Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

If you are coming to the Lion pub for the pissup can you let me know please? If there are more than a few I can let the owner know in advance!

begs

kdf + 1 will try to be there, just need to clear a health issue or 2. So we can only be a maybe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya chaps.

Just about to book a flight. Looking to be in Patters / Jomtien from about the 25th Aug to 15th sept. So that should give me the following fridays:- 31st Aug, 7th and 14th sept.

Are there any plans for any of those dates for a meet up? Although not finalised 100%, Mrs BoJangles will probably be in the boonies, so i can get well and truly smashed without any grief :o

Well mamanoodle rdrocket and myself met at the Lion pub last night. We had a great time as usual.

mamanoodle and I won't be there next Friday 17th as we will be in Chiang Mai for the BBQ.

begs

Sorry we missed last friday. We weren't feeling our best, but we'll be back.

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Hiya chaps.

Just about to book a flight. Looking to be in Patters / Jomtien from about the 25th Aug to 15th sept. So that should give me the following fridays:- 31st Aug, 7th and 14th sept.

Are there any plans for any of those dates for a meet up? Although not finalised 100%, Mrs BoJangles will probably be in the boonies, so i can get well and truly smashed without any grief :o

Flight confirmed now. Any plans for a night out on the above dates guys?

Hiya chaps.

Flight confirmed now. Any plans for a night out on the above dates guys?

Many regular tv friday pissup attendees are going to be out of town this Friday. Some to CM for luscious BAR B QUE! Others to different points of the compass.

So in the normal tradition of the Friday night pissups, someone make a suggestion. I won't be able to be there so can't vote.

Have fun.

kdf

I thought the routine was to meet in Bert's if no venue decided, then head out from there?

As I am in Saudi and haven't even thought of draught Chang, pork chops, unveiled women, cinemas, civilisation or sanity since June. Will see you all in October.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Wan Chi, Chiang Mai can we get organised to meet this friday 25th in Pattaya? Earlier in this thread I suggested the Highlander Soi 10 of Theprasit. If you are not sure where it is, its just round the corner from the Harley and Lion pub :o .

So as usual the meet time is 7p.m. I will be there see you......Or...........

Or perhaps if it is too hard to meet in different bars we should revert to the norm...start at Tropical Berts and move on from there?? :D

Suggestions please........

Begs

I was at my favorite filipina hang out in Wan Chai. Was anyone else there?

Get this Lady drink 220 hk dollars, roughly 1035 baht, yipes!

kdf

I have not been to wan chai for a few years but the new Makati/big apple/neptunes 1 and 2/ etc used to be full of free flips (sunday afternoons was amazing). About 150 HKD was the going rate for lady drinks in the girlie bars and 2000 HKD to take one home. worked there twice and the only time I had a paid-for girl was a prezzie form the lads on my birthday. Mong kok is the place to go, local prices and they are amazed when a westerner turns up!

kdf

I have not been to wan chai for a few years but the new Makati/big apple/neptunes 1 and 2/ etc used to be full of free flips (sunday afternoons was amazing). About 150 HKD was the going rate for lady drinks in the girlie bars and 2000 HKD to take one home. worked there twice and the only time I had a paid-for girl was a prezzie form the lads on my birthday. Mong kok is the place to go, local prices and they are amazed when a westerner turns up!

Well I was obviously in the wrong bar! Absolute stunners, but prices like SF.

Will be back soon and myself and she who runs with scissors will be raring to go. Can you believe $18 us dollars for a JD double?

Don't let the Friday/or whatever nite p/u tradition falter. We will raise a glass of Makers Mark or Laphroiag ( Begs am I spelling it right?) for all you pissers.

miss y'all

kdf and she who runs with sharpened honed steel cutting instruments

kdf

Well I was obviously in the wrong bar! Absolute stunners, but prices like SF.

Will be back soon and myself and she who runs with scissors will be raring to go. Can you believe $18 us dollars for a JD double?

Don't let the Friday/or whatever nite p/u tradition falter. We will raise a glass of Makers Mark or Laphroiag ( Begs am I spelling it right?) for all you pissers.

miss y'all

kdf and she who runs with sharpened honed steel cutting instruments

I never drink whiskey/spirits but a small bottle of carlsberg cost around 7 USD last time I worked there

By the way folks I have just moved to Patts..well the mrs is moving house this week while I am working in India. I will be over 6 weeks today and look forward to meeting a few of you on a friday night piss-up

jim

kdf

Ahhh, Mong Kok - our rugby ground was in the public park on Boundary Road, behind the HK Police sports ground. After practice, or after Saturdaymatches, just cross the road, visit a pub or two and then spend the rest of the evening recovering from all the exertions of the day.

I lived in Village Gardens, Kowloon Tong.

It's the second time I skip the TV Friday night out and started to wonder why this nice tradition is going down the drain by now. Is it the lack of interesting new places? Hard to imagine in Pattaya!

I really enjoyed those days when the other members brought along their partners and we had great evenings all together. For whatever reason, things are not exactly the same anymore. Those members who have Thai wifes or girlfriends do not bring them along anymore and it is becoming just another "boys out". I also have been hinted that it would be better not bringing the wife to places like Noi's Bar as some people might feel disturbed...<deleted>??

Even more disturbing is that regular members who attended our Friday night outs regularly in the past not only stopped doing so after a promotion but also totally blank me when they meet me in a pub by coincidence. I heard from others about similar experiences. If I stepped on anybody's toe, please let me know. I f you just don't like me, fine, I can live with that.

I am still intersted in having those TV Friday Night Outs. It is nice meeting other members of TV who live in and around Pattaya. If I want a boys out, I join one of the bar bashes advertised on other forums.

regards

raro

Raro - although I have only attended one Friday night (and that anonymously/quickly - 'coz the only people there were all puffing away and I avoid that as much as poss) it has seemed to me from the posts that this idea was going downhill.

To me the idea of taking wives / g/fs somewhere where they can chat, we can chat and thus a social night for everyone - is good. They meet other women who have the same problems - all with these crazy farangs - and can compare 'my falang' to 'your falang' and see that there is very little difference between them.

The ambience does not really matter unnless it's an in-your-face bar - and I can give you a list of those :D but wouldn't take my wife there in case too many of the girls come and know my name. :o

I'll be back in October - see if we can meet up and sort it out.

Humps and Raro and anyone else who is interested in meeting up with the wives/GFs in tow. I am in patts from the 5th oct to the 22nd....then 18 days for every 13 weeks worked in kashmir, India, or Pakistan if the locals get their way :o I wouldnt mind swapping a few tales of hong kong with you humps.

To be honest the only reason I have moved to Patts is because I dont think I would have had many visitor's from home if I had bought a place in Khon Kaen (the wifes home city... and bless her she did her best to convince me to buy there) . I have been to patts loads of times and found the expats there a bit offish compared to other places I have lived and worked. But I suppose a vast majority of them only know home and thailand and have never realy mixed in a truly multicultural expat crowd. Having said that..there must be plenty of guy's like me who have worked all over and would be great company over a few beer's. I am looking to hook up with a few of you guys and make some decent mates for the long term

Jim