Jump to content

COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,064 new coronavirus cases, 82 deaths


Recommended Posts

COV13.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

 

Thailand on Wednesday (October 13) reported 10,064 new COVID-19 cases, 10,988 recoveries and 82 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

 

◼︎ 10,988 recoveries

◼︎ 9,946 new infections 

◼︎ 118 prison / prison infections

 

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,711,565

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,587,917

 

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,740,428 with 17,917 deaths.

 

The news comes as Thais remain divided over the decision, announced by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, to allow foreign travellers to enter the country from November 1st, provided they are fully vaccinated, test negative for COVID-19 and arrive from one of the countries on the government’s approved list.

 

Virologist Dr. Anan Jongkaewwattana asked, if 100,000 foreign tourists arrive in Thailand in a day, how health officials would be able to administer such a large number of RT-PCR tests effectively.

 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

 

 

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update13OCT).png

 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phuket health authorities are reporting 165 new local cases , five cases from the Sandbox and two deaths. There are 3,347 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 148 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1448076946873720837

Image

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Health officials on Tuesday (Oct 12) reported 47 new COVID-19 cases, 8 were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 9 cases were found in Pranburi, 2 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 1 case in Kuiburi, No-case found in Thap Sakae, 25 cases in Bang Saphan, and also No-case found in Bang Saphan Noi, and 2 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

No deaths were reported today.

 

Oct 12: Prachuap reports 47 new COVID-19 cases, 8 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 10,064 confirmed cases, 3,498 probable cases (ATK), and 82 deaths (1.03%). Out of 107,168 patients , 39,529 are in hospital, 55,824 in ‘hospitel’ and 9,842 in home/community isolation. 2,941 in a serious condition (-13) with 669 on ventilators (+9) #Thailand #COVID19

 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1448099581930008578

Image

So 9 more added to ventilators. The almost 10k in home isolation is also a huge number and worrying if they do not stay isolated.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Iif there really 100k tourist coming the positive cases will drop seriously.. They have never performed 100k test  for the THai people so they will not be tested because there is capacity anymore and the tourists are vaccinated... everybody happy.. No covid anymore in Thailand

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks to be a stagnation of reported cases in the 10k range.  Obviously this is due to a lack of testing and the only testing being those seeking treatment at the hospitals. ATK testing seems to be limited as far as reporting. 

 

I asked at the Pharmacy last evening if they had any Kits and the pharmacist told me that as soon as they get a supply people grab them up.  She indicated she gets them about once a week, and has no idea if any of those buying them have been reported to the MOPH or sent back to them for entry into the system in order to obtain benefits given. 

 

Seems that if you report yourself as having a positive test on the ATK's and then send them in to the MOPH you are then registered, medicine is sent to you and a stipend is also given to buy food and have it delivered to where you are isolating, that is if your Thai.  Not much being published on this except in the Thai papers, however the Pharmacist was very open.  Sure it is anecdotal but it does say something about what's happening.

So there is no confirmation test, the antigen test is regarded as accurate. I had been wondering. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go.......Anutin wants PCR test on arrival even though Thailand does not have the capacity to do this and he wants them to stay the night in the Province they arrive. Lets see what else everyone else wants, this could get messy.

 

Anutin: Allow more tourists to enter, not just from 10 low-risk countries

 

Initially, tourists from 10 low-risk countries will be allowed to enter Thailand without having to quarantine, provided they are fully jabbed and test negative.

However, Anutin voiced disagreement. He said tourists from more countries other than the 10 “low-risk” nations should be allowed in, and they should all be required to take RT-PCR tests on entry and stay a night in a province they arrive. If the tests prove they are not infected, they can be allowed to travel in the country.

He also told the press that he had already discussed his opinions with other “relevant” individuals.

 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007454

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rott said:

So there is no confirmation test, the antigen test is regarded as accurate. I had been wondering. 

That is why they do not include a positive ATK test result as an actual case and only a probable case and they are not reported in the daily case numbers but added as a footnote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here we go.......Anutin wants PCR test on arrival even though Thailand does not have the capacity to do this and he wants them to stay the night in the Province they arrive. Lets see what else everyone else wants, this could get messy.

