PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

23 minutes ago, smedly said:

The last time you replied to me was to tell me I was talking nonsense and hungry hippo was closed - at the time I was reading the post in ....................................................you guessed it - hungry hippo lol

Pattaya city has been condenced to an area around one 7/11 across from treetown - if you call that open then you obviously don't travel too far from Diana Estate

Well its good to know your Google maps still works!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jerno said:

And Canada not on the list

Has the full list been issued yet......? My recollection was 5 countries had been named and at least 10 would be on it. Just make a bit more noise.... people forget you are there next to your noisy neighbour. 

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The rest of the country is being vaccinated and very efficiently too. They are delivering over 12,000 jabs a day in Sakon Nakhon alone.

Okay! If they are so effective then tell me why I am sitting here at the age of over 50 and still not have a chance to get vaccinated?

At the same time, explain why they only reached from 23 % to 30% in about 2 month but every day media frenzy about how many they vaccinate.

Just take a look! 12 000 per day in a city. Let say 12 000 per day in each province. Counting low, aren´t we? Provinces in Thailand 76, right?

76 x 36 000 = 912 000 shots per day! WOW! If that is what they have been doing the last two months, why not a betting percentage?

That would mean almost 55 million shots in 2 month! Really Wopping, right?

So, according to how well they are doing, it will only be approx. 3 - 3,5 month more and the whole Thailand is vaccinated? Is that what you are saying????

Get a GRIP! Or maybe you were only talking about Nakhon Nowhere, and dreamt up 12k shot, alt. believe the media too much!

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, drenddy said:

And Portugal, with the highest vaccination rate in the EU and incidence rate 87(which is very low), not on the list.

Indeed. Makes you wonder who makes theses lists of green lighted countries.

Edit: Portugal is actually at 88.1% of the population vaccinated now, not 87%. 2nd top Worldwide, with that being said I'm proud to be one of the remaining unvaccinated 11.9%.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Okay! If they are so effective then tell me why I am sitting here at the age of over 50 and still not have a chance to get vaccinated?

At the same time, explain why they only reached from 23 % to 30% in about 2 month but every day media frenzy about how many they vaccinate.

Just take a look! 12 000 per day in a city. Let say 12 000 per day in each province. Counting low, aren´t we? Provinces in Thailand 76, right?

76 x 36 000 = 912 000 shots per day! WOW! If that is what they have been doing the last two months, why not a betting percentage?

That would mean almost 55 million shots in 2 month! Really Wopping, right?

So, according to how well they are doing, it will only be approx. 3 - 3,5 month more and the whole Thailand is vaccinated? Is that what you are saying????

Get a GRIP! Or maybe you were only talking about Nakhon Nowhere, and dreamt up 12k shot, alt. believe the media too much!

The stats for Sakon Nakhon (province not city) are below. Vaccinations now nearly 19,000 per day as of yesterday. Both my wife and I are fully vaxxed and 80% of our village have received at least 1 shot and quite a number have had 2.

Maybe the reason why your still sitting there at aged 50 is because your region are still concentrating on the vulnerable ones. Just a guess.

And please refrain from telling me to 'get a grip' if you don't mind!

Sakon Nakhon stats 13 Oct.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well , what do you think looking at the countries on the list ?

For me it appears to be the big countries , and the others are only names but practically means nothing more ( i mean how many people from Luxembourg or Latvia will visit Thailand in a year ?) .

There are a few logic names on the list but many on that list should not be there .

No worries however , since i guess next list will be 1 month after and again for January , which would certainly include the countries which do have very high vaccination numbers . Can just see how it goes , and maybe if i'm lucky i can go somewhere in Jan .

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

And in particular the mandatory 100k USD COVID insurance prerequisite which, I fear, is unlikely to be going away any time soon as it is proving a nice little money earner for the TGIA membership.

If they drop the COE, who is going to check your insurance documents ? Sure in ell wont be immigration on arrival,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

And... the (scam) of the special "medical insurance" with "100 00 USD"...

A good and easy money source...

And insurance that will refuse to pay off if too many claims come in, as seen yesterday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Metapod said:

Yep, this is a deal breaker. 

1. If you test before, what happens if u test positive? Suddenly you just lost all your flights, hotel bookings, wasted time off work, etc. Plans ruined and money down teh drain. Massive stress even if you test negative. 

2m test positive on arrival? Goodbye holiday. You are now locked up against your will in hospital and stuck with a large bill. You also wasted all your time off work to sit in hospital in a foreign country. 

Thailand will continue to wither economically until they come to their senses in this

TBH if testing is a dealbreaker , then say goodbye to travel for the next few years . I mean , testing will be by far the longest around . I think this is a non issue for most people and the very least of my concern .

If testing and vaccination is the things needed , why bother , i'd say that is as good as it gets . Might not be perfect , but the times aren't perfect .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

How about opening the country up for the local population (Bars, restaurants, entertainment) prior to letting everyone in then many more people may be interested in coming.

That would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Jerno said:

And Canada not on the list despite 82% 12 & older fully vaccinated, 72% total population vaccinated.  While USA less than 60%.  Thanks Pray.nut. U Idi.ot

That is quite shocking, I'm sure the Maple Leaf will be added soon, its easy to forget about the 'frozen north'......

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

90% shuttered??? Pattaya is open but for bars and a beer with a meal. Your from? 

Bars, meals etc is a lot of what people especially Western tourists come to Pattaya looking for. As the largest group (the Chinese) won't be here that will leave a lot of people (the westerners) unhappy. 

And your???? from.? 

Edited by rott

20 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Edit: Portugal is actually at 88.1% of the population vaccinated now, not 87%. 2nd top Worldwide, with that being said I'm proud to be one of the remaining unvaccinated 11.9%.

Are you portuguese?

19 minutes ago, Metapod said:

Yep, this is a deal breaker. 

1. If you test before, what happens if u test positive? Suddenly you just lost all your flights, hotel bookings, wasted time off work, etc. Plans ruined and money down teh drain. Massive stress even if you test negative. 

2m test positive on arrival? Goodbye holiday. You are now locked up against your will in hospital and stuck with a large bill. You also wasted all your time off work to sit in hospital in a foreign country. 

Thailand will continue to wither economically until they come to their senses in this

That is the risk what every traveller must take these days! Dosent matter where you are going, airline's demand you are tested before flight. What happen in destination, well that is up to country where you are going. But surely its not nice to get covid , in Thailand or elsewhere!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rott said:

Bars, meals etc is a lot of what people especially Western tourists come to Pattaya looking for. As the largest group (the Chinese) won't be here that will leave a lot of people (the westerners) unhappy. 

And your???? from.? 

I was responding to a poster who claimed Pattaya was 90% shuttered.Do you agree? I live on Dongtan beach. its busy there too????

• Like 2