Anutin: He's "ready" for Thailand reopening but pubs and bars have to be reopened with utmost care

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But he didn't rule out closing the country again when pressed on the matter saying that it "depended on the situation whether the country was opened up or not".

It's out of his control really, if there's a huge spread of COVID during the yearly respiratory virus season in Europe and the US then nothing's opening up, anywhere.

Lets not forget this is the first winter where this slightly more infectious 'delta' version is circulating, that's going to be interesting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pressed on whether the health ministry was ready and comments by the PM about the threat of new strains and spikes in infections he said it was time to reopen and then deal with the consequences.

De Ja Vue me thinks 

" Its Ok for people to travel over Songkran, and we will have to deal with the consequences later "

And just look at what the consequences were, and the Government is still trying to deal with it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have a brain cell yet i do not agree with your comment . Keep the bars closed until they have 80 percent of the population vaccinated .

Workers making a living for there families  crammed on a truck is a better calculated risk than a bar full of hot air to put it politely.

LOL. There is no getting through to some. A crammed truck is better. LOL. 

25 minutes ago, itsari said:

Keep travelling Bernie

I do !
You can be sure !

Thailand has roughly 550,000 deaths annually, that’s for 21 months nearly 1 million (exactly 962,500).

Did that number hinder me before, to visit Thailand? - No !

Now we have had around 17,900 Covid deaths - that’s a mere 1.86 % of all deaths.

So: Yes! Thailand, here I come !

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, Bernietravelling said:

for example, because of this study:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34591202/

The link does not explain why my statement should be considered wrong . 

What is being found is that less people are being admitted to hospitals around the world because of covid 19 due to the vaccination programme's that have reached the majority of the population, Thailand has a long way to go .

End result being less deaths as a bonus .

Opening bars is a unnecessary addition to the fight against further infections while the vaccination of at least 70 percent of the population is carried out .

• Like 1

Thailand would be infinitely more stable, if they locked up both Prayuth and Anutin, or just prevented them from EVER speaking to the press. They are really bad news.

First of all, neither of them have any credibility remaining. Secondly, they lack any specifics and will say anything and everything without knowing anything. And thirdly, they are both despised by 99% of Thais, expats and tourists. Just shut up the imbeciles. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, saintbangkok said:

LOL. There is no getting through to some. A crammed truck is better. LOL. 

Not much chance of you jerking your brain cell to realise that people on the truck need income to support there family .

6 minutes ago, Bernietravelling said:

I do !
You can be sure !

Thailand has roughly 550,000 deaths annually, that’s for 21 months nearly 1 million (exactly 962,500).

Did that number hinder me before, to visit Thailand? - No !

Now we have had around 17,900 Covid deaths - that’s a mere 1.86 % of all deaths.

So: Yes! Thailand, here I come !

Not too fast, there's still a curfew on in Bangkok......................

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand would be infinitely more stable, if they locked up both Prayuth and Anutin, or just prevented them from EVER speaking to the press. They are really bad news.

First of all, neither of them have any credibility remaining. Secondly, they lack any specifics and will say anything and everything without knowing anything. And thirdly, they are both despised by 99% of Thais, expats and tourists. Just shut up the imbeciles. 

How can you blame Prayuth or Anutin for the present situation . ? 

It would not matter who was in control of Thailand concerning the outcome of  the covid 19 pandemic . 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, itsari said:

The link does not explain why my statement should be considered wrong . 

What is being found is that less people are being admitted to hospitals around the world because of covid 19 due to the vaccination programme's that have reached the majority of the population, Thailand has a long way to go .

End result being less deaths as a bonus .

Opening bars is a unnecessary addition to the fight against further infections while the vaccination of at least 70 percent of the population is carried out .

Read out of it, what you want…

„Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States“

… that study more or less says, that your initial demand

get first 80% vaccinated, before opening the bars

is nonsense, as you were told. The 80% vaccination rate would not lower possible increase in infection…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, saintbangkok said:

Not much chance of you jerking your brain cell to realise that people in the bars need income to support there family .

Quite true , but i think the souls in the trucks are more in need 

1 hour ago, maddermax said:

They should allow the restaurants to fully open with booze as the numbers and seating arrangements can be controlled. If that works, then progress to the bars. This will be a form of gradual opening taking it a little at a time.

Impractical really... staff certainly do not want to be turning folks away or reseating them away from friends. Some places I use tables  are outside and  well spread apart, and should be fine. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I cannot believe you just said that. Huh? Really? 

Prior to announcing the construction sites clusters will be closed, would it not have made sense to have had a plan in place, to deal with the workers, test them, and determine how many needed to be quarantined? 

What kind of defective, intellectually incapacitated leadership makes a plan like this due to Covid infections, and then makes no provisions to lock down the sites long enough to determine who is infected? And then allow thousands of super spreaders to exit Bangkok, and travel throughout the nation? 

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this latest wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and later locking down Bangkok, as you creeps promised you would. Just another failure to uphold any and all promised you make. Your word is about as good as the word of a snake oil salesman, in Tombstone, in 1872. 

And we don't even need to discuss the total vaccination failure and debacle. 

Are they deliberately trying to sabotage any chances of recovery? Or, are they really and truly this inept, and this unable to lead, effectively? If the latter is true, Prayuth and Anutin are the two most dangerous people in Thailand right now. 

Please quote a citizen of Thailand that would of done things better ?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, adam1 said:

I went to the driving range in the evening and took a beer from 7/11....   Felt a bit guilty putting it on the table...as everyone else was drinking coffee...   Except they weren't, they were drinking beer out of plastic cups, served by the Thai shopkeepers at the range who would come out and fill the beakers at regular intervals.   The range is owned by local bigwigs.  Everyone knows what is going on. It's the same in bars and restos now.  This is why I don't fear the alcohol ban being lifted. People are already drinking together. Everyone knows it, and if you don't, well, you're not really on the ball. 

Very true sir. There are lots of places open and selling booze still. There is zero logicv to singling out bars, they do it simply because they can and feel it makes them look clever. The fact is, there have been plenty of cases in markets yet they are allowed to open again after 3 days or cleaning. There is no logical or scientific rerason to single out bars, end of. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

What's the difference between a 'pub' and a'bar'.

Pub is an abbreviation for a public house where it was expected to have a place to overnight . 

A bar never had that stipulation .