I suppose. Or maybe it's the app on your phone? I've just ordered a set of inserts that I'm hoping will tone down the bark o' me Zards -- they're the racing version without db killer. I still want to be able to snap my wrist and wakeup inattentive drivers when needed, but I certainly don't want to annoy the likes of Pist-on Bloke should he happen to be on the sidewalk in town while I'm passing by.

2 hours ago, Thaigang said:

Goes to show how ineffective some of those inserts can be I suppose. Or maybe it's the app on your phone? I've just ordered a set of inserts that I'm hoping will tone down the bark o' me Zards -- they're the racing version without db killer. I still want to be able to snap my wrist and wakeup inattentive drivers when needed, but I certainly don't want to annoy the likes of Pist-on Bloke should he happen to be on the sidewalk in town while I'm passing by.

Well your allowed 95db  and I for one couldn't give a hoot about and old crusty like piton broke..????????????

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jadee said:

loud bikes are the bane of my existence in thailand - absolute stupidity

You were never young ? Ride bikes when young ?

The noun bane refers to anything that is a cause of harm, ruin, or death. But we often use it for things that aren't that bad, just feel like it. You might say mosquitoes are the bane of your existence.

Cause you harm ? Cause your ruin or death ?

LOS is noisy - like my HD 555

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Stupidly loud motorbikes are like smoking around children and not wearing seatbelts.

One day we'll collectively wonder: "why the heck did we tolerate it?"

You are not Thai are you so a typical response from a falangie. ????

• Confused 1