Thai woman selling child aged 16 for sex via Line application arrested in Bangkok

webfact

On 10/16/2021 at 9:03 AM, khunPer said:

That's actually depending of how many years ago "many, many years ago" is - but of course I know that "not so long time ago" for elder folks, might seems like "longe time ago" for young ones - but I know of several cases from "not so long time ago", I've met them, for example a 14 year old girl that was already mom to two children, the first born when she was 12; and a very pregnant 13 years old girl.

So why did not report this fact to the authorities?

On 10/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, petermik said:

Is it just because money was changing hands the authorities became involved as in the ’villages’ it is quite normal for 12 years old and up to be having sexual relationships....

Age of consent in Thailand -- which should be raised IMO -- is 15 years if age. I don't see where sexual relations with a kid is considered "quite normal."

10 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

So why did not report this fact to the authorities?

Because it's none of an aliens business, observations only.

Facts (2018):

47 out of 1.000 girls aged 15 to 19 become teenage moms, average for South East Asia is 36.

Out of 84,578 girls under 20 that gave birth in 2018, 2.559 were between 10 and 14 years old.

Source link HERE.

Furthermore, village marriages are widely acknowledged, also when under legal age for both consent and marriage. I remember I read something about sex with a girl under 15 not being a wife, it's here...

Sec. 277 – Rape – Girl Under 15

Whoever, has sexual intercourse with a girl not yet over fifteen years of age and not being his own wife...

[ ... ]

The offence as provided in the first paragraph, if the offender being the man commits against
the girl over thirteen years but not yet over fifteen years of age with her consent and the
Court grants such man and girl to marry together afterwards, the offender shall not be
punished for such offence. If the Court grants them permission to marry together during the
time the offender is still being inflicted with the punishment, the Court shall release such
offender.

From "National Child Protection Legislation", source link HERE.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, FritsSikkink said:

The amount of people here agreeing with pedophilia is astonishing.

While I agree with your underlying premise, I have to point out that pedophilia doesn't involve 16 year olds.

Physically they are adults and therefore attraction towards them isn't pedophilic.

That said, the law should protect them better since their brain development isn't complete yet amd therefore are prone to making bad decisions. That completes in early- mid twenties, by the way.