10 million baht Nissan sports car belonging to famous garage owner burns out on Bangkok tollway

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that a Nissan GT-R 35 sports car went up in flames on the Bangkok tollway in the area of Wat Samian Naree in the Chatuchak area of the Thai capital.

The gasoline powere car reportedly had an electrical short circuit in the engine that caused a fire that spread to the passenger compartment. 

No one was hurt in the incident that happened at 7.50 am yesterday, Sunday.

The supercar is worth at least 10.7 million baht according to online information.

The Thai media reported that the Bangkok plated vehicle is registered to the well known owner of Heng Garage in the Jaran Sanitwong area of Bangkok.

He is Rattachai "Heng" Thammarat. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I think when doing your research you should have checked out Heng Garage first...

His latest edition, makes one wonder what he had done to the engine that may have caused it to have an electrical fire.  Thanks for the info.  Never thought to run the mans name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The supercar is worth at least 10.7 million baht according to online information.

Correct that: WAS worth.

Being that he is a garage owner, its possible he has had some "extra" work done on it by his mechanics. Error by someone.

• Like 2

first off a Nissan GTR does not worth $10m baht even with mod, you are talking about Ferrari category, exaggeration number, second the car has been alteration, if its burn blame on the alteration of the car, who knows what they did to the car

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insurance scam?, or is this a known mechanical issue, of which when I research the issue is not a known problem...hmmm

Why do so many posters here leap to the "insurance scam" accusation with no evidence?

The owner is well-known in Bangkok, as is the car which had been massively modified with imported Japanese parts.   The owner has no need to do an insurance scam, he's a very successful civil engineer with many modified vehicles.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/jk37k2y/

https://www.carthrottle.com/user/a7obzzz/

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I think when doing your research you should have checked out Heng Garage first...

I chose to play that video on double speed, and when I say CB Media, I was grateful of my decision!

He has THE MOST ANNOYING voice, and I have no idea how on earth his clips get so many views!

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insurance scam?, or is this a known mechanical issue, of which when I research the issue is not a known problem...hmmm

What kind of scam did you have in mind? That car is getting repaired for sure so the owner isn't getting a payout.

Expensive cars never get written off here unless they're very old. Because the taxes on whole cars are so much higher than the import taxes on parts, you can rebuild cars from just the VIN number for 1/3 of the cost of a new car.

Edited by wprime
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your post was, in fact, just laying out an unjustified assertion.  

Again your view as it started of with "Insurance Scam?", notice the question mark but to each his own, enjoy your view as I agree to disagree.

Next time quote my entire post and not cut and paste just a certain segment to try and use it as a misquote, just as you did.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, wprime said:

What kind of scam did you have in mind? That car is getting repaired for sure so the owner isn't getting a payout.

Expensive cars never get written off here unless they're very old. Because the taxes on whole cars are so much higher than the import taxes on parts, you can rebuild cars from just the VIN number for 1/3 of the cost of a new car.

If he is reporting it to his insurance company he will provide paperwork to show his purchases of the parts and such to rebuild the car as it was built out.  This is where the problems arise and folks either embelish the costs to rebuild the vehicle or when they do get the payout in order to rebuild it as it was, do not build it to the specifications it was and therefor pocket the extra money.  As you stated you can rebuild cars for 1/3rd of the cost here versus a new vehicle, but his was not original as what has been written in other posts.  Therefor again pocketing the extra cash.  Of course my view is skewed as an investigator and is my own opinion as to a possibility.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your post was, in fact, just laying out an unjustified assertion.  

Again your view as it started of with "Insurance Scam?", notice the question mark but to each his own, enjoy your view as I agree to disagree.

Next time quote my entire post and not cut and past a certain segment to try and use it as a misquote as you did.

The first two words of your post were "insurance scam?", something that you were clearly suggesting.

I have not snipped any of your quotes that have altered the tone or context of your comments, neither have I misquoted you.   There is no requirement for an entire post to be quoted. unnecessarily.

38 minutes ago, wprime said:

You have no idea what cars sell for here.

10M is nowhere near Ferrari money. A stock GTR starts at about 10.9M.

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/ferrari-f430-v8-bangkok-metropolitan-liab-duan-ram-inthra-kasetnawamin/8190973

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/ferrari-f430-bangkok-metropolitan-liab-duan-ram-inthra-kasetnawamin/7548609

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The first two words of your post were "insurance scam?", something that you were clearly suggesting.

I have not snipped any of your quotes that have altered the tone or context of your comments, neither have I misquoted you.   There is no requirement for an entire post to be quoted. unnecessarily.

The whole sentence was "My post was just laying out a possibility, but as usual you only want to see positive words and not negative views", for which your short cutting of only a portion changed the context of the sentence.  However, believe what you want as a Question mark? means:

1. A punctuation symbol (?) written at the end of a sentence or phrase to indicate a direct question.
  2. Something that is unknown, mysterious, or doubtful.
  3. The punctuation mark ?”, used at the end of a sentence to indicate a question.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1