Anutin: He's "ready" for Thailand reopening but pubs and bars have to be reopened with utmost care

webfact

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is there any valid scientific evidence relating Covid-19 to alcohol? The authorities ban alcohol because it emboldens people to fight and reject stupid and unjust laws. 90% of tourists enjoy clubs, bars, entertainment and nightlife. Thailand without these is not attractive. More countries offer more freedom and more fun including Bahrain and Dubai, Mexico  Europe etc etc. These leaders think that stifling authoritarianism is the norm. It's not.

Smoking worries me more than alcohol. Tons of people are walking around with masks up blowing smoke everywhere. Surely this must spread disease? People just drinking don't blow fumes around.

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

This Guy is the last person who I'd trust with any guidance opening up Thailand.

To bad he didn't a bad case of COVID-19 early.

What about the other Chuckle Brother? He's even worse.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

A very interesting conclusion, but you're wasting your time by posting original source information for followers of The Science ™.  An important part of following The Science ™ is to first already agree with whatever conclusions have been reached.  If the conclusion does not agree with something they previously read on the internet, then it isn't The Science ™.

You got me! I never hit the idea, it was a Trademark. Up to now, I always thought about sectarians and their dogmas …

However, if you apply the old rule for criminologists: „Follow the money“, you might be spot on. Especially, if you see, how many billions were flowing into certain joint preparation meetings, advisory boards, NGOs, universities, the press (alone BBC got more than 300 million…) and also from whom since ~ 2016. to set up The Science ™️ .
Comparing that with their parallel investments (even so late as October 2019) into companies, whose shares and sales skyrocketed later -  might give at least a few people a hint, why The Science™️ would be more than useful.

????

Edited by Bernietravelling

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What do you expect from a bunch of tinpot soldiers. The unelected DWP not a general, may be spouting off the nonsense, but on whose orders? The tinpot unelected PM.

another case of The Chuckle Brothers in action. ???? 

We'll never know as to whose orders. 

On 10/13/2021 at 4:43 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Not supposed to be

I am sure that your daughter could do a good job of running Thailand .

Perhaps your daughter could of continued the continuation of the tourist industry after the start of the covid 19 pandemic .

Some how I do believe that would of been impossible for her and  who ever was at the helm . 

Closing borders to stop who? 

A few desperadoes wanting to return to Thailand is all that was feasible and still is . 

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

I am sure that your daughter could do a good job of running Thailand .

Perhaps your daughter could of continued the continuation of the tourist industry after the start of the covid 19 pandemic .

Some how I do believe that would of been impossible for her and  who ever was at the helm . 

Closing borders to stop who? 

A few desperadoes wanting to return to Thailand is all that was feasible and still is . 

No she just could have ordered more vaccines to begin with, that would have been enough. That's what she told me anyway.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

What planet do you live on?

More keyboard diahrea from the man who knows it all but won't book a ticket back to the land of perfection.

How can you put protocols in place for nana plaza, soi cowboy, patpong, walking st, lk metro and bangla road.

Their whole reason for existing is close contact entertainment.

As usual you miss out the bit about closing down again if their is spikes in cases.

If you confirmed or proved you were on one of the first planes back then you might get a bit of respect on this forum.

Diarrhea. You’re welcome.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

No she just could have ordered more vaccines to begin with, that would have been enough. That's what she told me anyway.

Yes, many countries sat back on ordering vaccines. Australia being one of them. 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Devils always in the details. How can anyone truly make plans when the situation according to Anutin could be dependent upon the situation.....argh

To paraphrase an old song, "Just Dropped In (To See What Situation My Situation Was In). 

On 10/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, SooKee said:

Meanwhile, Thailand is ready to receive all the tee-total billionaire boring gits with zero interest in partying or having fun of any type.  Both of them have booked already, though one said he might cancel.

I can see a growing market in health clubs, spas, natural healing camps, but nudists camps will not be allowed 

On 10/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

The Bars in Pattaya were dying on their feet pre Covid even during the high season, there is a very limited number of expats living in Pattaya now so there won’t be a sudden return too the bars when they reopen.

Common sense, have them open now and get things working so that when people start arriving in numbers there won't be any "chaos". 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, lodstewart said:

Los .........The Land of Smiles, what the F*** do they smile about ?

The biggest worry I have is for my Thai family and all Thai people who well maybe kicked off their street vendor business, market traders, may be swallowed up by Chinese investments, Bars shutdown may never recover, look forward to sitting in socially distanced beech chairs and sipping coffee 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rott said:

Common sense, have them open now and get things working so that when people start arriving in numbers there won't be any "chaos". 

It’s the general  consensus amongst every bar owner I have ever known that you never make money just tick over. Every time I saw a new Falung open a bar with a new idea, the opening night was huge then back to ticking over. But your right there has been a drop in patronage, maybe because the shear number of Bars has increased, soi 80 Huahin started a few years ago with a few good bars then a few years later the     Whole soi was  converted into bars, more sois followed suite. 
Same going for anyone opening a new food stall with a new Idea, tomorrow ten more will copy and open around you.

Thats just a sign of how difficult earning a living these days is.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, GeorgeCross said:

lol tell that to those waiting for the pubs to open ????

its gonna be carnage when they finally reopen

Will it be with the same utmost care as the bars and pubs where the third wave started? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall reading in the "Thailand news media" the third wave was started by government officials mingling with prostitutes in the Thong lo (spelling?) area.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, jaiyen said:

Thailand is getting about 10,000 new cases every day and Anutin and the PM think it is ready to open up to tourists ! Western Australia has 0, yes, ZERO, and we are not open for tourists.  I know where I want to stay.

Pathetic statement. Australia has really c**ked up the way that covid has been handled. You cant lockdown forever. As soon as you open then you will get Covid in the country, its as simple as that. If Australia wishes to be locked down forever thats their choice. All a zero Covid policy has done is to delay the inevitable and put Australia months even years behind everyone else. They will come to regret this policy, mark my words.

Edited by jimn

8 minutes ago, kevc said:

So everyone take a chance book now and celebrate New Year with a nice cup of tea.

It's only the bars in places such as Bangkok, Pattaya etc that they wanna screw. Many places have no issue.

Pic from couple weekends back.

Screenshot_20211001-193129~2.jpg