Majority of Thais don't want Prayuth to cling onto power past 2022, want cabinet reshuffle now, poll

webfact

I am all for a change of govt. here I just don't want to see anyone affiliated with the Taksin clan to ever be back in power here.

I've been here 20 years and remember how they messed up Thailand. It would be a huge step backwards. There must be a better option. 

• Sad 6

Kind of funny when just a few weeks ago same poll was suggesting vast majority support current government and Prayut and have full confidence.

I guess to get an impartial opinion it helps to speak with impartial people

• Like 1

The problem with him leaving is wh do they replace him with.  It seems that Thais have not learned form past mistakes.  They still really have only 2 parties to choose from and neither is exactly what you want.  

To be honest I am surprised that a new version of the FFF has not started and built it's power base.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

majority of Thais don't want current Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha to cling onto power past 2022.

What about the majority of farangs? My highly unscientific poll shows a majority don't want him in power past 2022 hours. That's 8:22 pm for some of you. And that's today.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, wasn't there another poll done recently where the majority wanted him to stay in power as he was the one they believed to be the most competent at moving them forward from Covid.  I am just a little confused obviously.  The man and his cabinet need to go as well as the unelected senate.  Fair elections need to be held and when you look at the time the man has truly been in power he will have reached the maximum amount of time allowed to be Prime Minister and that is 8 years, be it elected or unelected.  Otherwise he would become just like Cambodia's leader, China's leader and of course eventually Myanmar's leader....all dictators.

No need to be confused. The result of a Thai poll depends on who the owner is that organizes the poll.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good job Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....

Just two weeks ago the Super Duper poll showed the majority of Thai's believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will lead Thailand out of the economic crisis ....   Lol

image.png.05cb194dd179fe55e96016967d60e75a.png

Some super poll when only about .0015% of the population were asked there opinion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

No need to be confused. The result of a Thai poll depends on who the owner is that organizes the poll.

I used the same verbiage awhile ago on another poll topic here and was taken to task by another member who asked me if I knew how a poll worked. He may be along soon to school your post also....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, wasn't there another poll done recently where the majority wanted him to stay in power as he was the one they believed to be the most competent at moving them forward from Covid.  I am just a little confused obviously.  The man and his cabinet need to go as well as the unelected senate.  Fair elections need to be held and when you look at the time the man has truly been in power he will have reached the maximum amount of time allowed to be Prime Minister and that is 8 years, be it elected or unelected.  Otherwise he would become just like Cambodia's leader, China's leader and of course eventually Myanmar's leader....all dictators.

Don't forget. The last poll was conducted only in 3 large business operations!!

1) The Thai Army

2) The Thai Navy

3) The Thai Airforce

Even then the vote was quite close!!! 5555????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good job Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....

Just two weeks ago the Super Duper poll showed the majority of Thai's believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will lead Thailand out of the economic crisis ....   Lol

image.png.05cb194dd179fe55e96016967d60e75a.png

Superpoll. Formerly called association of community happiness researchers! ????

Created after the coup by a General.

Edited by candide