PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

6 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Only if they drink at home.  Alcohol sales in restaurants and the opening of other entertainment venues that serve alcohol, is still 'under consideration for 1st December'!  I very much doubt it will happen, given the latest comments from Anutin and the marked increase in cases in the last few days.

If Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia open up and sell alcohol in restaurants,  I'll bet london to a brick on Thailand will announce ' Breaking News "   and allow the selling of alcohol.   Just wait and see ......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I have trouble understanding how you can test negative for CV, board a plane for an 8 hour flight and then be positive when tested in Thailand. Are the tests that unreliable? This is a deal breaker for me. 

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/covid-test-home-rapid-antigen/2021/10/06/id/1039369/

the false positives could be as much as 25%. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

What happens if you get contaminated on the plane and test positive on arrival?

That would not be possible, There is an incubation time about 7 days. So if your flight is shorter than that you can not get a positive result on arrival. But what might happen is the passenger sitting close to you on the plane is tested positive, then you might have some kind of problem. Or you get contaminated some days before you enter the plane and you are the one who potentially gives it to others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im speaking for the majority I reckon

Depends, in part, how much they'll charge for the "on arrival" test.  Also might help if they organized a subsidized baic health insurance plan for foreigners. I don't believe the story about them driving up  big health care bills. I've neen admitted several times and had to pay every time on discharge, even had to borrow a couple g's from my girlfriend when I had a stroke. (Very short term until I was back "home" and could arrange a transfer.)

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Old information, this regulation now well relaxed.

Plus when the regulation was in place there were many reasons to get an exemption and leave. 

i'm in WA and got knocked back last week , probably due somewhat to our fearless leaders  stance 

4 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I have trouble understanding how you can test negative for CV, board a plane for an 8 hour flight and then be positive when tested in Thailand. Are the tests that unreliable? This is a deal breaker for me. 

Not really. When you get exposed to a virus or bacteria, there is an incubation time. Before you test positive or get sick, you carry the Virus, but in so small amounts they are undetectable. Then after a period of time they have multiplied to an amount that is detectable and you test positive. If that time happens during your flight your are very very unlucky. Also different tests has different levels of sensitivity for the threshold when it says you are positive or not. And there is these false positives and negatives. 

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Can you go back in without quarantine? Serious question.

They are trialing home quarantine in 3 States and I understand it will start soon. This is why I kicked my tenants out and will leave my apartment empty.  I'm not planning on coming back for a year though so doesn't really matter.

• Thanks 1

its a puzzling list.uk usa and china together with germany.well uk and germany to start with.if they are qualified due to no. of vaccs administered why arnt france spain portugal malaysia japan taiwan s korea holland belgium etc allowed in?theyve more people vaxed?china...theyre not allowed out till after the winter olympics so....?and by the way their vaccs arnt very effective against the indian variant.....ask all the thais who dont want it!!i feel any one who is vacced twice with a vacc thats effective should be allowed in if theyve a PCR neg. get the ball rolling again  economy wise,obviously the tourism, hotel, restaurant and real estate biz will all breath a sigh of relief but who will come?chinese not till march and euros and usa no  i really dont think many will come,theres many other options available at a cheaper price,people have had a hard time of things economically a lotta places so.....thailands a bad name for rip offs and being difficult too.sing ,malaysia ,camb,vietnam have a chance to steal their thunder and what will be the reaction here when we get a spike which is sure to happen?More mass rabid hysteria,if u open people must be able to eat and drink freely or they wont holiday thats a given so.....

17 minutes ago, Psychic said:

They just pull these countries out of there ***.

Canada has the 2nd highest vaccination rate in the world behind (I think) Portugal.

But the US gets onto the list because of high vax rate?

The US got in the list because a big percentage of tourists to Thailand come from there, If a high percentage of tourist came from Canada, I can guarantee you Canada would be on the list also.

By the time this new proposal gets implemented, if it ever is. more countries will qualify for the list and I am sure Canada will be one of them. 

I looked at the list to see if Greece was in ir, because me and the wife want to go there this April, and sadly Greece was not in the list also. But hopefully by April the covid restrictions situation will have been resolved, and if it is not we can alway fly to the US, stay there a month and then came back to Thailand. 

Anyway , let's see what new proposal will be presented  tomorrow,???? 

7 hours ago, cclub75 said:

And... the (scam) of the special "medical insurance" with "100 00 USD"...

A good and easy money source...

There is a lot of barriers stopping travellers from coming

Honestly, I don't think that it will make a big difference.  I don't KNOW if that's what will happen but it's a feeling that I have.  The added expense, the unexpected problems that can occur, not to mention the problems that each individual country has getting back home.  Many of them require a negative covid test before getting on a plane.  

There is a lot going on here and I just don't see any way that tourism can flourish at even 5-10 percent of what it was.  

Time will tell - but one thing is for sure.  Thailand can and will change their minds repeatedly like a Thai washes their clothes.  Every day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Anyway , let's see what new proposal will be presented  tomorrow,???? 

One thing is for sure - it will be presented in an outlandish way, many questions will remain, and it will be posted here with hundreds of people reading going "What the hell"?

2 hours ago, alyx said:

I am puzzled by the list: Andorra and San Marino ??? But Andorra is  in the middle of France and Spain whereas the latter is in Italy 

both have no frontiers regulation s

Quite easy to say ( prove) that one has spent a fortnight there,, not to mention that flights depart from Paris Francfort Copenhagen accessible to Eu travellers without any restrictions 

I   The list of 27 countries.

I'm lost, Is this list of 27 now official or one of the many throw away comments of the last few days? 

image.png

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

what the hell    !!    just open and give every tourist a free massage at ' Noi's love ' massage 

Can you please ask your 'friend if:

- The list of 10 includes Australia and is it actually/totally/100% sure official?

or

- Is the official/100% sure list the 27 countries as listed in several comments?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eaglekott said:

That would not be possible, There is an incubation time about 7 days. So if your flight is shorter than that you can not get a positive result on arrival. But what might happen is the passenger sitting close to you on the plane is tested positive, then you might have some kind of problem. Or you get contaminated some days before you enter the plane and you are the one who potentially gives it to others.

For Delta it's about four days.

Daily News reported that nationals of up to 27 countries could be allowed to enter Thailand without having to quarantine.

ASEAN NOW has also been told that 20 countries could be on the list.

And it ended up being five.

Looks like "Daily News" and this site need some new sources.

• Like 2