Entry after 1 Nov from an unlisted country

Does anyone know where I stand if I want to enter Thailand after 1 Nov from a country that's not on the list of 10 or 27 they've been talking about, or whatever list is eventually published? I had planned to go to India or Sri Lanka and then travel on to Thailand but am getting stressed that I won't be able to do that.

Let's say your departure country isn't on the list. I don't think that means you can't enter Thailand at all, just that there are stricter quarantine / sandbox requirements. Is that right, and if so will the sandbox still be up and running or is it old school quarantine for 14 days, or what?

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

wait until they announce it officially.

Probably quarantine as before.

It's now or never unfortunately, just have to decide whether it's worth the risk.

Did QT come down to 7 days in the end? I had to do 14 days last time. Not the funnest experience but not really that bad.

39 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

Let's say your departure country isn't on the list. I don't think that means you can't enter Thailand at all, just that there are stricter quarantine / sandbox requirements.

The only difference is not having to do a 7 day quarantine if fully vaccinated it from a listed country. If not a listed country you have to do the quarantine.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Let's say your departure country isn't on the list. I don't think that means you can't enter Thailand at all, just that there are stricter quarantine / sandbox requirements. Is that right, and if so will the sandbox still be up and running or is it old school quarantine for 14 days, or what?

You probably can come, but you must visit the Thai embassy in departing country before you plan/book your flights.

Get the paperwork in order and be prepared to undergo quarantine on entry.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You probably can come, but you must visit the Thai embassy in departing country before you plan/book your flights.

Why would he need to visit a embassy?

He just needs a COE that is done online.

Even visas are being done online at many embassies and a trip to the embassy is not needed. There are many embassies and official consulates that are not doing anything in person now due to covid 19 restrictions. If possible it is done by mail now.

Just now, AlexCanada said:

I do not have a German or American passport.  However, will I still be able to skip quarantine if I can show I was in the USA or Germany for over 14 days immediately prior to flying to Thailand?

You will have to await the details which are not yet announced (unless toy are thinking of Phuket Sandbox).  Passport nationality will nto matter but the required time in a country o nthe lsit might be ,onger than 14 days e.g. 21.

• Like 1