10 million baht Nissan sports car belonging to famous garage owner burns out on Bangkok tollway

webfact

13 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

The supercar is worth at least 10.7 million baht according to online information.

Thats £238k. I can buy 3 of them for that price in the UK.

Import tax is a joke.

it was +- 300 % so...  

now its not even on the table.. 

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If the insurer decides that they will not cover the cost of the rebuild, i.e. they write off the car, of course it will get sold...by the insurance company.  That's what they do with written-off vehicles, they sell them, what else would the insurer do with them?

Agree a payout to the insured.. Which is what will likely happen as Heng will almost certainly have better, deeper, cheaper connections to the tuning industry that can rebuild that project better than the insurer can.. 

So they do the numbers.. Its insured for 10.5.. Or they can give heng the car and 5 or 6.. and he has it ground up rebuilt to as new and gets his car back. It will be back on the road eventually one route or another. 

If your going to comment on Thai car markets. It helps to have some actual relevant knowledge to share. 

if you thought he bought the car from Nissan dealer for 10m, you my friend are clueless about Thailand car market, i can go into detail for you to understand, but you know nothing john snow

Edited by vinci
  • Sad 1

hush nobody ask you

55 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Thats exactly what R35s are going for.. Even R34s are going for 6 - 8 ish now. And yes the car was modified, they dont make 1600 bhp stock. 

If your going to comment on Thai car markets. It helps to have some actual relevant knowledge to share. 

Please don't feed the trolls.

Besides which, if when you prove him to be a fool his stock answer will be "hush nobody ask you".

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vinci said:

if its LPG it would burn from the back not the front ????, i think they use exaggerating performance part on an exaggerating car

If you know nothing about JDM sports cars and the parts on this car, just be quiet.

1 hour ago, vinci said:

i was just wondering "Always Lit" are you that guy on YouTube that came to the shop, I'm just curious

Have no idea what you're talking about. So no.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

he DID  not mention NEW vehicles.....buddy????

I thought it was pretty obvious (regardless if he said it or not). Comparing a 15 year old Ferrari to a 2017+ GTR literally makes no sense. You realize cars are depreciating assets right?  ????

1 hour ago, Always Lit said:

I thought it was pretty obvious (regardless if he said it or not). Comparing a 15 year old Ferrari to a 2017+ GTR literally makes no sense. You realize cars are depreciating assets right?  ????

Not  at the moment ,many going up up up  secondhand

• Thanks 1

If you know nothing about JDM sports cars and the parts on this car, just be quiet.

stop trying so hard bro, gen X is the startup generation, your JDM came from us, we are the creator of your JDM, so hush child

Edited by vinci

On 10/10/2021 at 10:26 PM, ezzra said:

Never-mind. soon it will be replaced with even a better and more fancy one courtesy of the famous car's smugglers rings out side and inside this country...

19 hours ago, vinci said:

if you thought he bought the car from Nissan dealer for 10m, you my friend are clueless about Thailand car market, i can go into detail for you to understand, but you know nothing john snow

I would actually like to learn more about this and would very much appreciate more detail. Is there a reliable way to avoid the ridiculous import tax?

Asking for informational purposes only, of course. ????

After some researching and watching YouTube videos and asking some mutual friends in the car scene. Let’s put the issue to rest.

The car is a 2012 Nissan GTR Black Edition. It would have cost around $7-8 million back then depending on the option. Black Edition is nothing special, mostly just cosmetic differences. The press quoted it at $10 million +, yes a new GTR would cost 9+ million and easily over 10 if you start ticking options for the car. It’s just lazy reporting and fact checking from the press.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1903-2012-nissan-gt-r-top-secret-clearance/

Insurance in Thailand would not have cover a car that’s been tuned to this level if they knew. So talking and arguing how much it’s worth with the mods in regards to insurance valuation of the car is silly.  But this is Thailand, you can still get a car insured (as a stock car) that is tuned to this level because insurance companies don’t check and transportation department turns a blind eye to the mods if you have some connection.

I can confirm that the car is a write off due to the extensive damage. I can’t confirm how much insurance will pay but if they do, being a 9 year old car, insurance would have offered less than 50% of the value of the car.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, LivinLOS said:

Since the additional restrictions on used imports the value of classics and the elite performance items has just spiked.. 

10.5mil for a 1600 hp R35 is conservative. 10 even 12 has been recent trades on mostly stock ones. One like this is pick a number unobtainium. Likey the nicest example in the country and unreplacable legally. I am confident it will be ground up rebuilt, the economics of that process stack up. 

There is no restrictions on parts, so I don’t understand your logic in regards to “elite performance items”. Standard tax on car parts is still the same at around 30%.

Yes there is restrictions on used car imports, that has nothing to do with what insurance companies will insure an old car and pay for. Especially this car which is not rare by any means. It’s only rare because of top of the line parts he put on, which still can be bought and redone. Black Edition is the second most common edition, thousands have been built. Rare versions are like the VSpec, Track, NISMO.

Below link is a reference on production numbers.

https://gtr-registry.com/en-r35-colours.php

Yes that GTR might be rebuilt after the insurance company sells it, or the owner Heng agrees to an amount with the insurance company. You can find a used black edition GTR for 5-7 million on the market. So doubt the owner would try to fix it, better to buy a used one in good condition than a fix fire damaged one.

Again I’m not saying the car with mods is not worth over 10, it is. It’s just not to the insurance company.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:09 PM, vinci said:

if its LPG it would burn from the back not the front ????, i think they use exaggerating performance part on an exaggerating car

Why would it "burn from the back, not the front", doesn't it depend on where the fire starts? 

Maybe you're saying that because LPG tanks are sited in the rear?    Where are petrol tanks sited?

On 10/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, vinci said:

To set the record straight, his car was a 2012 that he bought in 2014 and paid a bit over B7,200,000.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 10/16/2021 at 4:04 AM, fallup88 said:

There is no restrictions on parts, so I don’t understand your logic in regards to “elite performance items”. Standard tax on car parts is still the same at around 30%.

Elite performance items.. meaning top tier tuner cars, and the lambo / McLaren / supercar set.. 

Both elite performance cars and real classics have absolutely exploded in price in the last few years.