Double or triple entry tourist visa

Apologies if this as been mentioned before,but im dizzy scrolling through the many covid/ visa threads,

My married couple Brit friends have been spending six months in Thailand and six months in the UK for the last ten years before covid entering on a double entry tourist visa or a triple entry (not sure) and walking across the Mai Sai border here in Chiangrai to activate their visa, have searched but cant find the latest rules.

As anyone obtained a double entry or triple entry tourist visa recently in order to stay for up to six months in Thailand without the quarantine rules etc.

Thanks for your help

Triple and double entry TV has not been available for some time pre covid. In some ways replaced by METV (currently not available).

In any event exit and reenter Thailand is currently not a suitable option. 

Are friends 50+

Edited by DrJack54

Double and triple entry tourist visas were discontinued years ago when the multiple entry tourist visa was introduced. The METV is only issued in your home country (or country of legal residence). At the current time, the METV is suspended. As all land borders with Thailand are currently sealed, the METV would not be useful for the kind of process you used in the past.

Right now, there are regulations around entry into Thailand that make visits undesirable unless you have strong motives to want to come. There are relaxations in the works, but I recommend you wait to see how things develop over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

My friends are over fifty,they have been fully vaccinated and are getting the booster shot in the next week or two,they have told me they will hopefully be coming for a two month holiday after applying for a tourist visa that does not require quarantine.

Am i reading this right,according to the rules and requirements on the Thai government web site if you come with a visa that allows you to stay for two months without any ASQ hotel requirements,but if you come on a STV and stay over90 days you need to quarantine in a ASQ hotel, 

Now that does not make sense to me,if you are FULLY vaccinated and you are free from covid in your two months stay,but you must quarantine first in a ASQ hotel if you want to stay longer on a STV visa,

Once again am i missing something,surely if you don't have covid in your first two months there is a VERY good chance you won't have covid if you stay longer than two months

Thanks

Screenshot_20211013_054850_com.huawei.photos.jpg

9 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

METV's are available in the USA so they are probably so in the UK.

From the Embassy in London:

For tourism purposes (more than 45 days)

Tourists can apply for single entry tourist visa (single entry only for stay up to 60 days) and special tourist visa (for stay up to 90 days) at www.thaievisa.go.th.  Currently, the multiple entry tourist visa (6 months) are currently suspended and the Embassy is not allowed to issue it.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soapy 100 said:

Am i reading this right,according to the rules and requirements on the Thai government web site if you come with a visa that allows you to stay for two months without any ASQ hotel requirements,but if you come on a STV and stay over90 days you need to quarantine in a ASQ hotel, 

They have not changed their site to reflect the announced possible changes on November 1st.

Nothing has been put on paper about it yet. It will be a while before they change their site to show it.

50 minutes ago, Salerno said:

From the Embassy in London:

That was the same wording that the DC consulate used to have on their web page before they changed it . I don't know how up-to-date London's page is kept but I hope for the UK's sake, it's just slow. I can't imagine there's any reason for the difference. From my experience, the LA consulate is usually pretty late to getting to something while NY and DC seem to more prompt. I can email LA and not get an answer for weeks. They're too busy enjoying all our beautiful state has to offer. ????

3 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

I don't know how up-to-date London's page is kept but I hope for the UK's sake, it's just slow. I can't imagine there's any reason for the difference.

Embassy/consulate sites around the world do tend to have mistakes/outdated info/different rules; I think they do it on purpose to keep us guessing ????‍♂️ Classic example, you guys and Brits can use evisa whereas in Aus they still want passports mailed in.