Anutin: He's "ready" for Thailand reopening but pubs and bars have to be reopened with utmost care

webfact

I think as in the UK, there is a massive difference in going to the pub for a beer with, or meeting some mates enjoying social interaction/bantering or going to a club  with the sole intention of getting wasted, meeting members of the opposite sex and parting to the early hours. Possibly do less of the latter the older we get but the risks of contracting colds, flu or Covid will be far less in an outside open bar than an enclosed club with sealed aircon. That's proven fact not guesswork so surely a soft opening as they did in the UK would be the way forward. Easy to monitor and regulate and to be fair, would satisfy a very large majority or ex-pats and tourists alike especially if it meant there was more likelihood of everything remaining open until Covid was under control enough to open the night clubs...

One of the biggest concerns to most of the bar owners still forced to pay the draconian Key money upfront just so they can open the bar, only to find it all shutdown again in a month or two..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, saintbangkok said:

Explain these facts. Show we where it is proven that labour workers on trucks need the income more than people in bars or people in work related to alcohol?

You just need to use a little imagination . 

Just now, saintbangkok said:

Ah I see, so not a fact then, just your feelings and opinion without any substance to back it up. Thought as much.

Please, you have no imagination . Lets make it simple , Priorities are  the key

he may have trouble as there is a world shortage of pilots now as so many took early retirement ,thats all is  left is young trainees

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-10/u-k-pilot-shortage-threatens-travel-rebound-telegraph-reports

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

he may have trouble as there is a world shortage of pilots now as so many took early retirement ,thats all is  left is young trainees

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-10/u-k-pilot-shortage-threatens-travel-rebound-telegraph-reports

Shortages where ever one turns there head at the present time all over the world .

16 minutes ago, itsari said:

No no no. You stated it was a fact, so you thus must have proof. I suspect you have been rumbled and are now found wanting. Your viewpoints and the way you claim your opinion as a fact is very childish. I think you realise that now. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, itsari said:

Whose priorities? The people you immagine to be hardest hit, as opposed to the hardest hit? 

Edited by saintbangkok
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do not see many true tourists coming if the Puds and Bars along with night life are not open.  My Daughter and Husband what to come to see us as we 78 and not in good health.   But if they were true tourists they would be going to some place else that's for sure.

Edited by Dickp
spelling error and word left out

A lot of people don't need the bar drama. In fact, if that's where you're looking for your next date you're a dinosaur.

I could easily enjoy weeks, months on end with my wife or if not married even alone puttering about the Andaman camping and snorkeling. Pack a couple of liters of scotch with the kit and yer good to go.

It's the CoE, tests, paperwork, blah  blah blah I object to.

Bars lol. Loserville.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, saintbangkok said:

It is always safe to completely disregard any post that ignores the points made and instead just mocks. 

The "points" made were just a regurgitation of alt right nonsense and not worth commenting on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintbangkok said:

Says you. Without having a clue about anything.

I can go onto infowars.com and "learn" everything that you think you know. I have access to all the conspiracy websites and have enough critical thinking skills to determine they are nonsense.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

It is always safe to completely disregard any post that has "wake up people" in it. 

Local care home has 20 coronavirus cases.

Resident's double jabbed but not compulsory for care staff to get vaccinated.

The poster and his friends have a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Thailand is getting about 10,000 new cases every day and Anutin and the PM think it is ready to open up to tourists ! Western Australia has 0, yes, ZERO, and we are not open for tourists.  I know where I want to stay.

.... and so do I and a few others - but not many, I'll admit.

PS: Oops -just realised that I replied to a post three pages old.

Edited by London Lowf
Timing error.