PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

45 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

How?

You are from Australia aren't you?

you aren't even allowed to leave your own country

As already stated.you can but how to get back. Over 40 thousand still stuck OSStill  2 week expensive quarantine on return and still building at least 2 new detention facilities. Forget ozzie tourists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The UK and the US are high risk but also qualify because of the number of vaccinations done in those nations.

bull <deleted> - this is just an excuse not to shut out major tourist sources.

even if only 1% of the population were vaccinated you still can't enter thailand without being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Sweden? ????????

also, as I have mentioned in another thread, what happens if you come with friends or family and have already tested NEGATIVE before your departure but you (just one of your couple or group) test POSITIVE upon arrival? This just cannot work!

Or perhaps one member of the group will break one of their high heels, the end of the world as we know it for the whole group. Perhaps they could all walk with no shoes to show compassion and togetherness.  But I'm sure TAT would give them free flip flops so they can at least walk to the bus. 

Or perhaps if only one tests positive the authorities will just ignore it rather than see tears.

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

without  any test except vaccine cert, 

The problem is even if you been vaccinated.you can still be a carrier . As stays on clothes ect surfaces for a long time.. vaccine is to hopefully stop YOU.getting covid bad ..you can still get it but not hopefully bad enough to die....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Sweden? ????????

also, as I have mentioned in another thread, what happens if you come with friends or family and have already tested NEGATIVE before your departure but you (just one of your couple or group) test POSITIVE upon arrival? This just cannot work!

forget couple or group think of full plane passengers and crew, all go into quarantine (at their own expense), how much would the government make.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Speak for yourself as I'll be there asap if all I need is PCR test on departure and arrival 

the test before departure is a given and at that point if you happen to test positive you are safe in your own country so no big deal

If you test positive on your arrival in Thailand what then ?  - in fact the test in Thailand should be done several days after arrival for it to be of any use 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

How about opening the country up for the local population (Bars, restaurants, entertainment) prior to letting everyone in then many more people may be interested in coming.

they are not ready for that lol

that is pretty much how stupid this is and something I have said many times

If they cannot open up to locals how on earth do they think they are ready for foreign tourists

90% of Pattaya city is shuttered and in darkness with no alcohol in restaurants and a curfew still in place - with the virus raging across the country - it is stupidity beyond comprehension

fully open locally first

• Like 2

for my 2 cents Ireland 90% fully vaxed highest in EU seeing some on that list way down.

most going will be single travellers expats returning, families are unlike to bring there young to a 33% vaxed country.

so pickings will be slim, come jan probably have to incentify travellers COE is a high enough barrier for many that will impact numbers surely they know or are they that thick/stupid

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

they are not ready for that lol

that is pretty much how stupid this is and something I have said many times

If they cannot open up to locals how on earth do they think they are ready for foreign tourists

90% of Pattaya city is shuttered and in darkness with no alcohol in restaurants and a curfew still in place - with the virus raging across the country - it is stupidity beyond comprehension

fully open locally first

90% shuttered??? Pattaya is open but for bars and a beer with a meal. Your from? 

18 minutes ago, Jerno said:

And Canada not on the list despite 82% 12 & older fully vaccinated, 72% total population vaccinated.  While USA less than 60%.  Thanks Pray.nut. U Idi.ot

Im from Norway..we are in the list..what i dont understand is why Sweden..denmark..finland is NOT on the list.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

fully open locally first

Totally spot on !how can they be that moronic?

Is it simply motivated by extreme greed and not wishing to lose face and accept they are over year behind in dealing with Covid and the lucky amulets wont give Thailand pandemic immunity?

• Like 2