 

Anutin: Allow more tourists to enter, not just from 10 low-risk countries

 

Initially, tourists from 10 low-risk countries will be allowed to enter Thailand without having to quarantine, provided they are fully jabbed and test negative.

However, Anutin voiced disagreement. He said tourists from more countries other than the 10 “low-risk” nations should be allowed in, and they should all be required to take RT-PCR tests on entry and stay a night in a province they arrive. If the tests prove they are not infected, they can be allowed to travel in the country.

He also told the press that he had already discussed his opinions with other “relevant” individuals.

 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007454

Starting to sound like a royal fluster cluck in the making if you as me.  More chefs in the kitchen then needed and fewer waiters/waitresses to serve the public.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PM’s reopening order-only the beginning of the end of this cataclysmic crisis for Thai tourism

 

There is already growing opposition in some medical circles to the intervention of the prime minister on Monday night’s TV address to the nation where he made a speech that decisively cut across more complicated and confusing reopening plans to announce a blanket approach to allowing entry without quarantine to vaccinated visitors from an initial list of 10 countries which will be widened in December. The PM also promised the return of booze sales and possibly the entertainment industry which are essential to kickstarting the more lucrative foreign tourism industry that existed before the complete closure of the industry in April 2020 which has left the sector moribund since, despite initiatives such as the Phuket Sandbox.

 

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/10/13/pm-reopening-order-to-end-virus-crisis-tourism/

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PM’s reopening order-only the beginning of the end of this cataclysmic crisis for Thai tourism

 

There is already growing opposition in some medical circles to the intervention of the prime minister on Monday night’s TV address to the nation where he made a speech that decisively cut across more complicated and confusing reopening plans to announce a blanket approach to allowing entry without quarantine to vaccinated visitors from an initial list of 10 countries which will be widened in December. The PM also promised the return of booze sales and possibly the entertainment industry which are essential to kickstarting the more lucrative foreign tourism industry that existed before the complete closure of the industry in April 2020 which has left the sector moribund since, despite initiatives such as the Phuket Sandbox.

 

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/10/13/pm-reopening-order-to-end-virus-crisis-tourism/

If it fails to materialize then what does that say about this PM and his future in the position.....asking for my goldfish who was nominated as a PM possibility by the KOI party.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Not even confirmed yet.

 

Will tourists purchase a flight with ThaiAirways at this stage.   Even if it's confirmed tomorrow,  it will several days to be published in Royal Gazette.

 

Thai Airways tweeted to say visitors from low risk countries can visit #Thailand without doing quarantine from 1st November. But isn’t that jumping the gun? The CCSA hasn’t had the meeting yet to consider the PM’s proposal. I would strongly advise not buying your tickets yet.

 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1448149178824073219

Image

 

 

Totally irresponsible, very surprised this is out there, I wonder if their terms and conditions stipulate this could all go tits up?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Not even confirmed yet.

 

Will tourists purchase a flight with ThaiAirways at this stage.   Even if it's confirmed tomorrow,  it will take several days to be published in Royal Gazette.

 

Thai Airways tweeted to say visitors from low risk countries can visit #Thailand without doing quarantine from 1st November. But isn’t that jumping the gun? The CCSA hasn’t had the meeting yet to consider the PM’s proposal. I would strongly advise not buying your tickets yet.

 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1448149178824073219

Image

 

 

Plastered all over global media.

Sky TV broke the news as the Thai PM was speaking.

Strap headline "Thailand drop quarantine from 1st November." rolling across bottom of screen.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Health ministry dispels allegation of radioactive contaminants in mRNA vaccines

The Ministry of Public Health has addressed allegations of Pfizer’s mRNA vaccines being contaminated with radiation, asserting that COVID-19 vaccines used in Thailand are safe.

 

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG211013120202373

Seems the Antivaxxers rhetoric from the west is starting to spill over.  All of the misinformation that gets spouted elsewhere as well as the videos full of conspiracy theories, as well as the ones that pop up from time to time on this forum is starting to get drilled into the minds of Thai people.  Social Media can be very damaging, and Tik Tok and Instagram are littered with this misinformation.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

10k seems to be the new normal.

Yes.  Seems a shame they still want to wait before opening up.  Does anyone really think the daily numbers will be substantially lower come 1 November or 1 December?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...