• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On another topic.

Ice bar was fun, but too loud.

I must refuse further sojourns to THAT particular bar in Walking Street.

Holding my wife's hand in my anxious fingers while a ladyboy with the shoulders of a linebacker tries to force himself into my lap as the sun (was it realy that late, again?) peeks over the horizon just ain't my favorite night out.

Well it was pretty funny, but the colour of the makeup that said young lady giant splashed my face with was well, wrong in too too many ways. Where were my BM friends during all this, you may rightly ask? My wife and another farang wife are deep in conversation, perhaps unaware of my plight bare inches from where they sit, and my good buddy... does he offer any support? Noooo, he just studies the event with a highly amused look on his face. Not wanting to be rude or enrage the gilded giantess, it took me some time to convey that I was not a fitting partner for the evening. All this with no help from my wife, who now complains that I nearly crushed her hand, or my BM friends who I suspect of egging on my attempted paramour.

I offer this anecdote as a warning to all TVisaers, not to expect help in situations of this ilk.

kdf

Godspeed to Rocco as well.

Terribly sorry that I couldn't make it, work is taking over just a little bit too much of my life right now :o

KDF, your sojourn in walking street remembers me of days gone buy, when some illustrious members (do I recall nicks like Kurgen, Davethailand, maybe even Britmaverick?) tended to make those levely places like Jenny's slightly unsafe :D :D

On another topic.

Holding my wife's hand in my anxious fingers while a ladyboy with the shoulders of a linebacker tries to force himself into my lap as the sun (was it realy that late, again?) peeks over the horizon just ain't my favorite night out.

Well it was pretty funny, but the colour of the makeup that said young lady giant splashed my face with was well, wrong in too too many ways. Where were my BM friends during all this, you may rightly ask? My wife and another farang wife are deep in conversation, perhaps unaware of my plight bare inches from where they sit, and my good buddy... does he offer any support? Noooo, he just studies the event with a highly amused look on his face. Not wanting to be rude or enrage the gilded giantess, it took me some time to convey that I was not a fitting partner for the evening. All this with no help from my wife, who now complains that I nearly crushed her hand, or my BM friends who I suspect of egging on my attempted paramour.

I offer this anecdote as a warning to all TVisaers, not to expect help in situations of this ilk.

kdf

Sorry good buddy we were not aware of your plight. The smile on my face was probably more to do with being very pissed. And well... as for egging anyone on ....certainly not me!

Your decision not to visit this bar again is probably a good one!

begs

On another topic.

kdf

Sorry good buddy we were not aware of your plight. The smile on my face was probably more to do with being very pissed. And well... as for egging anyone on ....certainly not me!

Your decision not to visit this bar again is probably a good one!

begs

So we come back to the next Friday night out. Start with food friendly place that wives and gf can enjoy and then on to someplace else. Maybe start every other one this way?

Someplace else should have some entertainment value as we get more drunk and incapable of real conversation. Maybe one night a (real) girly bar and the next a music/show kind of place.

With wimmin dancing around we might get some of the old regulars back and maybe we can be creative re the alternate Fridays. What about it you pioneers?

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Thanks to Bert for his great hospitality and all my good friends for a memorable night. We will miss you all but all is not lost, we will be back for our Pattaya fix whenever the spirt moves us. :D And remember we are only about 300 km away so our door is always open if you need to get away from the "Fear and Loathing". :o

Thanks to Bert for his great hospitality and all my good friends for a memorable night. We will miss you all but all is not lost, we will be back for our Pattaya fix whenever the spirt moves us. :D And remember we are only about 300 km away so our door is always open if you need to get away from the "Fear and Loathing". :o

I echo that. Bert is fantastic. I will miss RD Rocket and Katae, but as others echo we will be seeing them from time to time. Had a great time as usual.

Barry

Terribly sorry that I couldn't make it, work is taking over just a little bit too much of my life right now :o

KDF, your sojourn in walking street remembers me of days gone buy, when some illustrious members (do I recall nicks like Kurgen, Davethailand, maybe even Britmaverick?) tended to make those levely places like Jenny's slightly unsafe :D :D

Whatever happened to Kurgen ?

