Marriage Extension at Pathum Thani - Any "special" requirements.

Anyone done a marriage extension at Pathum Thani recently?

Anything "special" required on top of the usual:- 

KR. 2  
KR. 3

(Or KR22 if married outside Thailand)
Wife - Copy  ID. Card 
Wife - Copy home registration 
Home map
Family Photo with address number
Photo Inside the house 
Photo Outside the house 
Visa Photo 4×6 cm.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Money in bank or income method

To cause confusion - local income from my job in Thailand ???? 

We're swapping from employment to marriage and also changing immigration offices, previously used CW.

Work are preparing the usual tax documentation that they've used in the past for work extensions.

Just now, tuk75 said:

2 copies of passport, copies of visas and copies of tm 6.

What I can remember.

T.

Yeah, I'd assumed that the "normal" copies would be taken as read, but good to inform others.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I'd assumed that the "normal" copies would be taken as read, but good to inform others.

Your OP, did not provide much info.

Example later state that your applying and different imm office due to change of address. We can assume that you have done a TM30 and providing that however not stated etc.

Edited by DrJack54

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your OP, did not provide much info.

Example later state that your applying and different imm office due to change of address. We can assume that you have done a TM30 and providing that however not stated etc.

Yes, TM30 done at new office.

I'm really looking for any "surprises" particular to the Pathum Thani office.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yes, TM30 done at new office.

I'm really looking for any "surprises" particular to the Pathum Thani office.

Last application there in April was made to submit a TM28, even though no changes of address since 2008.

You may not need it, but download one and have it filled in to save time, just in case.

Also required EVERY  stamped page of passport photocopied, even visa into Vietnam etc.(and signed in blue pen of course). 

Home map hand drawn.....would not accept Google print out !

Expect mandatory home visit from PT IO....rather than a random visit (local witnesses required ), wife slipped them an "incentive " to come on a particular day.

That's about all I can think of.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Updated Kor Ror 2, no older than 1 month, letter from bank, bank statements if using income method, copy of bank book with a transaction on the day you go to immigration. copy of marriage certificate plus take the original to show them,

I am doing extension based on marriage since more than 10 years and each time my Thai wife goes two weeks before the application to Immigration office to collect the latest list of paperwork from the lady at the entrance of the Immigration Office / several times that list changed....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So we have just been for our first vist to the Pathum Thani office. Very quiet, much nicer than the zoo that is Chaeng Watthana ???? 

Our office lady who assists with all things immigration had already got a Check-List from them, nothing unusual on it.

BUT (Surprise, surprise)

They also want the original KR22 (and copy) as well as the "we are still married" update we got last week, not sure if that's actually a general thing.

AND

Our UK marriage certificate translated and certified. Luckily we had that done when we got the KR22 which is supposed to replace them.

ALSO

The Tabien-Baan copy had to be all on one sheet.

Going back after lunch to find out what they "forgot" to ask for this morning.

59 minutes ago, bbko said:

Related question, I only have a black & white printer, do the family photos need to be in color or is B/W on A4 paper ok?

That will depend upon the office you apply at. Most will want them to be in color.

• Like 2

OK, finally sorted.

This aternoon they decided they didn't want to see the original KR22, but I did have to do another TM28 despite doing one in April.

All pretty relaxed really although I hadn't really expected the invasive questions at the interview.

Next hurdle, the home visit since they said "without notice" and, of course, I have a job! We also have to have two witnesses that know us. That's no problem, Madam is very well known in the village environment.

@ubonjoe What happens if you are not home when they visit?

5 hours ago, bbko said:

Related question, I only have a black & white printer, do the family photos need to be in color or is B/W on A4 paper ok?

I asked Pathum this afternoon (but you need to check your own office).

• They want colour photos.
  • They prefer mono copies.

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What happens if you are not home when they visit?

I have never heard of any office doing a home visit without notice. I can't see how they could expect both you to be at home at the same time for a unknow period of time.

I would not worry about not being home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never heard of any office doing a home visit without notice. I can't see how they could expect both you to be at home at the same time for a unknow period of time.

I would not worry about not being home.

That was my thought too, but they stressed "without notice"!

We shall see.

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

That was my thought too, but they stressed "without notice"!

We shall see.

I've been doing marriage extensions at PT for many years and they have always advised when they will make the home visit....especially as you have organize the witnesses too!!

• Like 1