All provinces in Thailand told to brace for tropical storm “Lion Rock”

Jonathan Fairfield

เมฆก่อนฝนตกกับตึกใบหยก.jpeg

The Thai Ministry of Interior has ordered all provincial governors to be prepared for heavy rain from tropical storm “Lion Rock”, which is forecast to make landfall in northern Vietnam tomorrow or Monday.

According to the Thai Meteorological Department, “Lion Rock”, packing winds measured at 65kph at its centre, is moving in a north-westerly direction this morning (Saturday) into the Tonkin Bay, from Hainan Island, and is expected weaken to an atmospheric depression.

This will cause more rain to fall in the north-eastern region of Thailand.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/all-provinces-in-thailand-told-to-brace-for-tropical-storm-lion-rock/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Thai Ministry of Interior has ordered all provincial governors to be prepared for heavy rain from tropical storm “Lion Rock”,

This will cause more rain to fall in the north-eastern region of Thailand.

Weird. The governor of, say, Phuket might find it a bit odd to be preparing for heavy rain that's falling 1,000 km away in Isaan, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Your observational powers are astounding. Have you ever consider a career in crime solving? :tongue:

actually the article was posted and dated  yesterday so from the perspective of the article. tomorrow is Sunday . 

"All provinces in Thailand told to brace for tropical storm “Lion Rock”
October 9, 2021
  "

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/all-provinces-in-thailand-told-to-brace-for-tropical-storm-lion-rock/

That's what we need. More rain . Grrrrr. 

He can’t excel in the world of Thai crime-solving unless he takes a picture of himself pointing at a calendar. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, USNret said:

He can’t excel in the world of Thai crime-solving unless he takes a picture of himself pointing at a calendar. 

Very funny, I got a chuckle out of your post.

We are having a bit of fun at the expense of Lite Beer, but to his defence if you only read the OP and  not the Full story article, his observation would be correct. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mosan said:

The news story was written Saturday...

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

the article was posted and dated  yesterday

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Written on Saturday so meaning Sun/Mon

Then either post it on that day or correct the day with [square brackets] to show modification of the original text.

E.g "which is forecast to make landfall in northern Vietnam [today]/[Sunday] or Monday".

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

There's a bigger "typhoon" following LionRock (famous rock on the top of a mountain in Hong Kong ) its name is KOMPASU. Currently still east of the Philippines but forecast to be near Hainan around the 13th. 

This series of tropical storms one after another is of real concern.

That's what had many of us under metres of water for months back in 2011.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Your observational powers are astounding. Have you ever consider a career in crime solving? :tongue:

actually the article was posted and dated  yesterday so from the perspective of the article. tomorrow is Sunday . 

"All provinces in Thailand told to brace for tropical storm “Lion Rock”
October 9, 2021
  "

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/all-provinces-in-thailand-told-to-brace-for-tropical-storm-lion-rock/

That's what we need. More rain . Grrrrr. 

It's every year the same, what do you expect, go to Tahiti, less chance for rain.

5 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

tropical storm “Lion Rock”, which is forecast to make landfall in northern Vietnam tomorrow or Monday.

Tomorrow is Monday.

This site often likes to offer us yesterday's news today when it comes to weather updates. At least it gives us the pleasure of seeing if what was forecast actually happened. It's so boring and conventional when they tell you in advance what weather to expect.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

It's every year the same, what do you expect, go to Tahiti, less chance for rain.

No, its not, twenty plus years of the family owning a house in Khon Kaen, never flooded until this year.

(Note, I said "the family owning a house" rather than me, that's to frustrate the pedants that frequent these forums).

I totally agree with what is said in the OP here

Edited by nahkit
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

There's a bigger "typhoon" following LionRock (famous rock on the top of a mountain in Hong Kong ) its name is KOMPASU. Currently still east of the Philippines but forecast to be near Hainan around the 13th. 

This series of tropical storms one after another is of real concern.

That's what had many of us under metres of water for months back in 2011.

Now I know why my weather app is forecasting only 26 degrees next weekend.

51 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I appreciate your stoick attitude,  Me on the other hand reserve the right to bitch and moan. 

Tahiti sound good right now, I will PM you bank info for your  contribution to my

Tahitian escape fund.

Thank you in advance,:tongue:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I appreciate your stoick attitude,  Me on the other hand reserve the right to bitch and moan. 

Tahiti sound good right now, I will PM you bank info for your  contribution to my

Tahitian escape fund.

Thank you in advance,:tongue:

Anyway, what are you doing here, as an American from n.b. Florida!!! You can very easy go to Hawaíí

I don't have to pay for Tahiti (btw @ Tahiti they speak French)

• Haha 1