Whatever happened to Kurgen ?

Kurgen is living up in Isaan. Ubon area I think. I saw him up in Surin.

Barry

Well, last night wasn't Friday, but a few of us got together at the royal Garden ustairs on the veranda. With the Mayor of Pattaya Khun Niran, and all the dignattaies from City Hall, everyone was ready for a world record attempt from Bali high to send the biggest fireworks rocket into the sky. The show started, realy nice, but when they shot the rocket up it came back down and exploded on the ground causing what felt like an earth quake. A failed attempt. All in all it was a good night out with Rarao and Begs and Mama. We had t6o leave early as our son has final exams this week.

Barry

Well, last night wasn't Friday, but a few of us got together at the royal Garden ustairs on the veranda. With the Mayor of Pattaya Khun Niran, and all the dignattaies from City Hall, everyone was ready for a world record attempt from Bali high to send the biggest fireworks rocket into the sky. The show started, realy nice, but when they shot the rocket up it came back down and exploded on the ground causing what felt like an earth quake. A failed attempt. All in all it was a good night out with Rarao and Begs and Mama. We had t6o leave early as our son has final exams this week.

Barry

Yeh we sat outside a certain coffee shop got some beer and were told could not drink it there. However they said we could drink the beer in one of their mugs...very obliging of them!! :o

begs

Barry

Yeh we sat outside a certain coffee shop got some beer and were told could not drink it there. However they said we could drink the beer in one of their mugs...very obliging of them!! :o

begs

That was a major joke! First they have at the food court the prices for the beer on display and upon check-out the bill is 5% higher. It is actually written in the fineprint on the poster at the entrance. Weho would love that one!

Then you go back to the Starbucks, want to sit down with the beer (NB: Begs, Mama and the wife had coffes and cake!). No beer at starbucks! They wanted to force us to drink beer from warm (!) coffee mugs. Barry and myself took the conequences and were drinking outside at the observation deck.

Glad y'all had fun! I have had similar weird experiences in that place with pricing and territoriality.

Any ideas re Friday? Did ya read my earlier post re Fridays and ideas to get some of the ol' school back?

Any ideas for Thai and/or sea food for first stop?

Why am I asking so many questions?

kdf

Barry

begs

That was a major joke! First they have at the food court the prices for the beer on display and upon check-out the bill is 5% higher. It is actually written in the fineprint on the poster at the entrance. Weho would love that one!

Then you go back to the Starbucks, want to sit down with the beer (NB: Begs, Mama and the wife had coffes and cake!). No beer at starbucks! They wanted to force us to drink beer from warm (!) coffee mugs. Barry and myself took the conequences and were drinking outside at the observation deck.

With my trip to Europe ahead, something really cheap would be great....

we could repeat the trip we had yesterday....starting at the cocktail bus and then this place I don't want to mention here with the 35 Baht beers..I'm sure it would bring back some of the boys....we had excellent tour guides last night.... :o

With my trip to Europe ahead, something really cheap would be great....

we could repeat the trip we had yesterday....starting at the cocktail bus and then this place I don't want to mention here with the 35 Baht beers..I'm sure it would bring back some of the boys....we had excellent tour guides last night.... :o

Ok by me

begs

OK, chaps.

I have been in touch with Keith at Caddy Shack.

The most convenient night for him and for me would be Wednesday 10th October to host a get-together. I know it's not Friday, but the Caddy Shack has other commitments on Fridays.

Any and all who can make it are welcome from -say- 7.00 pm onwards. :o

There will be some bar food for those who have skipped an early evening meal (and for those greedy buggers who just want more). I'll try to get some Thai eats as well for the high-end guests.

Please give me a response within the next week, as I will need to give a rough idea of what to put on the bar. Obviously there will be people who have to change plans at the last minute, so I will not charge anyone who doesn't show. :D:D

The Caddy Shack also does full meals, so anyone who needs a full meal can order there - but I do intend to put on plenty of casual stuff.

Count me and the wife in HB. We wont be staying late as I am driving up to Khon Kaen the following day. As a newbie I am Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys

Jim