Thailand Pass to Replace the COE, what about the Prepaid PCR Tests ?

XtraFly

Copied from the News

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

Pending Final Approval

The MFA / Ministry of Foreign Affairs has recently announced that the Certificate of Entry (COE) will be replaced with the "Thailand Pass" system starting November 1st, 2021.

The "Thailand Pass" online registration system will exist on https://thailandpass.go.th, and should be accessible by November 1st, 2021.

Recent News Articles around "Thailand Pass"

The new Thailand Pass system will be for everyone except for those who will be traveling as part of group arrivals (by sea), and Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ) stays will. They will have to use the existing COE system until otherwise specified.

Required Information for Thailand Pass
  • Passport Information
  • Vaccination Certificate
  • Covid-19 Health Insurance Coverage
  • SHA+/AQ Hotel Booking
  •  

It appears that prepaid COVID-19 PCR tests may no longer be required (recently mentioned in the Phuket Sandbox reduced requirements).

At the moment it is very hard to draw any final conclusions on the ease of the process, and who exactly will be able to enter "quarantine free". The chart released by the MFA did not seem to cover this newly announced entry method.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 1.41.59 PM.png

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd also like to know if the vaccine certificate removes the need for say my UK PCR test before flying ? That they accept a 1 day hotel booking, where a pcr test would be done if not at the hotel - airport ? How where, and how you get to the AQ hotel to isolate. Is it still 30 days visa on arrival ? 

Has to be some things missing here , as I cannot see a need for a hotel if there are no PCR tests anywhere before release into the public.

Best we all wait until 1st nov see how the nonsense pans out

I am pretty sure any airline you fly on will require the negative PCR test within 3 days prior to boarding. As for Thailand... TBD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gk10012001 said:

I am pretty sure any airline you fly on will require the negative PCR test within 3 days prior to boarding. As for Thailand... TBD

Yes, Singapore want a negative PCR within 48 hours if you're transiting through there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Well that chart looks simple to understand........(sigh)

I knew you gonna comment when I was posting haha. I can’t wait till Oct 31st to see the updates and how it’s gonna take effect. Most likely will apply as soon as the website is up.

• Like 1

Looks like a lot of software development and testing will be required.

Things always look simple on a ppt.

They mention both Vaccination Certificate and Health Certificate (under "Data Filing"). My guess now would be that the latter is a PCR test result.

That TM.6 - Immigration "API Gateway" would scare me a bit. Would prefer a paper Departure Card thank you.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Puccini said:

The Visa on arrival gives permission to stay for 15 days and it is not available to UK nationals.

I think he means the Visa Except 30 days (45 days before).

Many use the wording Visa on arrival, as you become a stamp on arrival.

• Like 1

was thinking about going nov but with booze ban, blue zone test test on arrival no thx am staying in canaries they dont even talk about covid here.

I was in swampi in march travellers herded around like anamals disgusting worst welcome ever

• Haha 1

Have one friend from UK in September enter Thailand in sandbox thingy Phuket, stayed for 2 weeks, 3 covid tests and was allowed to leave to go home Sukhothai.

Have another from UK came October and only has to stay 1 week Phuket and then is due home in Sukhothai, he did lose some prepaid money out of choice.

Things changing all the time I guess.

My family have booked flights for February 2022 but don't know what they will be required to do if anything at the moment.

52 minutes ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Looks like we'll be waiting. Don't really mind the insurance, but if we're vaccinated, would prefer to simply go to our destination.

I read that as for "AQ" only. So those who do not qualify for "Sandbox" (vaxxed) and require a 7/10 day quarantine.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

That TM.6 - Immigration "API Gateway" would scare me a bit. Would prefer a paper Departure Card thank you.

One of the MFA slides at the briefing said you "can" do this, not that you "must".  I would probably opt out given the history.

18 hours ago, XtraFly said:

I knew you gonna comment when I was posting haha. I can’t wait till Oct 31st to see the updates and how it’s gonna take effect. Most likely will apply as soon as the website is up.

someone has gotta keep an eye on you......so much for taking EVA air for me as thats on lockdown....longer sigh......

• Haha 1

Nirvana  "extinguishing of desire".    I am going to lower my expectations and just wait until after New Year and see how things are then.  Tentative plan is work until June.  Lock up and simplify things in the USA, medicare, long term housemate in my modest little Florida retirement home,  then 6 months in Thailand with an O long stay visa due to retirement (I will be 65), visa prior to arrival

What about those of us who have already applied for and/or received COEs and whose flights arrive after November 1st?

Will we be able to use the already-issued CEO for entry, or will we have to start over from scratch and apply for a "Thailand Pass?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fusion58 said:

What about those of us who have already applied for and/or received COEs and whose flights arrive after November 1st?

Will we be able to use the already-issued CEO for entry, or will we have to start over from scratch and apply for a "Thailand Pass?"

As you can read on the Thailand pass page, it is recommended to enter the entry data 7 days in advance. The Foreign Ministry itself also needs 3 days to process. The software should be online on November 1st. This means that quarantine-free entry will not be technically possible until November 7th. All those who want to enter between November 1-7 must still use the old COE system!

When should you apply for Thailand Pass?

You should apply for the Thailand Pass 7 days before your arrival.

How long does Thailand Pass approval take?

The MFA has mentioned that it will take 1-3 days for approval.

11 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

As you can read on the Thailand pass page, it is recommended to enter the entry data 7 days in advance. The Foreign Ministry itself also needs 3 days to process. The software should be online on November 1st. This means that quarantine-free entry will not be technically possible until November 7th. All those who want to enter between November 1-7 must still use the old COE system!

When should you apply for Thailand Pass?

You should apply for the Thailand Pass 7 days before your arrival.

How long does Thailand Pass approval take?

The MFA has mentioned that it will take 1-3 days for approval.

Thanks, but this doesn't really address my question.

If my arrival date is 12 November, and if I have already been issued a COE, then can I still use that COE to enter, or do I still need to apply for  Thailand Pass?

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Thanks, but this doesn't really address my question.

If my arrival date is 12 November, and if I have already been issued a COE, then can I still use that COE to enter, or do I still need to apply for  Thailand Pass?

We must wait for clear announcements. 12. November you have enough time. In the worst case, you will have to re-enter all the paperwork into the Thai Pass application. But you would save 1 PCR test and possibly not must book a certain hotel for the whole time.

42 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

We must wait for clear announcements. 12. November you have enough time. In the worst case, you will have to re-enter all the paperwork into the Thai Pass application. But you would save 1 PCR test and possibly not must book a certain hotel for the whole time.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I will have to trust that the new website is actually functional and that my application can be approved prior to my departure date. No way to predict when the site will be up and running and how long the approval process will take. Hopefully, the new website isn't going to be developed by the same geniuses who created the 90 Day Reporting site.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

I applied for Certificate of Entry and was told by Thai Embassy London that I need to book SHA hotel for $500.  Since when does a hotel in Phuket cost $500 for seven nights.

CoE is a nightmare to complete

COE Email (2).JPG

Marina Phuket Hotel.JPG

your payment needs to be in FULL OR to the value of $500, its badly written, so don't worry

when are you expecting to arrive

what have you paid for already ????

Edited by bolt