Over-stayers beware! BMW smart car comes for Brit who didn't renew his visa - blacklisted for 5 years

webfact

Yeah, I once had 1173 days overstay. Those were a blessed times! 20K at DonMuang -flew to Penang -> got new dual tourist Visa and return back to LOS

So far I know many foreigners happily overstaying in budget appartment along Lard Prao inside those freakishly twisted sois, getting <deleted> with motocycle guys and doing local LBFMs. None was ever arrested. 

• Sad 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, gk10012001 said:

How can a person take such a risk?  There were plenty of ways to avoid this, and plenty of time to get things straightened out, COVID and lockdowns or not.  Just a horrible choice of risk vs. reward

Arrogance or stupidity????

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This isn't "making the news in Thailand", it's just been reported where there is an obvious interest in it and republished here.

You could have fooled me

https://www.naewna.com/local/609332

"You could have fooled me..."

Clearly.

Obviously, it's there, that's where this forum got it from!   It takes more than one appearance in a local rag to be considered to be "making the news", i.e. going viral or attracting more attention that normal, as your tone seemed to suggest.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, nausea said:

Interesting how things change. At one time it was 20k on departure and a sob story about falling in love with a Thai girl, and all was forgiven. Now it's a hanging offence.

If u cant pay the 20K ur stucked until its paid.Ur locked up.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Clearly.

Obviously, it's there, that's where this forum got it from!   It takes more than one appearance in a local rag to be considered to be "making the news", i.e. going viral or attracting more attention that normal, as your tone seemed to suggest.

If you scrolled down on the link that I provided you with, you would have seen the Facebook, Twitter etc buttons to click on, i.e. it wasn't on Facebook as you suggested as Asean Now also provided the link where they got it from, anyways, whatever, a little trigger happy clicking on 3 times = 3 email notifications to me of the same reply. 

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 10/18/2021 at 5:04 AM, BangkokReady said:

Are they claiming that they roam around in these cars and their cameras and facial recognition software scan and identify everyone they see and check their immigration status?

Or did someone just grass him up?

I don't think facial recognition software will very well when everyone is wearing a mask that covers half of the face.

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Clearly.

Expand  

If you scrolled down on the link that I provided you with, you would have seen the Facebook, Twitter etc buttons to click on, i.e. it wasn't on Facebook as you suggested as Asean Now also provided the link where they got it from, anyways, whatever, a little trigger happy clicking on 3 times = 3 email notifications to me of the same reply. 

"...i.e. it wasn't on Facebook as you suggested..."

Yes, you sure are "a little trigger happy".   I didn't suggest that it was on Facebook, I never mentioned Facebook!   The link that Thaivisa got it from is the only place that it seems to have been reported and I did, specifically, mention that "Naew Na", i.e. the link in the OP, was were this forum sourced it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you sure are "a little trigger happy".   I didn't suggest that it was on Facebook, I never mentioned Facebook!   The link that Thaivisa got it from is the only place that it seems to have been reported and I specifically mentioned that "Naew Na", i.e. the link in the OP, was were this forum sourced it.

Sure is a lot of editing going on.

Edited yesterday at 08:58 PM by Liverpool Lou

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you sure are "a little trigger happy".   I didn't suggest that it was on Facebook, I never mentioned Facebook!   The link that Thaivisa got it from is the only place that it seems to have been reported and I specifically mentioned that "Naew Na", i.e. the link in the OP, was were this forum sourced it.

Expand  

Sure is a lot of editing going on.

Bit of a stickler for grammar and my comments being clear, you have an objection to that?   At least I haven't edited out any Facebook reference that you claimed that I made!

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Interesting how things change. At one time it was 20k on departure and a sob story about falling in love with a Thai girl, and all was forgiven. Now it's a hanging offence.

Of course that is what the 90 day report is for. If you don't show up for your 90 day report the the wheels of Immigrations Hitec Computer Technology grind into action. Then nothing happens. Which proves its as much use as a one legged man in an a*** kicking contest. Not quite. It's a nice little earner for the IO when you do show up.????

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

We have a forum full of individuals who think its routinely acceptable to break visa rules not by  say 2 days but by a month or in the case of the OP 1 entire year

For years before 2014, the Thai government agreed with them...  Back then, it was quite possible to clear a 5 year overstay for 20K baht, bounce the border, and be back in Thailand the next day.  For a lot of the guys in Thailand, the vast majority of their stay was under those conditions, and the crackdowns are the anomaly. 

Frankly, I don't understand the "hang 'em high" brigade, who haven't been harmed one iota by this guy.  Over the years, I've seen a lot of them change their tune when their particular loophole slammed shut and they found themselves on the outs.  Crying in their beer.

Edited by impulse

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

You obviously do not understand the word "bigot"

Unless you have been living in a cave, you will know What I stated, albeit with some sarcasm,  was in fact true!!

Gee smokey, thanks for the language lesson, though despite the fact that you are the ringing voice of reason im hard pressed to understand why you would feel the need to bemoan uk immigration policies here.

Perhaps you were using this topic to grind one of your favourite, apparently factual, axes?  

I sure you had no unspoken agenda, though.

9 hours ago, Chivas said:

We have a forum full of individuals who think its routinely acceptable to break visa rules not by  say 2 days but by a month or in the case of the OP 1 entire year

I dont think it acceptable at all. It is clearly against the current policy and I think 5 years is a pretty reasonable slap on the wrist. With the family and  freinds I have here it would be devastsing.

Nor do in think a single dolt whose crircumstances I neither know nor care to understand is worth all the strident righteousness you bring to bear on the topic.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:41 PM, gk10012001 said:

How can a person take such a risk?  There were plenty of ways to avoid this, and plenty of time to get things straightened out, COVID and lockdowns or not.  Just a horrible choice of risk vs. reward

My idiot ex friend from Singapore bought a Fortuner and a 2 be condo all  on overstay , I always wondered why he wanted me to drive him around , finally got caught walking Naked in Korat high as hell on ketamine lol, Deported and Blacklisted 

Edited by Ireland32

13 hours ago, n00dle said:

Gee smokey, thanks for the language lesson, though despite the fact that you are the ringing voice of reason im hard pressed to understand why you would feel the need to bemoan uk immigration policies here.

Perhaps you were using this topic to grind one of your favourite, apparently factual, axes?  

I sure you had no unspoken agenda, though.

Everything I stated is factual, its not grinding when it true. However its nice to know you that you think, "though despite the fact that you are the ringing voice of reason"

You obviously do not like my attempt at sarcasm! Fine

Have a good one!!

On 10/18/2021 at 9:40 AM, Chivas said:

5 years is not long enough. Persona Non Grata indefinately

Theres zero excuse for absolutely anyone to be on overstay (and lets be generous) for more than 30 days unless hospitalised etc

There really really isn't. Thailand are far too soft on this

Give the guy a little slack.

Apparently he wasn't wanted for any crimes and it's reasonable to assume that he was probably supporting a Thai family. If not a family then the local shops etc.

What harm has he done?

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:50 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Cheapness, laziness, thinking immigration outside of the big tourist cities won't really be looking for or care about overstayers. ????‍♂️

Yeah right.

These guys are mostly trying to stay under the radar for myriad reasons e.g. not enough money in bank but enough to take care of themselves and in many cases Thai families.

What's the view like from your high moral ground?

• Haha 1