Thai women conned into selling sex in Bahrain - woman arrested

webfact

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There are certain countries that might be suspect - think about it. I could figure it out quite easily, many upcountry Thai are not as worldly.. 

There are some destinations (e.g. Japan, Hong Kong), where it is difficult for Thai women to travel to, for obvious reasons, even though a pre-arranged visa is not required. No visit without lengthy Immigration interviews on arrival. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Sorry, but I don't believe this.  30 years ago, yes.  20 years ago, yes.  10 years ago, maybe.  These days when they all have smartphones, no.  They had to know what their job was going to be.

Job title: "Happiness provider".

I want you happy Sir.

1 hour ago, bangon04 said:

and the family back in the village is in full denial of the facts....face wins over reality. They show off their new wealth from remittances to the neighbors who play along with the fantasy .....

Daughter is now General Manager of Hilltonn in Bahrain and can send 200,000 Baht evely mons

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

There are some destinations (e.g. Japan, Hong Kong), where it is difficult for Thai women to travel to, for obvious reasons, even though a pre-arranged visa is not required. No visit without lengthy Immigration interviews on arrival. 

I would think most of the Western World... 

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not that I am not sympathetic to the exploitation of women, which I am, but something smells fishy here. I have known alot of women who have gone to work massage in Dubai, Singapore, and elsewhere, and they all seem to know the only way to make real money is to offer sex services, of some kind or other. 

So, this sounds like more fake puritan nonsense, from the guys who consider themselves to be a pure as Patagonian snow. Such delusion. Such hubris. Such nonsense. 

You almost missed the victim blaming.

(virtue signalling to follow)

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Jiraphop said she had been part of a bigger gang who invited Thai women to go and work in Bahrain in the massage and spa industry.

But on arrival they were forced into providing sex for money. 

Conned. If you say so.

And from a different prospective ...

A relative of mine was asked to provide two qualified massage ladies for work in a ladies only massage spa in a muslim country.

The people running the spa were personal friends, known to my relative for 10 years plus.

The first two ladies recruited were fine, had no problems. Following this, my relative was asked if they could provide two more.

Within a few weeks of arriving, the next two turned out to be a disaster, couldn't do the job they had been recruited for, which involved massage plus nail spa.

They complained about their working conditions, accommodation and food to the point where the Thai embassy became involved. An embassy official investigated and said that their working conditions were amongst the best they'd ever seen for a Thai national.

So what was the problem?

The two ladies had gone out there thinking that the ladies only massage spa was just a front and now they were pee-ed off because they couldn't make any extras on top of the $800 per month they were receiving which included free accommodation in a villa with a swimming pool.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I knew dozens of Thai girls in Bahrain. They were all freelancers coming and going as they pleased. There was no need to entrap girls at all. You are making your story up. It's a typical NGO fantasy

didn't make my story up, I think it was on BBC or one of those networks a long time ago about enslaved women in some places. 

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Any female who travels to another country to work in the massage/spa business knows what's on the cards.

You can warn them, and warn them, but they won't believe you, some are so stupid they believe everything the Agent tells them. I know one in Dubai now, the only message to her friend now is ????

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

But on arrival they were forced into providing sex for money. 

I actually do not believe any word of this...
All of these women are very aware of the fact that they are going to make a BOMB of money (for Thais) doing a hell of a lot more that "just massage"...

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

was her cooking so bad 

No, that's not the point. Unlike us white folks, these people tend to be exploited when they go overseas to work. Small details like not being paid, having their passport taken off them, and being locked up and not being able to go out.

I got a glimpse of this kind of thing when I worked in Saudi Arabia (at that time) where there's a kind of hierarchy according to where you come from.

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Any female who travels to another country to work in the massage/spa business knows what's on the cards.

Those kinds of businesses tend to have a lot of unsavoury characters involved in them, the same with illicit drugs.

18 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Those kinds of businesses tend to have a lot of unsavoury characters involved in them, the same with illicit drugs.

Same as Thailand, so why do they think going to another country to do the same is safe....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Same as Thailand, so why do they think going to another country to do the same is safe....

Very true. Also, in a foreign country they're much less likely to have a 'support-network' of family & friends, to catch them when they fall

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I knew dozens of Thai girls in Bahrain. They were all freelancers coming and going as they pleased. There was no need to entrap girls at all. You are making your story up. It's a typical NGO fantasy

only if you say so  .....      

8 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

The Middle East is a bit more than Saudi. Worked all over the area

I didn't know that. I've worked in Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, Algeria. And there was me thinking that only Saudi was in the ME.????

Many people think that all of the ME is like Saudi, which it isn't.

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I didn't know that. I've worked in Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, Algeria. And there was me thinking that only Saudi was in the ME.????

Many people think that all of the ME is like Saudi, which it isn't.

WOW. Is Algeria in the Middle East? Was not when I worked there

On 10/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, bang saen guy said:

WOW. Is Algeria in the Middle East? Was not when I worked there

It's often talked about as if it is. It's part of MENA (Middle East/North Africa). It's also a majority Arab/Muslim country. Could probably say the same of Egypt and Libya.