PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

16 hours ago, thetravelbee said:

As for latest covid 19 situation updates France has the exact same % of vaccinated people than UK  and much less rates of daily contaminations at the moment. So why doesn't France qualify if the UK does again? 

Pretty sure it will... but I certainly agree and am confused by the daily infections and deaths from Covid in the UK compared to France. 

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pretty sure it will... but I certainly agree and am confused by the daily infections and deaths from Covid in the UK compared to France. 

What's confusing about it? 

The UK tests more so they find more cases.. Or false positives. 

19 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

What's confusing about it? 

The UK tests more so they find more cases.. Or false positives. 

And deaths? Currently about 4x daily in UK.

A false positive RLF test in England is confirmed with a follow up PCR. 

Testing in France is about 50% of that of the UK, which does not explain a 9x daily positive discrepancy. 

Edited by jacko45k

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And deaths? Currently about 4x daily in UK.

A false positive RLF test in England is confirmed with a follow up PCR. 

Testing in France is about 50% of that of the UK, which does not explain a 9x daily positive discrepancy. 

Not sure about your rfl test.. That's a new one on me jacko my friend. 

Does France use rfl tests? 

4 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

Not sure about your rfl test.. That's a new one on me jacko my friend. 

Does France use rfl tests? 

Not sure, I find it hard to find the details... I just wish I could have the poor daily results I see from the UK  explained. I know France used different vaccines too.

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure, I find it hard to find the details... I just wish I could have the poor daily results I see from the UK could be explained. I know France used different vaccines too.

Maybe you mean LFT (lateral flow test)  did you? 

Possibly the UK having almost 3x the population density of France affects things.. Maybe its the cheese. Or the warmer weather.. 

Apples and oranges jacko.. 

Edited by LA8RAT

10 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

Maybe you mean LFT (lateral flow test)  did you? 

Possibly the UK having almost 3x the population density of France affects things.. Maybe its the cheese. Or the warmer weather.. 

Apples and oranges jacko.. 

Referred to as rapid lateral flow tests on the UK website. 

I think the way the UK handled the pandemic was a major failing, as that recent report suggested.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-12/11-key-findings-of-hugely-critical-report-into-governments-handling-of-covid

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Referred to as rapid lateral flow tests on the UK website. 

I think the way the UK handled the pandemic was a major failing, as that recent report suggested.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-12/11-key-findings-of-hugely-critical-report-into-governments-handling-of-covid

So RLFT. 

No doubt the way the UK handled things was poor. Not least letting the ex health Secretary do the enquiry. Strangely he found no fault in preparation for such an event. 

19 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

So if you travel to LOS with a negative rt-pcr ,and a double jabba certificate, then when you leave you suddenly get a positive rt-pcr you  might not be allowed on a plane and in the case of NZ you would  have to go into MIQ, thats if you can get a booking as MIQ is booked out for months at present.

LOS negative rt-pcr double jabba positive rt-pcr NZ MIQ

New dictionary words

On 10/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, webfact said:

The UK and the US are high risk but also qualify because of the number of vaccinations done in those nations.

High number of vaxxes (if they can really be called that) and yet high risk....goes to show how good these jabs are doesn't it.  No logic of "science" involved in this whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Chalong circle said:

"The UK and the US are high risk but also qualify because of the number of vaccinations done in those nations."

But no Portugal where the population vaccinated reach 86% !

New daily record since 20 july in UK.45.000 new cases because of the lack of vaccinated older youths.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Actually Sidney is doing as it should be done.

"from November 1, fully vaccinated travellers to the state will have to test negative before getting on the plane, but would not have to quarantine at all on arrival."

Unlike Thailand who are now saying they want a one day quarantine on arrival while waiting for the test result.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, anthos said:

Who would've expected Moldova to become a leader in pandemic management.

But they make an acceptable (although a bit sweet) apple juice over there. How does this relate to the topic of a list of preferred countries for quarantine free entry ? It does not - but it seems the proposed country selection does not either.

Why not Switzerland on the list ? And why UK with the high number of new cases allowed ? Has anybody by the way answered the question what counts - departure point on the return or passport ? If I go as a German passport holder to Cambodia for a 2 week holiday and want to return to my home adress in Thailand again what applies ? Germany or Cambodia ?

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Moncul said:

They announced this new app this morning to replace COE.

Essentially you will still upload vaccine certs, insurance, etc. to a site, then when they've verified it they will send you an email with a QR code.

It looks as if scanning that code ties your documents to the app which you can then flash on arrival.

I *think* that's how it's going to work, but you decide. It could equally well be a new version of "Red Light, Green Light".  

spacer.png

If that's an app of the same generation as the ThailandPlus app which I have been unable to open, once loaded on my mobile - and I don't think I'm the only one - good luck!

14 hours ago, james1943 said:

Is Canada on the list also? I do not see Canada on the list.

hope not, if so reciprocal...here is Canada's position for a Thai w Sinovac x2:

You indicated that you are:

• a foreign national
  • not coming from the United States
  • not travelling for an exempt reason

You will not be allowed to enter Canada, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19.

Unless you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you cannot enter Canada for optional reasons, such as:

• spending time at a seasonal home or cottage
  • childcare for your relatives
  • a personal or casual visit
  • tourism, fishing, entertainment or leisure

Leave it to CAD mandarins to create an entire industry in such short order, there are probably 1000s employed now on convid related nonsense. What a world

China on the list but not Canada? I guess our flag is too red for Thailand.

USA still has more people dying than Canada, but with its big population,

Thailand only sees the money possibilities.  Yes as always it is about the money.

Geezer

20 hours ago, LA8RAT said:

So RLFT. 

No doubt the way the UK handled things was poor. Not least letting the ex health Secretary do the enquiry. Strangely he found no fault in preparation for such an event. 

YOU typed rfl, I typed RLF test. At least we agree early response in the UK was dismal. Had SKY not gone over to Italy it may have been worse.  

What I want to know now is today, why does the UK report over 7x the number of new infections, and 5x the number of deaths that France does... which is where we came in. 

Edited by jacko45k

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

YOU typed rfl, I typed RLF test. At least we agree early response in the UK was dismal. Had SKY not gone over to Italy it may have been worse.  

What I want to know now is today, why does the UK report over 7x the number of new infections, and 5x the number of deaths that France does... which is where we came in. 

Ye my bad, I mistyped because your r at the start threw me off.. Everyone else just calls them lft s. 

Sky the media company? Not sure what that has to do with anything. 

OK here in the UK we have the government. Boris has no  clue what to do. He gets a bunch of other clowns together and they are sage some panel of clowns who are supposed to advise him.. I believe the s in sage stands for scientific.  Most are behavioural physiologists. A sub group of sage is called spi-b. This is the nudge department. They take millions of pounds of tax money and throw it at terrorising the British public into believing that we are looking at the end of the world. Get your jabs folks. 

Sage all have sidelines dishing out ppe and track n trace (£38 billion and counting) contracts to their mates. Billions of our taxes being trousered. More scare =more money.. 

And you can't  figure out why they are fudging the figures? 

Edited by LA8RAT
  • Like 1