Only fully vaccinated or COVID-19 negative passengers allowed to take flights in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Interesting times ahead as far as AZ vaccination goes.  Up until this article popped you could still eter Phuket and even fly with only having a single jab of the AZ vaccine.  Elsewhere it has become either a hit or miss as far as flying while unvaccinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starky said:

Soooo..does that mean no pcr test required for the vaccinated entering Thailand?  And what about airlines I think most of them will still require it

I'm pretty sure they'll keep demanding PCR testing before boarding and after arrival for the foreseeable future, even for those who're fully vaccinated. 

244981267_4698365743520136_3184703323197875162_n.jpeg.7a06e054f3424a36c2d570f589fd2ae2.jpeg

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Wow i had expected that in the US they had at least a digital format. I mean a card like that can be faked so easy and no central database like in other countries. So much for the US being more advanced. 

It's little contradictory. because we ofte read that even you are vaccinated you can still carry and spread the virus, but you won't get seriously sick, or not sick at all. So if that is correct, then being vaccinated is no guarantee for not spreading the virus.

So only non vaccinated people will be stopped from carrying the virus on board an airplane, or is the theory about vaccinated people as virus carriers false...????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow i had expected that in the US they had at least a digital format. I mean a card like that can be faked so easy and no central database like in other countries. So much for the US being more advanced. 

Indeed. At least the paper one in Thailand has an official government/health centre stamp.

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Indeed. At least the paper one in Thailand has an official government/health centre stamp.

Not to mention the data is also available online. So one can check certificates. The US one is too easy to falsify and no online database. In the Netherlands we have an online code too that cant be faked. (or is hard to be faked as all things can be faked given enough resources).

Maybe its the difference between big and small countries ? I mean maybe its just hard for the US because of state laws and privacy to get something like that in a database.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

'Fully vaccinated' is deemed as having received two doses of a vaccine approved for use in Thailand,

It seems that the Sinovac plus AZ, which many people were recommended to take, may not be approved????

Thailand to a T

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not to mention the data is also available online. So one can check certificates. The US one is too easy to falsify and no online database. In the Netherlands we have an online code too that cant be faked. (or is hard to be faked as all things can be faked given enough resources).

Maybe its the difference between big and small countries ? I mean maybe its just hard for the US because of state laws and privacy to get something like that in a database.

California has a database for vaccination and provides a QR code showing vaccination status. 

• Like 1