UK Passport renewal

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If someone else is doing the form for you then you wouldn't be writing it would you?

well done, on the form it says did the applicant complete this form or did someone else do it for you, if someone did it for you they have to be named, I did a passport application for my daughter recently and had to indicate that I did the application for her, and she got her lovely Blue UK passport

1 minute ago, beano2274 said:

maybe he is asking for himself!!!!

Is there . is what the poster asked

I am the OP to whom the question was addressed. My answer, using ellipsis meant. 'As I live in Pattaya I do not know if there are agents in Khon Kaen. You need to address the question to someone from Khon Kaen or perhaps ask your question on the Khon Kaen  forum.'

Thus the short answer: "I live in Pattaya."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

well done, on the form it says did the applicant complete this form or did someone else do it for you, if someone did it for you they have to be named, I did a passport application for my daughter recently and had to indicate that I did the application for her, and she got her lovely Blue UK passport

I signed my name. That's all. The agent did the rest. As she is a professional I'm sure she completed the form accordingly filling in the required fields as appropriate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How much for taxi fare to Bangkok? How much for photo copies. How much for the professional expertise of people who have done the job before and know where the office is and which department to go to?

My missus went on the bus. Four hours each way. Photocopies were a few Baht but not many required. If my missus can do it without expertise then anyone can do it. My missus loved doing the bus journey. She's one of those people that likes to sleep as soon as the bus sets off. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Exactly right. Just get a family member to act on your behalf. Pay them 500 Baht for the day and job done. A visa agent would do the same and make a couple of thousand for just that. Many a Thai would bite your hand off for 500 Baht.

OP - I live 50km south of Khon Kaen and no of no one in Bangkok to go to the UK passport office.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:02 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

For 5k it's easier to use a professional service. The agent needs your passport to photocopy it and then again for the Bangkok trip.

Understand but do you get your old passport back ?    In the past I had my old passport returned with the corners cut off

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

One of the things you need to provide as support for your passport application is proof of address/residence.

On the list of acceptable documents for this, it says:

Please provide one of the following:

• visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

Is a copy of the page in your passport with your latest yearly extension sufficient for this? Or do you need something showing your actual address?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 10/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, Speedo1968 said:

I live 50km south of Khon Kaen and no of no one in Bangkok to go to the UK passport office.

I live about the same distance from Bkk as you do. Just do as I told you in post dated Oct 16 and save yourself some money.

19 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Is a copy of the page in your passport with your latest yearly extension sufficient for this?

Yes. It shows that you are legally in Thailand and Thai Immigration has accepted your passport is genuine. They're not interested in your actual address, they're not going to post anything to you.

23 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Yes. It shows that you are legally in Thailand and Thai Immigration has accepted your passport is genuine. They're not interested in your actual address, they're not going to post anything to you.

Thanks for that. What about proof of identity? It says a passport is one of the documents they'll accept for this, so once again, I assume your old passport itself suffices for this requirement?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Canada Renewal PP and payment online all done myself by EMS Post, picked up new PP 15 days later along with the old (corners cut) - well done Canuck Embassy !

Well done indeed. It just shows up the anal retentive attitude of the British Passport Office that they can't bring themselves to adopt a similar system.

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

Thanks for that. What about proof of identity? It says your old passport is one of the documents they'll accept for this, so once again, I assume your passport itself suffices for this requirement?

Yes, all 48 colour photocopied pages. What a pain.

• Like 1