Dermatologist?

HeijoshinCool

For a suspicious mole it is worth the trip to see Dr. Anna at BPH. She specializes in skin cancers, worked for years in the US and is one of the few doctors in Thailand with extensive experience in this area.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=7&depid=2

There is no substitute for experience when it comes to assessing lesions. Also, in case it needs to be removed and biopsied, need to consider the experience of the pathologist. Dr. Anna has one in particular she uses (may be out of the country, I'm not sure). Wrong path readings (in both directions) are common here when it comes to suspected skin cancer.

Dr. Anna will usually do a full skin check while you are there.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

For a suspicious mole it is worth the trip to see Dr. Anna at BPH. She specializes in skin cancers, worked for years in the US and is one of the few doctors in Thailand with extensive experience in this area.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=7&depid=2

There is no substitute for experience when it comes to assessing lesions. Also, in case it needs to be removed and biopsied, need to consider the experience of the pathologist. Dr. Anna has one in particular she uses (may be out of the country, I'm not sure). Wrong path readings (in both directions) are common here when it comes to suspected skin cancer.

Dr. Anna will usually do a full skin check while you are there.

Thanks.

But I have to see someone in Bangkok.

I get out of ASQ next week and will spend two more days in BKK, then I go south with a dog kennel and 9 boxes. Not something easily accomplished, so I need to see a doc while still in BKK.

I go for best value to the Siriraj in BKK, just across the river. Top doctors and top service that will charge more but still less than other private hospitals that make stupid tests just for milking cash out of you. That being said I have first hand experience also with Chulalongkorn University Dermatology. If you have time, I can recommend that one too. You need to show at 5.30 in the morning in the main hall (maybe 600 people there with you) down at Rama IV across Lumpini Park and get registered. By 10 am you should wait in dermatology. I was there twice and you will see a very junior doctor (resident I think) but she will check with her boss. The chief saw me speaks fluent english - I checked her on Linkedin she spent 3 years in Chicago  training there => 250 THB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree, in Bangkok best options are either Siriraj or the Institute of Dermatology  which is near Victory Monument

https://www.iod.go.th/our-service/บริการผู้ป่วยนอก-en-translation

Both are government facilities so not at all quick. Use  the after hours clinic at the Derm Institute to save time and access a senior doctor directly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one on Victory Monument I am familiar also - @Sheryl is correct that one is also a good public option (have been there with my girlfriend) and also there the junior resident will get back with the chief - that one is across Mahidol if I remember correctly.

In regards to the Siriraj option I was actually referring to the semi-private option that looks like a palace despite their competitive pricing vs Burungrad etc... - the public option is of course with long waiting and much less pomp. however, the reputation is also first grade here as well

• Thanks 1