Foreign pick-up driver involved in collision with motorcycle/ sidecar - Thai rider dead

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Man Muang

Police and rescue services were called to the scene of a collision between a black Toyota Vigo pick-up driven by a foreigner and a motorcycle and sidecar ridden by a Thai man.

Dead at the scene with a broken hip, collar bone and head injuries was 51 year old Decha.

Fifty meters away and stopped was the pick-up that had been driven by a Mr Towers. That vehicle had a dented side, reported Ban Muang.

The partner of the foreign driver, Natthikan, 53, said that she was also in the pick-up that was going about 80 kmph.

The motorcycle came from the center of the road and veered into their path. Despite this she admitted she had not seen exactly what happened.

The accident happened on the Huay Phai - Nam Phu Road in Muang district of Ratchaburi in central Thailand.

Police intend to interview the couple again to determine what happened.

The deceased has been released to relatives. 

Ban Muang did not report the nationality of the foreign driver. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-16

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:
38 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

If the pickup has, as stated here, damage to the side, I assume    the Thai     swerved into a passing vehicle??

19 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

An 80 kmh U turn? It reads nothing of the sort 

I'm would not put too much value on the statement of a prejudice witness who stated that:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Despite this she admitted she had not seen exactly what happened.

The accident scene shows the deceased lying directly in front of his motorcycle. That could only happen if the motorcycle hit the side of the pick up and he was thrown forward into that same vehicle.

The material evidence is clearly at odds with her statement.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I had a collision with a  bike and   side car    while driving my truck, she pulled into my  path  she was blinded by her umbrella obscuring her vision... locals called police ....i asked to see her  driving licence  vehicle tax,  etc  she had no licence, no tax,  and  no  money to pay for the damage to my truck , the police did nothing  .....as usual

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, actonion said:

I had a collision with a  bike and   side car    while driving my truck, she pulled into my  path  she was blinded by her umbrella obscuring her vision... locals called police ....i asked to see her  driving licence  vehicle tax,  etc  she had no licence, no tax,  and  no  money to pay for the damage to my truck , the police did nothing  .....as usual

What did you expect the police to do for you with someone who can't pay you for the damages. They can fine her that is about it. Do you want her in jail ? Its no fun to be left with damages but can't expect the police to be the ones that get the money for you. This is a problem between you and her or between your insurance and her (best option)

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

You should be working for google earth.

I  saw a google car about a month ago..... <deleted> i did not have the opportunity to do something dumb.

but yeah, its nice to have 360 footage of my car.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, actonion said:

Never forget, they are local franchisees, not law enforcement officers. It is not uncommon to see a situation like this, with no resolution. 

• Like 2

Dash cam front and rear+ 5 star insurance is a minimum here, I’ve been tail ended twice in 6 years and many say I am doing good, but I could have fetched 50 off there  motorbikes had i not been looking for the unthinkable to happen. 
5 star, ring the insurers from the scene and say and do nothing they sort it all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sure! One at the front, then right and left and one at the rear.

Is it that what you mean,????

well it seems you don't have a camera , or maybe even a car.    yes, I have a front and rear camera. and i am sure just about everyone else has them.  and yes, there are even the 360 camera set ups also.   Geeez ........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaitom said:

well it seems you don't have a camera , or maybe even a car.    yes, I have a front and rear camera. and i am sure just about everyone else has them.  and yes, there are even the 360 camera set ups also.   Geeez ........

Wow, you got a car with 2 cameras? Really? Very smart!????

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sure! One at the front, then right and left and one at the rear.

Is it that what you mean,????

multiple camera's to capture 360 degrees saving to a DVR is common, My system cost less than 10k..... chump change.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'm would not put too much value on the statement of a prejudice witness who stated that:

The accident scene shows the deceased lying directly in front of his motorcycle. That could only happen if the motorcycle hit the side of the pick up and he was thrown forward into that same vehicle.

The material evidence is clearly at odds with her statement.

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The scenario and the side damage to the pick up suggests that Mr. Towers made a U turn and drove into the path of the motorcycle.

You seem to know a lot. Might your real name be Mr. Towers? Or are you just a common psychic from the island of Saint Croix, like Eddie Murphy once said? ????????????

Edited by Gottfrid