Thailand can open safely says PM as country on track to meet vaccine promises

webfact

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

You need more english lessons.

Or lessons of reasoned intelligence and knowledge - which could easily be applied within this venue. A good dose of it, actually.

Blessed is the cognitive dissonance - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

We are seeing countries successfully reducing new infections as vaccinations increase. Even Israel.

Israel was already extremely high before their largest outbreak.

You can even look at different US states and see the states that had a policy of no authoritarian control had the same curve as states that went full Mao.

The different states also have the same death/case ratio as well.

It is almost as if covid will spread regardless of forced closures, masks, vaxx. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Or lessons of reasoned intelligence and knowledge - which could easily be applied within this venue. A good dose of it, actually.

Blessed is the cognitive dissonance - 

Now I know why I have a certain someone on block. Spouts the usual rubbish.

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

You can even look at different US states and see the states that had a policy of no authoritarian control had the same curve as states that went full Mao.

It is almost as if covid will spread regardless of forced closures, masks, vaxx. 

The only thing spreading is the misinformation that you are spouting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

The only thing spreading is the misinformation that you are spouting. 

image.png.673d445c7fb3b1353a97341d11a968ac.pngimage.png.6a3371fb8686f0383c6110a6f7d3d361.png

Good thing the vaccines prevented another huge spike.

California shut down businesses and has strict social distancing/masks mandates.  1.47% DeathRate if Infected

image.png.c899ee3d25071ca99726317e1cc8a8f9.png

Florida told people continue on and take precautions giving people choice in their life.  1.60% DeathRate if infected

image.png.6afb7d8675c85380d675e3fa02553644.png

I will take the more freedoms and the choice of taking any available precautions over coercion and forced business closure.

At least no one followed the even more authoritarian example of New York. 3.10% DeathRate if infected

image.png.c403fd1904c8b6ab7d1114bf89a95bdd.png

5 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

And yet, as Israelis get vaccinated, the number of new cases drops. Funny how that works ….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

image.png.673d445c7fb3b1353a97341d11a968ac.pngimage.png.6a3371fb8686f0383c6110a6f7d3d361.png

Good thing the vaccines prevented another huge spike.

California shut down businesses and has strict social distancing/masks mandates.  1.47% DeathRate if Infected

image.png.c899ee3d25071ca99726317e1cc8a8f9.png

Florida told people continue on and take precautions giving people choice in their life.  1.60% DeathRate if infected

image.png.6afb7d8675c85380d675e3fa02553644.png

I will take the more freedoms and the choice of taking any available precautions over coercion and forced business closure.

At least no one followed the even more authoritarian example of New York. 3.10% DeathRate if infected

image.png.c403fd1904c8b6ab7d1114bf89a95bdd.png

New York’s death rate is high because of early cases when doctors didn’t know how to treat the disease.

conversely, you can see how many people in Florida got infected after Governor DeathSentence opened the state prematurely.

Edited by Danderman123

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

well relocate to Israel then .....     lol

No Need to relocate, as I am fully vaccinated.

The point is that anti-vaxxers pointed to Chile as an example of how vaccination doesn’t work, until the number of cases there predictably dropped. Then there was Israel, until cases there dropped.

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

New York’s death rate is high because of early cases when doctors didn’t know how to treat the disease.

conversely, you can see how many people in Florida got infected after Governor DeathSentence opened the state prematurely.

Many infections but lower rate of death compared to NewYork and along the average of the US overall.  People of Florida didn't have their businesses and livelihood shut down either.  Florida is in top 3 of elderly population but didn't experience the same outcome as NY.

No one forced them to do anything, the people had the choice on  how to protect themselves.  It is a beautiful thing to see DeSantis allow the people of his state to decide on how they want to protect themselves.  Vaccines are readily available for those who want them.

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And yet, as Israelis get vaccinated, the number of new cases drops. Funny how that works ….

But they were highly vaccinated before the largest and most recent spike?  They had smaller outbreaks before being highly vaccinated.

13 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It didn't help Thailand didn't bother ordering any early like western nations.

Then didn't join covax when they could have.

Unlike the UK that established a vaccine task force and spent millions on chosing a selection of likely candidates and then buying them proforma.

That's why the UK and civilised countries got supply. Putting their money down.

Thailand, of course, thought they were immune from covid and would wait it out to get a BOGOF deal when there was oversupply.

Unfortunately, Delta arrived and exposed Thailand's cheap charlie approach.

It's unfortunate for many of TVF's Thai huggers that I'm here to point them in the direction of the facts.

I can't help but wonder if maybe Prayuth was pressured into holding off on ordering Western vaccines, in favor of purchasing the A-Z vaccine from Siam BioScience when available.

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

I can't help but wonder if maybe Prayuth was pressured into holding off on ordering Western vaccines, in favor of purchasing the A-Z vaccine from Siam BioScience when available.

They did this once, some several months ago, when they were told that the "Chula" domestic version might be available soon [which never transpired] - hence, put the original glitch into their vaccination program. 

Take the vaccines when they are offered or available, instead of wishing on a domestic one that might not come to fruition.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, steven100 said:

good job by Khun Prayut and the government. :wai:      Thailand will open up again very soon.

if the unelected PM had done his job properly in the first place where vaccines were concerned, Thailand could have been opened up long before now.

As for opening up, does that mean he is going to get rid of the money making scams like the insurance for $100.000? I would bet not, what about the over expensive PCR test needed again when you arrive in Thailand? Another scam. Is their no end to this guys greed?

If Prayut and his generals had decent brains and education, why did they join the army in the first place?

• Like 2

On 10/18/2021 at 9:51 AM, spidermike007 said:

It is not about the vaccines. They are of the lower quality. It is about Thailand being the zombie in the room now. Most nations have a lower infection rates than Thailand, per capita, and most nations have falling rates too. With the poor vaccination effort here, and the lower quality of the vaccines, the incoming tourists are taking all the risks. The Phuket sandbox proved that, with 99% of all infections coming from non foreigners. Hah! Gotcha! 

The bad leaders were highly successful in scaring the people into submission, and whipping them up into a state of utter panic of the Zombie Apocalypse. Hence, the hesitation. The nation is ready. Open up, and let the people get back to work. 

Hah! Gotcha! :thumbsup: :clap2::clap2:

• Haha 1

I am still not planning my trip to Thailand, as I know that I will be more at risk of going broke, with

all the extra expenses I need to be able to have a vacation there. It is more likely that I will go to Belize

and visit with my friend there for a few weeks. No restrictions, no tests required on arrival. All I need is

to be vaccinated, and have my passport, and enough money to stay there and return to Canada.

Good Luck next year Thailand.

Geezer