Anutin: He's "ready" for Thailand reopening but pubs and bars have to be reopened with utmost care

webfact

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Devils always in the details. How can anyone truly make plans when the situation according to Anutin could be dependent upon the situation.....argh

How can you open the Bars or Pubs with utmost care? I bet someone has never been pis--- in his life.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

lol tell that to those waiting for the pubs to open ????

its gonna be carnage when they finally reopen

Not necessarily, how many times have they been closed and re-opened so far.? 

When it was just those with restaurant licenses that could serve alcohol there was no chaos. 

This would be the best time to do it, when there's not many people here. There will be mongers and drinkers returning when the immigration requirements actually ease off. 

Makes no difference to me, but I am concerned for other people. ????

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

The security guard ( and his trusty dog ) will arrive at 8 PM to open up for the night. After a hectic night swatting mossies and playing 'The Simsons Tapped out' on his iPhone he will lock up again at 6 AM. 

Or maybe someone has bought him an Oxford concise  (OED), in which case that leaves these options.

1680261884_Screenshot2021-10-13at10_47_05.png.78bf39d1ee95cd812e71df3930199ea4.png

Obviously from the US Version of the OED as they spell SNOWPLOW as they do, and we don't!

I could think of a much better example for Verb No. 2 than a bleedin' Eagle.

Sorry, now back to these bars opening again.....................

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah yes the Health Minister currently has no clue what the details are. Let alone any potential tourists who are supposed to be coming from 1st Nov. 

Nothing happens until it's officially announced in the Royal Gazette, and that is someway off.

Why didn’t he take the easy route “ we will have to wait until the committee makes a statement at the end of this week” but no he has to waste time talking about, maybe or possible etc however he is no I different than any other wannabe leader.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I thought December 1st was a confirmed date for alcohol in restaurants?

Will they open bars and nightclubs before allowing restaurants to serve alcohol?

November 1st was the date for restaurants being allowed to sell alcohol - December 1st was the date that "entertainment venues" are allowed to open - but no mention of alcohol! 

When the place opens the virus will spread.  More humans congregating in close proximity means it's guaranteed.  Vaccination rates have hit/will hit the acceptable limit by opening.  Those who didn't want the vaccine then up to them. 

It is inevitable that everyone will get COVID.  I got infected with it (vaccinated as well) and it hit me hard in the lungs.  Glad I had the vaccines to mitigate the symptoms and possibly save my life.  It's not like a regular flu.  But, we need to accept to live with the gift from Wuhan virus.  

If the government keep closing things back down because of outbreaks, they are just delaying the inevitable.  And with most people vaccinated it means those vaccinated are much less likely to need hospitalisation and overwhelming hospital capacities.  

Keeping the bars perpetually closed is also blatantly unfair, when there are certain premises being allowed to run, that lots of people know about, where those owners are making many thousands of Baht profits a day and everyone else getting nothing, going broke and suicidal from financial stress, or being fined and jailed if they try to do the same.  

• Like 2

More questions than answers at this stage:

What documents are going to be required? COE, Insurance?

Who pays for the test on arrival?

Are transit flights allowed?

What about babies and children who cannot get vaccinated? Do they need to quarantine? - This is a big one 

What happens if someone tests positive?

If they want families and traditional travel agent type tourists back then they'll need to remove all the impediments that currently exist, not just quarantine.

Sincerely 

MORRIS.

Bronze Medal, 1984 LA Olympics 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Reversing or turning left and right from the reopening decision was not an option. They needed to deal with it and were ready to do so.

He said he was in control the first time around... didn't work out so well then.

1 minute ago, saintbangkok said:

It is quite clear to anyone with a brain cell that this is nothing to do with Virus risks and everything to do with social control and eradicating nightlife forever. If you have doubts, kindly explain why markets, BTS and trucks rammed full with labour workers have no need for the upmost care? Why is it ONLY bars cause spikes LOL. Wake up people. 

I have a brain cell yet i do not agree with your comment . Keep the bars closed until they have 80 percent of the population vaccinated .

Workers making a living for there families  crammed on a truck is a better calculated risk than a bar full of hot air to put it politely.

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Everyone needed to work together but he conceded that the opening of Thailand's nightlife was a question that needed the utmost care as people congregated close together presenting a high risk of infection. 

Exactly, what I expected…

Now every looser feels obliged to add his 2 cents of worthless babble, just to get his 30 seconds of attention by TV and press.

Phiphat, Anutin, NGOs like Rural Doctors, self proclaimed experts from Chulalongkorn, … and the list goes on.

Especially those „experts“, proclaiming to know, what NOT to do, instead of describing workable ways, how to move FORWARD.

13 minutes ago, saintbangkok said:

It is quite clear to anyone with a brain cell that this is nothing to do with Virus risks and everything to do with social control and eradicating nightlife forever. If you have doubts, kindly explain why markets, BTS and trucks rammed full with labour workers have no need for the upmost care? Why is it ONLY bars cause spikes LOL. Wake up people. 

You forgot the 100‘s of millions spent …

Not unlikely, the most successful marketing strategy ever !

1 hour ago, gungadin1 said:

Couldn't be a worse time to open the bars.Will be packed around Christmas.Better off waiting till high season over

Sorry but there is no high season, there wasn't one this year, there wasn't one last year, nor the year before. there will be none next year. Of course you could have been joking when you mentioned it....:wink:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SooKee said:

Meanwhile, Thailand is ready to receive all the tee-total billionaire boring gits with zero interest in partying or having fun of any type.  Both of them have booked already, though one said he might cancel.

The other one said he might change his mind.????

Edited by Gandtee
spelling
  • Like 1