Over-stayers beware! BMW smart car comes for Brit who didn't renew his visa - blacklisted for 5 years

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're a young fella then. We had a party line and we had to crank the handle and ask the operator to call the number.

However, life was good then, before mobile phones, internet, stupid reality shows on tv ( no tv lol ), social media etc.

Kero  lamps and a koolgardie safe! 

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I got internet on my phone which I carry with me.  And I grew up using rotary dial telephones!  Eiesenhower was president when I was born.  I remember using pay phones and thought those were pretty cool to be able to call home from most places if needed and if I could find a dime !  Remember putting dimes in the top of my loafer shoes!  It really came in handy some times

I remember pay phones in our UK town where you picked up the phone and waited for the operator to say "Number please". Then when she had connected, you put three pennies in and pressed button A.

Eisenhower was POTUS and Clement Attlee was UK PM. I might be old, but I never forget to renew my visa.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that the Immigration Bureau's famous BMW smart cars were at it again keeping Thailand safe. 

Um, ok, so what did he do that caused Thailand to be unsafe for 349 days while he overstayed.

How much did he spend while he was here in those 349 days, not very bright are they.

I see, this is to justify the cost of the BMW's....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, ok, so what did he do that caused Thailand to be unsafe for 349 days while he overstayed.

How much did he spend while he was here in those 349 days, not very bright are they.

I see, this is to justify the cost of the BMW's....

The law is the law and the system is the system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

5 years is not long enough. Persona Non Grata indefinately

Theres zero excuse for absolutely anyone to be on overstay (and lets be generous) for more than 30 days unless hospitalised etc

There really really isn't. Thailand are far too soft on this

Quoting myself from the original post and 7 to date are confused or sad lol...I can only assume people think its acceptable !

What is about even being 30 days over on your visa that is not "reasonable" to absolutely everyone let alone a year ??

Theres zero justification bar hospital. None whatsoever

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cvs04 said:

Oddly they are deporting him to the UK where if you stay there as an illegal immigrant then you get an apartment, colour telly and 100 quid per week from the Government!

Well you get accommodation, could be a 4 star hotel? free food, free medical, free clothes, but I think you need to come into the UK on a Dinghy from France and have no passport, this guy being a Brit will get nothing.LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

This time the car - fitted with high tech gizmos like an internet connection - nabbed a British man named only as Mr Craig, 43, who was walking along Chaloke Rat road in Muang district of Surat Thani.

Are they claiming that they roam around in these cars and their cameras and facial recognition software scan and identify everyone they see and check their immigration status?

Or did someone just grass him up?

Most provincial Immigration offices aren't busy right now. This guy had a border entry that was already in the immigration database. It probably had an address from a TM entry card. They may have had an actual address from some previous dealings with the local immigration. He could also have a history at another immigration office, some inquiries were made and followed up. Or he could have simply been grassed up. Either way, you don't really need a premium German saloon with a wireless hotspot to catch anyone.

The whole 'smart car' thing is an invention of a previous Immigration chief thinking it would put fear in the hearts of the overstayers and ne'erdowells. If anyone needs to ask if this suggestion of stealth technology is real, they probably think that all the geewhizzery they see on CIS: Miami is also real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cvs04 said:

Oddly they are deporting him to the UK where if you stay there as an illegal immigrant then you get an apartment, colour telly and 100 quid per week from the Government!

That is just for starters, wait until they learn about all the other freebies....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Most provincial Immigration offices aren't busy right now. This guy had a border entry that was already in the immigration database. It probably had an address from a TM entry card. They may have had an actual address from some previous dealings with the local immigration. He could also have a history at another immigration office, some inquiries were made and followed up. Or he could have simply been grassed up. Either way, you don't really need a premium German saloon with a wireless hotspot to catch anyone.

The whole 'smart car' thing is an invention of a previous Immigration chief thinking it would put fear in the hearts of the overstayers and ne'erdowells. If anyone needs to ask if this suggestion of stealth technology is real, they probably think that all the geewhizzery they see on CIS: Miami is also real.

Same with the BBC detector vans.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Quoting myself from the original post and 7 to date are confused or sad lol...I can only assume people think its acceptable !

What is about even being 30 days over on your visa that is not "reasonable" to absolutely everyone let alone a year ??

Theres zero justification bar hospital. None whatsoever

I reckon it is just you they object to.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Well you get accommodation, could be a 4 star hotel? free food, free medical, free clothes, but I think you need to come into the UK on a Dinghy from France and have no passport, this guy being a Brit will get nothing.LOL

Ah, the common refrain of the british bigot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Are they claiming that they roam around in these cars and their cameras and facial recognition software scan and identify everyone they see and check their immigration status?

Or did someone just grass him up?

I'd better keep my head down then as I'm on a 22 day overstay & counting... 

Obviously I'm not (did my annual extension in August & it's good till 26th September 2022) but according to Immigration records I am ???? 

1E030A6B-42CC-4101-8872-3CD7A985F0BA.thumb.jpeg.6fe078a461fb59ad3ac08e93ce841041.jpeg

It's not like they don't know where to find me seeing as I've done a TM30 & 90 Day Report in the past 3 weeks :s 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're a young fella then. We had a party line and we had to crank the handle and ask the operator to call the number.

However, life was good then, before mobile phones, internet, stupid reality shows on tv ( no tv lol ), social media etc.

You're still in nappies; when I was born there were no phones and the wireless ran on gas.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

5 years is not long enough. Persona Non Grata indefinately

Theres zero excuse for absolutely anyone to be on overstay (and lets be generous) for more than 30 days unless hospitalised etc

There really really isn't. Thailand are far too soft on this

Yeah, really, he should have gone to California via Mexico. No worries there, just leave the ID at home and speak a little S. or C. American Spanish.  Comprendai?

I've ran into a few farang overstaying knuckleheads who just live with an attitude of dismissiveness and denial.  Delaying the inevitable unless they can sort it out somehow.  

Digging deeper, I discover they are hopelessly lost, pathetic souls, desperately not wanting to face reality of going back to their homes. Add alcoholism and other substance abuses as well as some form of mental disorder and that generally fits the profile.  Is quite sad actually as they would have to be always checking over their shoulder.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I've ran into a few farang overstaying knuckleheads who just live with an attitude of dismissiveness and denial.  Delaying the inevitable unless they can sort it out somehow.  

Digging deeper, I discover they are hopelessly lost, pathetic souls, desperately not wanting to face reality of going back to their homes. Add alcoholism and other substance abuses as well as some form of mental disorder and that generally fits the profile.  Is quite sad actually as they would have to be always checking over their shoulder.  

And criminals on the run

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear Mr Craig,   now you have to go back home.

or find better country to go to.  ,that welcome people. , seems he lived there spent his money. told to go never come back. ,why would he. , i fail to understand why thailand make all the fuss to get people to go. , ones that do wish to stay they make there life difficult. looking at. life in thailand who would wont to stay. ,DO. Thai people know the rest world and holiday resorts are open and life has got back to normal. ,most Europe over 80% people have been vaccinated. ,thais been short changed by there government , there are many nice places in the world. ,old thailand has gone. ,was easy fun and cheap. ,those days will never come back. ,history.  ,pleased i saw the end 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1