UK Passport renewal

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

While staying in Thailand I renewed UK passport with keyvisa.com.

Yes, can all be done by post, I asked them a couple of months back how long it takes, he said about 4 weeks. Their fee for doing everything is 5000bht + the PP fee...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

Yes, can all be done by post, I asked them a couple of months back how long it takes, he said about 4 weeks. Their fee for doing everything is 5000bht + the PP fee...

I found them very good as it was during covid time and saved a load of hassle and your passport stays secure with EMS.

If you send your passport off keep a full copy of it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

secure personal passport office appointment in uk.two day service ?

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

While staying in Thailand I renewed UK passport with keyvisa.com.

@TheHammer2021 - It would be helpful if you told us where you are wishing to apply.

If you can get to Bangkok or Chiang Mai it's easy to do it yourself.  Just fill in the form, get your photos done and photocopy every page of your old passport (in colour) and make an appointment by email at the HMPO office at VFS, The Trendy, Sukhumvit soi 13.  You will also need to show proof of your address in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you can get to Bangkok or Chiang Mai it's easy to do it yourself.  Just fill in the form, get your photos done and photocopy every page of your old passport (in colour) and make an appointment by email at the HMPO office at VFS, The Trendy, Sukhumvit soi 13.  You will also need to show proof of your address in Thailand. 

I prefer to use agents if possible. The list of tasks you outline above is enormous! and involves petty running around and worries..That's a 10 k job for me...I'll pay

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It's all down to distance. For those of us living up in the north east, using an agency would actually be cost effective. My last renewal, 5 years ago before the agencies came into being cost me at least 5,000 THB and 2 return journeys. 

I would certainly use an agency the next time around. (if there is a next time)

Agreed. I'll look for an agent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

@TheHammer2021 - It would be helpful if you told us where you are wishing to apply.

I'm on a Thai forum! Do you think I'm applying from Spain  or the Amazon or Kuwait..LOL...Obviously I'm here in Thailand...otherwise I'd go to my office in London or do it online...Lol

• Like 1

Agent will act ONLY as convenient Courier between you (document pkg Out) & VFS (passport Back).

Applicant ONLY must strictly follow ukgov/passport procedure, fill forms etc. No Agent help here.

From the limited nature of your OP, and your comments, its not clear how well you understand the whole process.

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Agent will act ONLY as convenient Courier between you (document pkg Out) & VFS (passport Back).

Applicant ONLY must strictly follow ukgov/passport procedure, fill forms etc. No Agent help here.

From the limited nature of your OP, and your comments, its not clear how well you understand the whole process.

That is not so, Key Visa Service do the whole thing by post. You can even use their credit card service if you do not now have a UK account....

• Confused 1

Key Visa can take away all the hassle of renewing your British passport in Thailand for a service fee of just 5000 baht (this is in addition to your passport renewal fee) which includes document checking, photocopies, taking the application to Bangkok and collecting the new British passport when it is ready.  

Key Visa:

''Even if you live away from Pattaya then we can still help, just send your documents to us via EMS and make the payment into our bank account. When your new passport is ready we will send it to you via EMS for just an additional 100 baht.''

Basically you have still got to fill in all the documents yourself etc. not just supply the info. They don't do all the work for you, just check that you have done them correctly. They do all the leg work.

It would cost me more than that in flights to and from Bangkok so I would consider it an affordable and valuable service! 

12 minutes ago, transam said:

That is not so, Key Visa Service do the whole thing by post. You can even use their credit card service if you do not now have a UK account....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks..How long did it take?..I'll visit their office tomorrow.

If your going best ask them mine took longer than 4 weeks because UK office's were shut down due to the pandemic covid 19 but when they opened got it in just over week.

From memory normally they state 3-4 weeks don't know if they do a fast service for more cost though it didn't bother me at the time. 

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

transam : because Agent obviously “cannot do it all” . they certainly cannot or should not be completing uk passport forms …..

It is all done by post. Perhaps one downloads the form to fill in, but it is all done by post. Have a read....

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/renewing-uk-passport-thailand/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm on a Thai forum! Do you think I'm applying from Spain  or the Amazon or Kuwait..LOL...Obviously I'm here in Thailand...otherwise I'd go to my office in London or do it online...Lol

calm down, you could have been in the Uk as well as any other country, whitebuffaloatm replied correctly.

• Thanks 1