Can Thailand beat Malaysia and Singapore in the race to lure wealthy foreigners?

webfact

17 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

People making huge amounts of money from trading (assuming that even lasts) are not paid monthly as immigration absolutely demands to the day! They are paid quarterly, annually possible 3 5 10 years out on investments. -

all other things aside, most of which I agree with, I don't think the above is an issue for Thailand. The retirement extension based on income requires a monthly deposit from abroad, it does not require that it is from a monthly income. Even though I have a monthly income from my pension, social security and rentals, Such income is deposited in my US accounts,   I transfer every month sufficient funds  for our expenses in Thailand which for most people should be sufficiently high  for their  visa extensions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

It might attract some of the ones who got their money from reasons other than being smart, but those  will not be wealthy for long anyway, because you know what they say about fools and their money.

Indeed, this is all a new quick money grab scheme then get rid of us at the first chance they get. Thai style.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

Visa is for five years because they just want their money to help Thailand recover from the pandemic and then they would like them to leave.

Five years is long enough for most people - few stay beyond that 

• Like 1

Just now, MrMo said:

I recall the question posed to farangs on arrival to Thailand forty years back.
How do you become a millionaire in Thailand ?

Come with many million !

Sounds better when using the phrase 'making a small fortune' starting with a big one. 

• Like 1