Thai women conned into selling sex in Bahrain - woman arrested

webfact

40 minutes ago, ezzra said:

This kind of exploitation been going on for many years and still there's no shortage of gullible women who get trapped in this ugly business...

Aren't there many bonafide Thai massage places around the world?  How does one know which one is a scam?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Aren't there many bonafide Thai massage places around the world?  How does one know which one is a scam?

There are certain countries that might be suspect - think about it. I could figure it out quite easily, many upcountry Thai are not as worldly.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Funny.  Yes, there are Thai massage places around the world.  And if they needed a masseuse, they could hire someone already in that country.  Especially if the pay and work conditions were decent.  If they have to import a young Thai female, it's only for one reason....and it's not for giving a massage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not that I am not sympathetic to the exploitation of women, which I am, but something smells fishy here. I have known alot of women who have gone to work massage in Dubai, Singapore, and elsewhere, and they all seem to know the only way to make real money is to offer sex services, of some kind or other. 

So, this sounds like more fake puritan nonsense, from the guys who consider themselves to be a pure as Patagonian snow. Such delusion. Such hubris. Such nonsense. 

IMHO not nonsense.
Furthermore,
1) there is a distinct difference between free-lancing and being forced to provide services at work. 2) other than that, a salary of about USD 1.000 incl. board and lodgings, is rather attractive for someone making about 10-12K THB a month, who needs to pay rent and food, and who has kids that need to go to school.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, have seen this happen on tv shows and movies...deplorable.  

someone had paid the airfare to get her there and she is not an attractive young girl.. she was near 40 and a bit overweight and not that pretty... and the craziest part was that she would only get 400 baht per customer and the customers were mostly poor immigrant workers from other middle continent countries... 

I. would think most ladies could get more than 400 baht per throw walking around Bkk/Patt/Phuket... 

on the other hand, I have a friend who is working massage in Czech and I think she is doing ok - she is a tomboy and going with men is just not going to happen... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not that I am not sympathetic to the exploitation of women, which I am, but something smells fishy here. I have known alot of women who have gone to work massage in Dubai, Singapore, and elsewhere, and they all seem to know the only way to make real money is to offer sex services, of some kind or other. 

So, this sounds like more fake puritan nonsense, from the guys who consider themselves to be a pure as Patagonian snow. Such delusion. Such hubris. Such nonsense. 

...Proly did!????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skallywag said:

"on arrival"?  Was that inside the airport terminal or near the luggage claim they were forced into providing sex?

Any ladies under 40 must know through the grapevine what goes on in Bahrain, or they could google it.

Yes this is totally inhumane if the ladies were lied to either way IMO

It's all about saving face nobody would tell to others the bad things they only say about how much money they make and paint the picture in bright colours.

So in effect it's a circle for naive young girls trying to support their family 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Lying down brings blessings.....mostly money. ????

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

"on arrival"?  Was that inside the airport terminal or near the luggage claim they were forced into providing sex?

Any ladies under 40 must know through the grapevine what goes on in Bahrain, or they could google it.

Yes this is totally inhumane if the ladies were lied to either way IMO

are they really that naive ....   ?    i don't think so

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, malthebluff said:

It's all about saving face nobody would tell to others the bad things they only say about how much money they make and paint the picture in bright colours.

So in effect it's a circle for naive young girls trying to support their family 

and the family back in the village is in full denial of the facts....face wins over reality. They show off their new wealth from remittances to the neighbors who play along with the fantasy .....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My thoughts too.

• Like 1

The problem is they hold their passports and give them a job for 300,000 baht or whatever, and they take 5000 from their salary every month to pay back the 300,000 baht which can take several years.

They won't give them their passport back until the money is paid,  so many girls then offer the sex as it pays more and they try to pay off their boss/keeper sooner. 

They get caught up in a vicious circle of human sex trafficking.  

Not saying the amount are correct,  but you get my drift ...... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This kind of exploitation been going on for many years and still there's no shortage of gullible women who get trapped in this ugly business...

True. I talked two women out of this about 21 years ago; even went with one to the Australian embassy, as this was were she was being lured.

Heard from others how they were lured to Korea and Malaysia with promises of getting rich quickly, and how they came back without a penny, but rich in 'experience'...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1