COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,064 new coronavirus cases, 82 deaths

webfact

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  Seems a shame they still want to wait before opening up.  Does anyone really think the daily numbers will be substantially lower come 1 November or 1 December?

In reality probably be higher, officially will probably be lower. Just my opinion.

56 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

10k seems to be the new normal.

By 10k are you including the ATK tests that the Rural Doctor's Association says should be included? On that point there are now hundreds of thousands if not millions of these things out there. I wonder why the positives being reported are so low?

Tourists are not going “Flock to Thailand” while COE, and all the other 101 hoops you have to jump through to get here, still remain. Not real tourists anyway. It will still mainly be returning Thais and expats, business people, and a handful of hardcore tourists.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1448186719740727297

• Like 2

CCSA sub-panel to propose zone and curfew adjustments at general meeting with Thai PM tomorrow

A sub-panel meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is planning to propose the adjustment of dark-red zone provinces from 29 to 24 provinces and curfew hours from 11:00 PM. to 3:00 AM. at the upcoming general meeting of the CCSA, chaired by the Prime Minister, tomorrow, October 14th.

Other proposals to be discussed include the draft of the country reopening to welcome fully vaccinated tourists from low-risk countries in November, what countries are considered low-risk

TPN media notes at this time that all of these items are proposals, and not guaranteed or set in stone to happen.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/10/13/ccsa-sub-panel-to-propose-zone-and-curfew-adjustments-at-general-meeting-with-thai-pm-tomorrow/

Deputy government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul recently revealed that Siam Bioscience has been added to the list of alternative manufacturing sites for AstraZeneca AB, as part of the WHO EUL. The WHO EUL webpage will be updated with the new manufacturing site soon.

FBk6tuLVgAA-koo.jpg.63ae1d723c00253b406b6cd740398569.jpg

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1448253436303085571

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  Seems a shame they still want to wait before opening up.  Does anyone really think the daily numbers will be substantially lower come 1 November or 1 December?

I guess the only reason for the delay would be  to give the industry longer to prepare and also to reach the vaccination target. 

Other than that, the extremely low numbers suggest they should open both the schools and the country immediately 

Edited by Kadilo

"New infections in the three provinces continue to surge"

Travellers from three border provinces to Songkhla face tighter controls

Checkpoints have been set up on main roads linking Thailand’s Songkhla province with Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat for the random screening of people coming from the three southern border provinces, in an escalated attempt to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

New infections in the three provinces continue to surge, with Pattani logging 566 cases today (Wednesday), the most in southern region.

He also said that the provincial administration has hastened the setting up of community isolation facilities, with capacity to accommodate up to 10,000 patients, to cope with the rising number of infections in the province.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/travellers-from-three-border-provinces-to-songkhla-face-tighter-controls/

• Like 1

Let's see what today's holiday brings forth in cases. The malls were packed. We hit Central world to pick up some shoes for the GF's daughters birthday, which was today, and it was packed.  All the restaurants were extremely busy with waiting ques, and then even the shops were busy inside as well.  We social distanced the best we could before driving over to Siam Paragon to pick up the GF's watch from where it had been repaired  Siam Paragon was just as busy as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Let's see what today's holiday brings forth in cases. The malls were packed. We hit Central world to pick up some shoes for the GF's daughters birthday, which was today, and it was packed.  All the restaurants were extremely busy with waiting ques, and then even the shops were busy inside as well.  We social distanced the best we could before driving over to Siam Paragon to pick up the GF's watch from where it had been repaired  Siam Paragon was just as busy as well.  

Thanks for the update. 

I’m guessing it’s inevitable there will be a spike in the number of infections if people who are not fully vaccinated are still going to areas they know to be packed for non urgent reasons, whether it be to eat or otherwise and where social distancing would be practically impossible, let alone the lack of hygiene and impossibility of keeping it Covid clean due to volume of people touching surfaces. 

Even worse if they have stopped doing check on the entrances as was highlighted recently, by yourself if I recall correctly. 

But life must go on and businesses will be grateful for the increased trade 

Anyhow, stay safe, and keep socially distant and take care of each other. 

Edited by Kadilo

I understand the malls are packed but I think many at the moments already received at least one dose of vaccines. I can not find the stats for Bangkok, I don t know where to search. It will be a good test and interesting to check the numbers next week especially the numbers in hospitals. I think we may be able to see the first real benefit of vaccination as we saw inother countries. I ll wait untill I m fully vaccinated + one week before start to go to shopping malls etc..

2 minutes ago, thaichina said:

I understand the malls are packed but I think many at the moments already received at least one dose of vaccines. I can not find the stats for Bangkok, I don t know where to search. It will be a good test and interesting to check the numbers next week especially the numbers in hospitals. I think we may be able to see the first real benefit of vaccination as we saw inother countries. I ll wait untill I m fully vaccinated + one week before start to go to shopping malls etc..

Good idea. Err on the safe side. 

Edited by Kadilo

Thailand reports 11,276 new COVID-19 cases and 112 deaths

2021-04-26T031724Z_1_LYNXMPEH3P04F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (October 14) reported 11,276 new COVID-19 cases, 10,407 recoveries and 112 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1235344-thailand-reports-11276-new-covid-19-cases-and-112-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin