International COVID-19 Vaccine Passport

ezzra

No actual requirements yet. Inability to decide on unified Digital Vaccine Passport is the biggest shambles of lack of international cooperation in history of aviation. Every country wants own system

Airlines CEOs have commented on it the have no choice but to go it alone, piecemeal. I guess they don't care 30 plus percent of paper certificates from 180 countries will be fakes they just want to bring back idle fleets and get bums in seats. Result will be multiple unneeded tests departure then arrival. You will pay for it.

Bumrungard process way too complicated I get the similar for free at point of vaccination in US no more docs no need to present a flight ticket. https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/covid-19-vaccine-passport

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No actual requirements yet. Inability to decide on unified Digital Vaccine Passport is the biggest shambles of lack of international cooperation in history of aviation. Every country wants own system

Airlines CEOs have commented on it the have no choice but to go it alone, piecemeal. I guess they don't care 30 plus percent of paper certificates from 180 countries will be fakes they just want to bring back idle fleets and get bums in seats. Result will be multiple unneeded tests departure then arrival. You will pay for it.

Bumrungard process way too complicated I get the similar for free at point of vaccination in US no more docs no need to present a flight ticket. https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/covid-19-vaccine-passport

Actually it is in effect already as a friend who need to fly out this week is being asked to have this certificate and now he's scarring all over the place to secure one as all appointments to get one are full for the next few days...

47 minutes ago, tonray said:

And this is not a requirement per se, this is Thailand's attempt at making it easier for travelers where airlines or destination countries might require this document for travel. 

Almost all airlines and countries require this status before flying or entry. 

One's vaccination certificate/documentation acts as a "vaccine passport"

• Like 1

Just now, zzaa09 said:

Almost all airlines and countries require this status before flying or entry. 

One's vaccination certificate/documentation acts as a "vaccine passport"

What I was saying was this "International Vaccine Passport" was not a requirement. Proof of vaccination is not the same.

Well it is good that Thailand is taking steps to develop a paper (yawn????) certificate that should be accepted by other countries.  But how to verify by 100s of countries a red Garuda stamp that can be faked?

The US certificate is a joke but I guess it is take it or leave it. Too easy to fake. It can be researched in investigative proceedings by using lot numbers and shot dates. Some liars and criminals have been fired from jobs, and arrested in Hawaii and Canada already.  

It would be better if airlines and countries just accepted WALMARTs QR code.

25 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Fly out to where? Does Thailand require it to leave the country?

I flew to Thailand and Germany and with the US certificate.

Yes flying out to Singapore, and this new requirement come as a shock as everything else was in place and now this and as he's in Pattaya where any place that can provide such certificate is fully booked for the next couple of days...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How about all of us who were vaccinated outside the country, Is there a mechanism to convert my US vaccination certificate into a Thai vaccine passport. ??

Good question, that is what i'd like to know as well...

40 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Fly out to where? Does Thailand require it to leave the country?

I flew to Thailand and Germany and with the US certificate.

Some have placed in their mind that they require some sort of special internationally recognized documentation, outside of the one that they are already carrying - I don't know of any country that hasn't issued proper and authorized certificates, cards, documentation to accompany their respective vaccination programs/procedures. 

Your completed COVID card acts as an official certificate for passage, travel and whatnot. I, too, have traveled internationally - vaccine era - recently. Appears that the official vaccine card is sufficient.

Actually, I believe that this unrealistic ideal of an "International Vaccine Passport" faded some months ago. 

Edited by zzaa09
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Some have placed in their mind that they require some sort of special internationally recognized documentation, outside of the one that they are already carrying - I don't know of any country that hasn't issued proper and authorized certificates, cards, documentation to accompany their respective vaccination programs/procedures. 

Your completed COVID card acts as an official certificate for passage, travel and whatnot. 

Actually, I believe that this unrealistic ideal of an "International Vaccine Passport" faded some months ago. 

The US has issued cards you get at point of vaccination. It was accepted to enter Germany and Thailand sandbox. It was accepted to get into a NYC restaurant. Japan has something similar to Thailand where you get a vaccination done first then apply for their international certificate that is already recognozed by  some countries. For the International Digital Health passports by the time countries decide on what, and who pays and profits by it the  covid pandemic will be over. Maybe in 5 years. It is going to continue to be a piecemeal system where international travel to various countries will require complex research and complex diverging rules.

Maybe there is a future for travel agents after all!

If I were your friend I would visit Pattayarak Health Unit, show them the airline reservation, this is an emergency.

They  accept 50 appointments a day. May be there are no-shows, may be someone is willing to give up his spot.

Give it a try, better then not doing anything.

As a deterrent to fraud Thailand Immigration Police should randomly review the CDC vaccination cards used by Americans who enter Thailand and send scammers to Thai jail for 30 days. Fish head soup, concrete floor and leg irons, the whole shebang. Then transfer to IDC for deportation!

• Haha 1

I've been looking into getting an  a vaccine passport. 

I've had one AZ in BKK, and one AZ in London. 

I have the full paperwork from the UK, and MorProm app showing my vaccine here BKK. 

So can I get the vaccine passport here with my 2 vaccines?

Anyone have any experience with this situation? 

Thanks 

Gee

Thanks for your reply.... 

Do you know this from experience? 

Sounds about right... 

Cheers 

Gee 

I've been looking into getting an  a vaccine passport. 

I've had one AZ in BKK, and one AZ in London. 

I have the full paperwork from the UK, and MorProm app showing my vaccine here BKK. 

So can I get the vaccine passport here with my 2 vaccines?

Anyone have any experience with this situation? 

Thanks 

Gee

Getting an appointment for a Vaccine Passport in Bangkok is very difficult indeed. I need to fly out in early Nov for work and can't get an appointment. 

But do airlines actually need the passport - or do they accept the certification of vaccination?

Anyone know?

Thanks

j

• 2 weeks later...

Australians can apply for an International Immunization Certificate through their MyGov Account in the Medicare section.

Email a copy of your Thai Vaccination Certificate to your local GP in Australia. He/She will forward it onto the Australian Immunization Register. You will get an email from the MyGov site when the Register has been updated updated (about 3 hours).

Go into the site and download the Covid 19 Digital Certificate.PDF file. Go into the International Certificate option, fill in the details and a Certificate will be issued immediately in PDF format which you can download as well.

AUS Covid Certificate 2.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

If you are an expat of any years how would you have "your local GP" in Australia. Have not had one for 11 years and the last one has retired.

Prior to Covid I went back to Aus at least once but mostly twice a year to visit my family and friends so maintaining a relationship with a GP is no problem for me.

13 hours ago, greg71 said:

I have the my gov app but as i dont have an australian phone number i cannot access the site at all as it send a confirmation code . 

That's why my phone has 2 sim cards, Thai and Aus, for this situation and to receive OTP's in both directions.