Over-stayers beware! BMW smart car comes for Brit who didn't renew his visa - blacklisted for 5 years

webfact

what happans in such case to all the assets the farang has in thailand?

is hefree for few days to collect his stuff or must stay in the immigration jail

and from there to the airport?

and what if he has some money in thai bank account, sent from abroad?

will he be allowed to get the money, cash or otherwise?

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I had a Dutch friend who went three years overstay; cost him 60,000 Baht including new Extension and nod nod, wink wink, say no more !

are you absolutely sure about it? because if it is not true, you might push some innocent people

to break the law and risk deportation and even jail.

He will be supporting their British economy rather than the Thai economy and he will get all the financial help he needs if he has no job or place to live that’s why we have so many illegal immigrants trying to get into the U.K. as the country is very generous in giving hand outs. 

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

I'm quite surprised they did not make him re-enact the crime by overstaying another year, like every other person they parade about.

And don't forget the finger pointing by IO at his passport!

6 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I got internet on my phone which I carry with me.  And I grew up using rotary dial telephones!  Eiesenhower was president when I was born.  I remember using pay phones and thought those were pretty cool to be able to call home from most places if needed and if I could find a dime !  Remember putting dimes in the top of my loafer shoes!  It really came in handy some times

Eisenhower was still a 4-star general when I was born. 

2 hours ago, Chaichara said:

I remember pay phones in our UK town where you picked up the phone and waited for the operator to say "Number please". Then when she had connected, you put three pennies in and pressed button A.

Eisenhower was POTUS and Clement Attlee was UK PM. I might be old, but I never forget to renew my visa.

I think you may need to renew your history recall.

There was never a time when Attlee was UK PM and Eisenhower was POTUS. Attlee was voted out 1950, Eisenhower did not get in until 1952.

And you had to put 4 pennies in. The 3 penny boxes (STD) were introduced much later and had no Button A.

Are you sure you renewed? Best check......

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This time the car - fitted with high tech gizmos like an internet connection - nabbed a British man

Probably nothing hi-tech about it. He was walking down the street an obvious foreigner. The Immigration guys were driving by, admittedly in a car, and stopped him and asked to see his passport. 

More about boots on the ground than hi-tech.

Just decided Covid Visa Amnesty (finished 30 Sept 20 ?) would never End ?

Covid Extention or Longstay Visa just was not for him it seems. Probable “Visa Exempt” leftover ?

Any more detail of his visa status ? 

Favourite Overstay Story here was that Hungarian woman on Samui /Eleven Years ! Record Surely. Or that French guy doing two overstays of 3 & 5 years, entering overland illegally….twice ! or Indian guy with 8 years OS recently….. fascinating tales of unhinged desperate folk…. 

The “law & system” here for Foreigners is Profit - Humiliation - Control, nothing else.

Member posted here about a 60k bribe to “remove” a six year westerner overstay. Too Cheap so hard to believe. But plausible if it was 600k.Road rage thai murderers of foreigners walk free after token one night in jail. Everything For Sale here.

5 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Favourite Overstay Story here was that Hungarian woman on Samui

I have a Swedish friend on Samui that moved there 1974.

He went to Sweden for medical treatment 15 years ago, so this time he's only on 15 years overstay.

He's 88 now and immigrations don't want to arrest him because they are afraid he'll die in custody.

• Thanks 1

Brown nosers anonymous perhaps? True, abiding by a country's rules is necessary, but doesn't that also include all of the human trafficking that goes on here, with the help of some tainted officials, the gun violence that matches the US per capita, the drug dealing, the corruption that mirrors all countries worse, bar girls that try and take farangs for everything then kick them to the curb, no child support enforcement for citizens, and a thousand other offenses? Rules are for everyone.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I'd better keep my head down then as I'm on a 22 day overstay & counting... 

Obviously I'm not (did my annual extension in August & it's good till 26th September 2022) but according to Immigration records I am ???? 

1E030A6B-42CC-4101-8872-3CD7A985F0BA.thumb.jpeg.6fe078a461fb59ad3ac08e93ce841041.jpeg

It's not like they don't know where to find me seeing as I've done a TM30 & 90 Day Report in the past 3 weeks :s 

Just stay away from any smart looking BMWs.

And the UK Mrs Craig will be at LHR to meet him, I bet she has some questions about his 2 weeks holiday with the lads, what excuse can he possibly have for being 11 months late home.

All jokes aside - these people are fools, whatever the reason - why'd you want to be looking over your shoulder every minute, not the way to enjoy Thailand.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Do you honestly think that this would make news overseas, scores of people get caught for overstay in other countries, nothing to brag about, i.e. unless your xenophobic.

This isn't "making the news in Thailand", it's just been reported where there is an obvious interest in it and republished here.

Edited by Liverpool Lou