Can vaccinated people spread the virus? What percentage of the Covid 19 deaths are from older people?

user1047

These two questions seem to be dodged by a lot of people.

As far as I have heard, the vaccine just helps lessen the symptoms, it doesn't stop the spreading of Covid 19. I've also heard that most covid related deaths are from older people. Overweight people, elderly people, people with other health problems definitely need to take the vaccine. 

If this is true, why do people care if I take the vaccine? I'm a healthy, young guy who never gets sick. I know some younger people HAVE died from Covid, but they might also have died from the vaccine or died from the flu as well. Maybe they were just allergic to the spiked proteins or something.

If I was misinformed, please correct me.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Just look at the UK nearly all vaccinated but 41,000 C cases a day. 'nuff said.

And then some try to push the social consciense or responsibility thing which is not scientifically backed.  Singapore had similar large nubmers of covid cases yet still a very large vaccinated company.  Of course, unless one tests everybody, you don't really know how many cases are new, were new, happened but went un reported, etc.

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Good...don't take the vaccine...but limit yourself to no flights, no entry where vaccine proof is required, and shunning by others who know you refuse. Your choice as you like to think.

A valid response and I did just that.  I don't respond to panic situations and don't succumb to irrational things.  No problem. Now instead of me keeping money in the family and paying to my sister, as I have done for 20 years, I pay it elsewhere.  As you say, actions have consequences.  People in houses still go out shopping, go to movies, go to work, and of course get exposed to people that are not vaccinated.  Heck sis even took a flight across the country through crowded dirty airports and.  Yet she is so concerned about me being in the house.  I said she is more of a risk to me than I am to her.  But so be it.  Some people and agencies just want to be in charge, and once they say something they will never go back on it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

A valid response and I did just that.  I don't respond to panic situations and don't succumb to irrational things.  No problem. Now instead of me keeping money in the family and paying to my sister, as I have done for 20 years, I pay it elsewhere.  As you say, actions have consequences.  People in houses still go out shopping, go to movies, go to work, and of course get exposed to people that are not vaccinated.  Heck sis even took a flight across the country through crowded dirty airports and.  Yet she is so concerned about me being in the house.  I said she is more of a risk to me than I am to her.  But so be it.  Some people and agencies just want to be in charge, and once they say something they will never go back on it. 

If you are unvaccinated and sis is fully vaccinated, you are the biggest risk. Not her. Nothing irrational there. Just facts.

As for panic. I'd say some 10 million deaths with many millions more hospitalized, some with long term effects, constitutes a panic situation. Sad some don't understand this. Or don't care.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Just look at the UK nearly all vaccinated but 41,000 C cases a day. 'nuff said.

And this will be the case for a very long time. But, without the vaccines, the number would be drastically higher. Drastically.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Errata, I have since recently got vaccinated with the Johnson vaccine.  As a Federal contractor it is basically now mandated, and traveling internationally it is almost a requirement or will be and is likely to be for some time.  I will take the 200k USD I will make in the next ten months and get on with things.  I already had COVID back in early 2020 before vaccines were coming around.  had mild mild symptoms, fever for a day, and that was that.  I don't like RNA things and i saw the risk reward, pros and cons of JJ vaccine acceptable, even while disgusted at mandates for work and livlihood, yet not for all US people. Post workers exempt for example, and I think the courts will uphold many other objections.  Anyway,  I am fit, no underlying conditions, not obese, not on any medications, have not been hospitalized, etc.  My family is very long lived with several living into the 90s, none dying before 85.  Thank my Greek Spartan ancestors I guess.  I don't smoke, Never did drugs.  Was above all american in athletics and martial arts (tae kwon do).   I eat well.  Ran a 5 minute mile at age 47 and I was not training that hard or long for it. That was as fas as I ran in high school!

While an engineer and I work on complex problems, I do not fret over them or worry too much.I made sure after my first trip to Thailand in 2004 that I would invest and save enough to retire at any time, and that makes work fun as I smile and know inside that if this becomes too much BS, I can leave.

As an ex Air Force Captain, who once worked on top level stuff, none of work is too much stress to me.  Try having to brief the two star DO at Air Force Space Command that his guys did a poor job of training and using friendly missile launches for type testing.  Try answering your phone, and it is the congressman from Maine demanding the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) for the OTH-B radar by the end of the week and then being told your career was on the line if it was not delivered.  And yet, not really having the authority to get it delivered, just the responsibility!  Get past that and keep all your hair, and at 64 1/2 and able to retire, I am less than 20 % grey hair.  Oh and not to mention once being broke, jobless, and homeless.  

All in all, history will decide how this current stuff

• Sad 1

All of the vaccines help to prevent people getting infected in the first place. Some better than others. If someone who has been vaccinated has a breakthrough infection, they are more likely to be asymptomatic and highly unlikely to get seriously ill. Asymptomatic people can still spread the virus, but at lower rate than those with symptoms. So people who have been vaccinated (or have already had it) can still catch it and spread it, but to a much lesser extent than someone who hasn't. 

Testing does help to pick up asymptomatic cases, and if people then isolate, that also helps reduce further transmission. However, people are infectious for several days before they test positive and before they develop symptoms, so it still won't prevent it entirely.

Every one of these reduced risks reduces transmission. Every time someone catches COVID, there in an opportunity for a new, more deadly variant to develop. So even if we can't completely stop transmission yet, the more we can do to limit it, the better for everyone.

• Like 2

Vaccinated people can get the covid virus - BUT if you are vaxed with good vax, you will normally fight down the cowid in a short time and in many cases you will even not get the covid virus working inside you before the vax have fighted down the virus. That means vaxed people will only carry the virus a short time and that is the point about the hole vax program, do not spread the virus, with good vaccine, in worst case, you will only have a short time to spread the virus.

• Like 1