Masks

Zyte

On 10/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Leveraged said:

Just as long as you keep all those feelings & pent-up rage to yourself, up to you. Just dont walk around with a chip on your shoulder and pretend to be the mask police, judging people. 

Just enjoy your holiday. You're vaccinated and have nothing to worry about. 

That's not true. Vaccinated can still spread the virus and can still get sick from the virus. Though no where near as bad as the unvaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so you need to be told what is good to do or not ?

forced or not I will wear my mask for the rest of my life because I am not an idiot, I wonder why some people cannot think the correct way, or even think at all....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Mainly because it's true, the Thais are really sticking to the mask rule, say what you like about other stuff but it's very rare to see a Thai with out 1.

Maybe you guys don’t get out much, and when you do it’s only to lotus or 7-11. I’m out all day long at the beach and eating at restaurants and mask wearing by everyone is probably sub 50%. I see it all day long every day. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Your last sentence is simply nothing more than confirmation bias. You pay more attention to foreigners than you do locals because you already have it in your head that they are the problem and you're fixated. The reality is that mask religious mask wearing like you describe is the minority rather than the standard. 

No it's not.

I now know you don't live in Phuket. Do you actually live in Thailand?

Confirmation bias..............or, the truth.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 6:54 AM, sniggie said:

I don't really understand what the problem is here. I was stuck in the UK for a year until April and complied with all the mask requirements there. Now I am back in Thailand I have a box of masks in the car and we all wear masks whenever we leave the car. It's not a massive imposition, is it? Then we don't have to worry what others do.

What amazed me this year is how quickly the majority of the UK populace dispensed with their masks as soon as they were no longer mandatory. if I was still there I'd be wearing a mask in public places. Apparently there are problems getting passengers to wear masks on public transport <deleted>.  I do hope that the more relaxed environment in the UK does not result in problems this winter.

You mean England not UK. England.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

oh my, it happens all the time in the USA... on both sides of the debate... 

Funny sometimes when people refuse to put on a mask because nobody has the right to tell them what to do about their body, then the same person is angst abortion... 

It's not surprising. It happens between opposite political parties I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

You mean England not UK. England.

No, people who live in England say England! Expats, not the Soi Buakaow farang type, but real expats always say UK! It's like a rite of passing when you truly become a real expat. ????

Myself, I come from the UK ???? I suppose you are from England?? ????????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, KarenBravo said:

Just wear the mask everywhere that isn't your accommodation.

Masks are taken off if you have to eat, or drink.

Enforced? By the general public and they WILL use violence and you won't get any sympathy from the police (or, from anyone else, for that matter).

Thank god I don't live where ya'll live.  The beauty about rural living - anywhere - is that most people haven't lost there minds. 
The urban dwellers and Bangkokians, especially farangs, would be stopping their BMWs and yelling from the side at the roads at hot, sweaty, hard-working rice farmer in the middle of sun drenched fields to "obey the law" or else get hit in the mouth.  <head-shake>  Working farmers don't mask up.

I'm not wearing a mask on my exercise walks in the middle of Boondockburi, Thailand. 

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

Thank god I don't live where ya'll live.  The beauty about rural living - anywhere - is that most people haven't lost there minds. 
The urban dwellers and Bangkokians, especially farangs, would be stopping their BMWs and yelling from the side at the roads at hot, sweaty, hard-working rice farmer in the middle of sun drenched fields to "obey the law" or else get hit in the mouth.  <head-shake>  Working farmers don't mask up.

I'm not wearing a mask on my exercise walks in the middle of Boondockburi, Thailand. 

And I have have no desire at all any longer to domestically tour in Crazy-Land.  I'll stick to the Amphur   - less drama - until the terminal fearful in Thailand (and the world) finally understand that that the only way back to 'normal' is accepting Covid as any other flu or seasonal illness (There at that point in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)  There is no vaccination our way to herd immunity.  That doesn't work with non-sterilizing, "leaky" vaccines.  Covid is a fact of life.  Most people will eventually get it.  The human species immune systems will adapt like they have done since the dawn of mankind..  Then if everyone can get over their trauma, we all can get back to living life as before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

the only way back to 'normal' is accepting Covid as any other flu or seasonal illness (There at that point in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)  There is no vaccination our way to herd immunity. 

The reason some countries are there at the moment is the vaccines.

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

Covid is a fact of life.  Most people will eventually get it.  The human species immune systems will adapt like they have done since the dawn of mankind.. 

The problem, of course, is the way the human species immune system adapt. Only the fittest adapt and survive, some of them with long term consequences. And the rest die.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are some numbers of my day here on phuket yesterday without judging. Maybe this is giving a real pic about the mask situation.

Morning beach/beach road run Patong

75% no mask 25% mask

Small Patong fish market

20% no mask 80% mask

Lotus Kathu

100% mask

Maikhao

30% no mask 70% mask

711 Maikhao

10% no mask 90% mask

Central Phuket Town

100% mask

Restaurant in Central

100% no mask ...staff 100% mask

SuperCheap pharmacy

100% mask

Gym patong

100% no mask ... staff 100% mask

On motorbike in patong

10-20% no mask 80-90% mask

In car no mask.

Btw had early appointment at hospital last week. Came to xxx center. Not one nurse or a doctor had a mask on. Said to my doctor that she looks much better without mask they all start to run like chickens for their masks lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1