Thailand Pass to Replace the COE, what about the Prepaid PCR Tests ?

XtraFly

On 10/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, tomacht8 said:

As you can read on the Thailand pass page, it is recommended to enter the entry data 7 days in advance. The Foreign Ministry itself also needs 3 days to process. The software should be online on November 1st. This means that quarantine-free entry will not be technically possible until November 7th. All those who want to enter between November 1-7 must still use the old COE system!

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

When should you apply for Thailand Pass?

You should apply for the Thailand Pass 7 days before your arrival.

How long does Thailand Pass approval take?

The MFA has mentioned that it will take 1-3 days for approval.

it's by 1st november not on the 1st.

May be as early as this week so allow entry from the 1st.

It's processed up to 3 days, but might be one day or within hours (as was case with coe which was much more complicated).

They are giving an advice not to apply over 7 days as applications will be processed promptly. That is what other countries are requiring - just a few days are good enough.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it's by 1st november not on the 1st.

May be as early as this week so allow entry from the 1st.

It's processed up to 3 days, but might be one day or within hours (as was case with coe which was much more complicated).

They are giving an advice not to apply over 7 days as applications will be processed promptly. That is what other countries are requiring - just a few days are good enough.

You interpret this announcement differently. Let's see when the time comes and there is clarity.

Screenshot_20211019-140606_Photos.jpg

The list of Approved (5-10-38??) Low Risk countries will be announced Tomorrow (Wednesday 20th )

As I have said on other threads, this is going the same way as the changes which happened in April and July, both sets of changes were changed after the announced date.

For example, the Phuket sandbox was 1st July, but the COE system wasn’t working until the 30th June, some travelers managed to board aircraft without having an approved COE, they managed to land and then download the approved COE.

So this 1st November won’t be for people arriving on the 1st, I’m guessing by 3rd or 4th it will be working but if your travelling before those dates be very careful with your money, delay if possible. 

I’ve completed 3 trips to Thailand during last 12 months 2 ASQ and 1 Sandbox, and I won’t pay until 48-72hours before departure.

My 3 COE have been issued within 48 hours, The Embassy has been excellent it’s the Bangkok side which is flip flopping

Edited by bolt