10 million baht Nissan sports car belonging to famous garage owner burns out on Bangkok tollway

webfact

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If he is reporting it to his insurance company he will provide paperwork to show his purchases of the parts and such to rebuild the car as it was built out. 

When he claims the insurer will decide whether to write the car off or repair it.  A repair in this case is very unlikely. 

Assuming that he has it insured according to his insurer's requirements, his insurer will know about the modifications and he will not necessarily have to produce documentation/receipts for them, he will be paid either market value or an "agreed value" depending on his policy.     

If the insurer had not been informed of the substantial modifications he'll probably have a fight on his hands to get anything.

24 minutes ago, wprime said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A repair in this case is very unlikely.

Once again showing off your ignorance. The replacement cost of everything in a stock GTR is around 5MB including taxes + labour. No idiot is going to write off a 10MB car when it can be fixed for 5MB.

To use your sage words, 'once again showing off your ignorance'.  Did you look at the photo of the car?

This was a million miles away from a stock GTR!

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The first two words of your post were "insurance scam?", something that you were clearly suggesting.

I have not snipped any of your quotes that have altered the tone or context of your comments, neither have I misquoted you.   There is no requirement for an entire post to be quoted. unnecessarily.

Expand  

The whole sentence was "My post was just laying out a possibility, but as usual you only want to see positive words and not negative views", for which your short cutting of only a portion changed the context of the sentence. 

Your opinion of what you think that I want to see (!) and your separate assertion of possible insurance fraud are not connected.   I was commenting only on your assertion (with a question mark) of possible fraud.   My quoting the relevant part of your comment did not alter the context of that.

• Haha 1

Its not as if insurance scam doesn’t happens in western countries. 

Due to the extensive fire damage, the car will be written off. Engine is gone, fire damaged to front chassis and interior. It’s common knowledge extensive mods like that are not covered in the insurance.

Heavily modified cars go in flames all the time in western countries as well…. 

Cost of a new GTR are around 9 million, special editions are over 10 million. Back 5-6 years ago, a new GTR was only around 7 million.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insurance scam?, or is this a known mechanical issue, of which when I research the issue is not a known problem...hmmm

Heng has real deep pockets and the vehicle was heavily modified.

A replacement is chump change to him.

4 hours ago, vinci said:

first off a Nissan GTR does not worth $10m baht even with mod, you are talking about Ferrari category, exaggeration number, second the car has been alteration, if its burn blame on the alteration of the car, who knows what they did to the car

be atleast 5 million spent in the driveline alone.

10+ million is cheap.

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insurance scam?, or is this a known mechanical issue, of which when I research the issue is not a known problem...hmmm

In Thailand you only get 70-80% of your vehicle value so better to just sell it for the proper value.

When I first bought a new car I asked the sales guy why. He just said straight out “ if they paid out full market value everyone would have their car stolen”

Makes sense. 

Edited by XJPSX

5 hours ago, wprime said:

The quote I was replying to would be meaningless if it wasn't referring to new cars.

All the more reason it won't be written off...A stock car is the base case, the more valuable it is, the more economical it is to repair. At this point you're just trying to defend the indefensible using a strawman fallacy. You said the car will probably be written off, you're wrong.

The bottom line is the wreck alone is worth at least 5MB in Thailand because it allows you to rebuild a GTR with the tax paid. For this reason there is an active market for wrecks. No matter what way you'd like to spin it, nobody is going to write off 5MB when they can either sell the wreck or repair it into a 10MB car for just 5MB. One way or another this car will be repaired and back on the roads.

"You said the car will probably be written off, you're wrong".

I disagree, I believe it will be written off.  You're wrong.

No one would be "writing off B5m", it's the car that gets written off by the insurer.

You seriously think that an insurer will pay to repair this for the owner to the standard it was before the fire?    Have you any idea how much was spent on this car and what the mods were?

If the insurer decides that they will not cover the cost of the rebuild, i.e. they write off the car, of course it will get sold...by the insurance company.  That's what they do with written-off vehicles, they sell them, what else would the insurer do with them?

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"You said the car will probably be written off, you're wrong".

I disagree, I believe it will be written off.  You're wrong.

No one would be "writing off B5m", it's the car that gets written off by the insurer.

You seriously think that an insurer will pay to repair this for the owner to the standard it was before the fire?    Have you any idea how much was spent on this car and what the mods were?

If the insurer decides that they will not cover the cost of the rebuild, i.e. they write off the car, of course it will get sold...by the insurance company.  That's what they do with written-off vehicles, they sell them, what else would the insurer do with them?

The insurer will only write it off if the cost of the repairs is near to or above the insured value.

If the modifications are not insured, the cost of repairs will be 5MB and the insured value will be 10MB so they will repair it.

If the modifications are insured (which is unlikely unless he had some special provider), then the cost of repairs would be 10MB, and the insured value 15MB, so they will repair it.

21 hours ago, vinci said:

first off a Nissan GTR does not worth $10m baht even with mod, you are talking about Ferrari category, exaggeration number, second the car has been alteration, if its burn blame on the alteration of the car, who knows what they did to the car

Please don't comment on something you know nothing about.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

so  mint it  caught  fire

That's the nature of modified cars, buddy. When you modify a car to well over 1600+bhp, that's the risk you take. Even stock factory cars can go up in flames.

19 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I suspect you know nothing about cars. You are literally comparing a 2007 F430 to a newer-ish GTR. Now go Google the price of a 2021 Nissan GTR and compare it with a 2021 Ferrari F8 Tributo here in Thailand and let me know what you find. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Always Lit said:

Please don't comment on something you know nothing about.

hush nobody ask you

Khun Heng is well known and a well respected car collector

the car burn down to the ground

"A Nissan can't be worth 10mb" - Just a bunch of clueless farangs that know nothing about sports cars and assume a Nissan can't be worth as much as a Ferrari lmaooo.

exaggerating

Edited by vinci

19 hours ago, fallup88 said:

Cost of a new GTR are around 9 million, special editions are over 10 million. Back 5-6 years ago, a new GTR was only around 7 million.

Since the additional restrictions on used imports the value of classics and the elite performance items has just spiked.. 

10.5mil for a 1600 hp R35 is conservative. 10 even 12 has been recent trades on mostly stock ones. One like this is pick a number unobtainium. Likey the nicest example in the country and unreplacable legally. I am confident it will be ground up rebuilt, the economics of that process stack up.