Only fully vaccinated or COVID-19 negative passengers allowed to take flights in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Fantastic ! ( as its written ) fully vaccinated folks do not have to run out and get a ATK or PCR test prior to domestic travel........

Lets see how long that remains in force before they change it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Let me clarify the mystery for you:

It is true that a vaccinated person, if infected, can spread the virus. But, a vaccinated person is significantly less likely to be infected in the first place, compared to an unvaccinated person. 

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying, "but you won't get seriously sick, or not sick at all"...????

This is the way the entire planet seems to be going at this point in time.  It's easier for us who have access to vaccines, not so good for those that do not.  

Thailand is rolling out vaccines a little faster now so hope that those people who don't have it won't be grounded too long.  

We have vaccine passports here and you cannot get out without government issued id (which everyone has for alcohol sales, by the way) and a simple card printed from our health care website.  Or originals of your initial vaccinations, with lot numbers etc of what vaccine you had.  

Much much safer.  

3 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

My vaccination records are in my state's database. I can look at them at any time. The only reason there's no official digital certification is because we have so many people who are stupid vehemently disagree with the idea.

We have digital barcodes here too.

Some old people can't figure out technology.  There are stories of them not able to get their bar codes because their phones are dead and they get turned away from restaurants because there is no proof.  Take the paper copy, whatever.... 

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Does a US CDC vaccination card qualify as proof of vaccination?

Depends. Seems Singapore Airlines has just created a bunch of VTL Flights. Vaccinater Travel Lanes. You need to be fully vaccinated and have a QR code. Most states in the US don't issue cards with QR codes. Just read about a guy heading to Thailand via Singapore. His flight was just designated VTL and has no QR code. His COE is completed and now he's got to reschedule everything to get on a non VTL flight. Ugh.

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/sc-pr/vtl

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

How do they determine if it's fake or not? Lots of places in the US sell those empty cards (not illegal in the US) and any body can fill them up with that ever info they want (illegal to fill them with fake information).

If you get caught, it's a really big deal. Huge fines and potential jail time.

Get the jab. It's much easier. And safer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

It is still confusing giving the various local demands for domestic airport arrivals. It should all been streamlined across the country for every city/destination.

I haven't heard this before.  Could you give some examples of different domestic airports requiring different documentation for arrivals?  Specifically, I'm interested in Northern Thailand airports.  I guess different southern "sandbox" airports might have special entry requirements for domestic travel if they want to maintain some kind of baseline vaccination level at the location.

*Deleted post edited out*

Conspiracy theorists have been on overtime these last 2 years. Get some rest.

As far as I have learned, Pfizer's efficacy figures pertained to the original virus, well before the Indian Delta variant emerged. Delta is a much more contagious variant. Pfizer protection is the highest 2 weeks after the second dose, and slowly decreases month by month, but much better half life than the rapid fade of Sinovac. 

Normal flu shot boosters are given out every year, so this is no surprise.

Israel vaccinated so fast, that it was the first to experience infections of those with 2 doses later on, while those with a booster dose were essentially unaffected. Hence Israel's current rush to get the boosters into arms.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bbko said:

FWIW, I was in my local Topps supermarket last night and there at the check-out counter they were selling these take home ATK kits for 99b. But it said for SARS CoV-2 ????

https://www.tops.co.th/th/getein-antigen-rapid-test-kit-test-1pcs-6954414701579

I doubt these self test kits are acceptable as official proof. You must get a proper test at a hospital and get a proper document.

One can easily fake the self test by testing on another person.

A proper test cost around 3000 baht for a foreigner.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow i had expected that in the US they had at least a digital format. I mean a card like that can be faked so easy and no central database like in other countries. So much for the US being more advanced. 

Yes.  It is pretty weak. I also got another piece of paper that had more details such as the pharmacy name and location, my full name, a few details about the vaccine itself, etc.  I photographed, scanned, made copies of the two together.  Note there is a bar code, not a QR code, which I assume contains the information on the piece of paer from the Pharmacy. If these things are not accepted, well, that would be a problem as there is nothing else.  I guess they could call the pharmacy but that is not likely and certainly not possible after closing hours.

vaccineInfo - Copy.jpg

7 hours ago, sallecc said:

Great news as I'm planning to fly Phuket - Bangkok - Phuket next month... But does this really apply for all of Thailand, or some places like Phuket still keep their requirement of Vaccination AND Testing to fly there? 

Are you arriving in Phuket from an international flight?  If so Phuket Sandbox rules apply.  There's been no change.

Are you arriving in Phuket from a domestic flight?  If so Phuket Sandbox rules don't apply.  The new rules are as specified in the OP.

Phuket Sandbox rules govern international arrivals in Phuket.

37 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Yes.  It is pretty weak. I also got another piece of paper that had more details such as the pharmacy name and location, my full name, a few details about the vaccine itself, etc.  I photographed, scanned, made copies of the two together.  Note there is a bar code, not a QR code, which I assume contains the information on the piece of paer from the Pharmacy. If these things are not accepted, well, that would be a problem as there is nothing else.  I guess they could call the pharmacy but that is not likely and certainly not possible after closing hours.

vaccineInfo - Copy.jpg

Call a US pharmacy from Thailand? Who's going to bear the cost and how long does it take to check their database if any? Do they even type into their databases? Remember, these cards can be faked.

I wonder why the USA didn't issue something like the Thai vaccine passport for international travellers.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Call a US pharmacy from Thailand? Who's going to bear the cost and how long does it take to check their database if any? Do they even type into their databases? Remember, these cards can be faked.

I wonder why the USA didn't issue something like the Thai vaccine passport for international travellers.

I know that.  It is all totally unverifiable.  As I said, some US States have some online thngs that can be checked, but most US States do not.  The whole schema both in the USA and in Thailand is fundamentally flawed. 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

The reason the US doesn't have a vaccine passport is because of all the nutters who've fallen for the lies and conspiracy theories on the "conservative " media outlets. Total bs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

I haven't heard this before.  Could you give some examples of different domestic airports requiring different documentation for arrivals?  Specifically, I'm interested in Northern Thailand airports.  I guess different southern "sandbox" airports might have special entry requirements for domestic travel if they want to maintain some kind of baseline vaccination level at the location.

Phuket needs both vaccine and PCR test. Ubon needs no PCR test just vaccine - it changed recently. Bangkok, I think vaccine. Phuket 3 weeks ago needed all work related documents before getting on the flight, plus the vaccine and pcr certs. It was a real mess, but now seems to have improved.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Phuket needs both vaccine and PCR test. Ubon needs no PCR test just vaccine - it changed recently. Bangkok, I think vaccine. Phuket 3 weeks ago needed all work related documents before getting on the flight, plus the vaccine and pcr certs. It was a real mess, but now seems to have improved.

Hmm.... different province needs different documents?

I hope all provinces will remove the PCR test requirement if the passenger is FULLY vaccinated.

PCR test for foreigners is quite expensive at around 3000 baht. It's a real deterrent.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, sapson said:

im alright Jack, why bother to post that you dont care about anybody else.

Karma can be harsh and often unexpected.

I think Mr Danger Man was making fun. 'Two Sinovac and one AZ' doesn't count for much as yet. Maybe after end October re; Thai AZ (WHO approval pending) things will improve (for all of us). Then we just need to find a Country that accepts Sinovac too!

• Like 1