PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

12 minutes ago, ed strong said:

I must be special, was really quick approval (my application was 90% saying I will be no burden on Australia as have finances and medical insurance and have no compelling reason to come back anytime soon)

Screenshot_20211014-174115_Outlook.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

2 minutes ago, JayBird said:

What happens if you get contaminated on the plane and test positive on arrival?

What happens if you get contaminated in your home city? I'll be positive for covid and 14 days later I'll be back in my condo after the insurance pays all asymptomatic hospital/hospitel costs.

And my PS4 I bought for the 14 nights ASQ will be worth its weight in gold ????

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I must be special, was really quick approval 

Screenshot_20211014-174115_Outlook.jpg

Well done.

Compelling reasons do not include a holiday. For the average aged aussie man looking for a holiday you would be unable to leave the country. Seems a bit harsh imo.

5 hours ago, Nino3 said:

Has there been any direct discussion regarding children that are yet to be approved to receive the vaccine? As they may not be approved prior to November 1, then they shall be required to quarantine?

Under 6. No quarantine apparently. Same as Phuket Domestic sandbox.

My 4th wife will come with our grandchildren on Christmas day all going well.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Edited by KhunMorris

I'll make the usual comment; we will get some returning expats and some business people.  Tourists, apart from a few who haven't done their homework, won't come in any numbers until the bars are open.

Tourists may say that they come for the Wat's and the beaches.  Tourists lie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Three stipulations for visitors will be having had two jabs of vaccine, RT-PCR tests before and after arrival

6 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I have an approved exemption to leave issued last week (valid for 3 months)

Unrelated but ….3 months ???!!!! They even regulate how much time you are “granted” Wow….I am afraid that I have a name for that but it is not democracy 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, doctormann said:

It's the RT-PCR test on arrival that is likely to put people off coming.  Fail that test and you are in a world of hurt.

Surely unnecessary anyway if you are vaccinated and have a negative test on departure.

I agree 100%. in Europe we're able to travel arround without Test (if vaccinated) and it works! I will travel to Thailand only when I can do it without test. Exeption could be using saliva or blood test.

11 minutes ago, alyx said:

Unrelated but ….3 months ???!!!! They even regulate how much time you are “granted” Wow….I am afraid that I have a name for that but it is not democracy 

3 month to leave. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Dominica, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Uruguay, Barbados, China and Croatia.

I am puzzled by the list: Andorra and San Marino ??? But Andorra is  in the middle of France and Spain whereas the latter is in Italy 

both have no frontiers regulation s

Quite easy to say ( prove) that one has spent a fortnight there,, not to mention that flights depart from Paris Francfort Copenhagen accessible to Eu travellers without any restrictions 

Hang on to your hats guy and gals for the next big wave of infections once they allow free movement for every body inside Thailand. A CHRISTMAS PRESENT THAT KEEPS GIVING. It came from you know where north of the boarder it can be found for it has a great wall. And that is not the one south of the boarder down Mexico way.

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

They  still wont come with that <deleted>

After hearing horror stories about botched results leading to hospital stays this is stopping me going.

The PCR test is better than lateral flow tests  but still not 100% accurate.

No chance am i taking that risk although thousands of others will i've no doubt and good luck to them.

17 minutes ago, alyx said:

555 sorry 

Admit it could be read either way but it does make more sense 

Thanks for the reply 

Yeah, once they grant the exemption they specifically say they don't care what flight you take within the next 3 months. I just realised it doesn't say what country I'm traveling to either so maybe I don't need to fly to Thailand unless they drop the covid insurance and PCR test lol

3 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I have trouble understanding how you can test negative for CV, board a plane for an 8 hour flight and then be positive when tested in Thailand. Are the tests that unreliable? This is a deal breaker for me. 

Sometimes it can take a few days for covid to show up on results, therefore it may not show up on your pre-departure test but possibly on your arrival test.

This is why i am not going.

*This is not made up rubbish, it is from a professional.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They reported that the PM no longer wants to wait for virus numbers in Thailand top come down or for enough people in the country to be vaccinated. 

A failure to recognize the truth always ends well...

Good luck with that. =\

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

And insurance that will refuse to pay off if too many claims come in, as seen yesterday.

Hadn't heard about insurance companies refusing to pay claims, can you point me in the direction to have a read of it please...

People who are going to take the gamble with the test on arrival would surely not go after reading insurance horror stories.

3 minutes ago, Ty Hareways said:

Hadn't heard about insurance companies refusing to pay claims, can you point me in the direction to have a read of it please...

People who are going to take the gamble with the test on arrival would surely not go after reading insurance horror stories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Speak for yourself as I'll be there asap if all I need is PCR test on departure and arrival 

I have no idea how they will make the PCR on arrival work effectively

Scenario

You are on a flight that is BKK bound, and upon landing , ( i guess this is where the test happens ) one of the passengers has proved positive.

Will the test take just 5 Minutes or 2 days to get a result.

The positive passenger has left the Airport, and infected half of BKK in 24 Hours

How do you then round up the other passengers, or will they just roam free to possible infect the entire nation.

This is a total load of Bo@@%$ks

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am missing Liechtenstein and Vaticancity on the list as Swaziland an Solomons Islands and so on... all countries with no so much Covid

I want to go diving: don't forget Micronesia with 1 case

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I have no idea how they will make the PCR on arrival work effectively

Scenario

You are on a flight that is BKK bound, and upon landing , ( i guess this is where the test happens ) one of the passengers has proved positive.

Will the test take just 5 Minutes or 2 days to get a result.

The positive passenger has left the Airport, and infected half of BKK in 24 Hours

How do you then round up the other passengers, or will they just roam free to possible infect the entire nation.

This is a total load of Bo@@%$ks

1st night is ASQ 

Edited by madmen

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

He must be hopeful of attracting wine drinkers in the desperate clamber for cash ????

Only if they drink at home.  Alcohol sales in restaurants and the opening of other entertainment venues that serve alcohol, is still 'under consideration for 1st December'!  I very much doubt it will happen, given the latest comments from Anutin and the marked increase in cases in the last few days.

2 hours ago, flyfrog said:

Whats wrong with Belgium?? They dont even have to wear masks and vaccination rate is 90%??? Politics again????

Hat lottery not give Belgium's small piece of paper, Pipat have to take grap and only paper available from 21 happens to be Belgium.

Edited by 2 is 1