Any petrol lawn mower recommandation?

KurtCB

I bought a cheap electic lawn mower about 1,5 years ago. Well, that was a stupid investment.

The cable drove me crazy, especially since my lawn is not one big area but goes around the house. It was overheating quickly, I could never finish the job all at once but had to let the mower cooling down. Furthermore, the 35 Liter grass Box was too small. It was a EUROE ELM1500 1500W ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER (Link).

Thankfully, it went on the fritz yesterday so now I have to buy a new mower ????

This time I want a petrol one. Thing is, I don't know anything about petrol mowers and would like to get some opinions before buying.

The lawn is about 200 square meters. A quick search on Homepro led me to this mower: GASOLINE LAWN MOWER HYUNDAI HGLM-18 7.5HP (Link)

Will it do the job? Are Hyundai Mowers any good? Any other recommendations in this price class (please not more than THB 20,000)?

THANK YOU!

It depends on whether you need to collect the grass or leave it lie and if you want to push it or self propelled.

It may also matter on where you live.

https://www.desertcart.co.th/products/60051189-honda-hrg-466-pk-petrol-4-wheel-push-mower-18

This is an import from the UK but it will give you an idea of what can be available.

https://powerproducts.honda.th.com/dcs-wbs/product-display.action?product.productId=17760260&pageId=491520

This model is 3 speed self propelled with a Grass Bag capacity of 70 Ltr.

I am sorry but this is the best I can do as my internet connection is playing up.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

I can recommend the Makita Brand. Many service centers around. The engines are American Briggs and Stratton. Had mine for 10 years now. I have the self propelling model (16,500 baht) that doesn't seem to be available on the website link anymore. Solid and reliable. Would buy again.

https://www.makita.co.th/Products?CatId3=183

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys for all your opinions!

I eventually went for the Hyundai. Yesterday I used it for the first time.

It's not a high end mower and not even self propelled but compared to my old electric mower it's simply a delight to work with it!

• Like 1

I have a Bison 115 cc, Honda copy engine and after adjusting the spark plug, cleaning the fuel system, tank, hose and carbie it works OK. Plastic base is a problem but it does the job now that I only mow a flat lawn. 6500 baht from Global House but I would never purchase another Bison, anything.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 7:13 PM, kickstart said:

I would say if it has a Honda engine on it should be ok ,just make sure  it is not a Chines copy .

That Hyundai will do the job a 7.5hp engine will have all the power you will ever need ,coming from South Korea it should be of good quality.

Yes if it has a Honda motor it's best. Problem is how can you tell if it's not a Chinese copy? What do you look for? Thanks

9 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Yes if it has a Honda motor it's best. Problem is how can you tell if it's not a Chinese copy? What do you look for? Thanks

First thing would be the cost ,with grass strimmers ,my locale shop  that sell cattle feed ,drugs etc ,and genuine Honda strimmers about 8500-9000 baht ,my local Sunday market guy, where I by strimmer blades has a Chines copy 4500-5000 baht.

Mowers would be the same . if it is cheap ,not genuine, look at the guarantee card instruction manual should have Honda wrote all over it. 

bbko  got one from Lazada that looks  genuine billd766 gave a link to one ,note the modal numbers they can not be that many Honda, mowers in Thailand, see if the likes of Home Pro etc sell them,or buy on line.