UK PENSION INCOME CONFIRMATION

DPKANKAN

I know this is not a new subject, but this simple solution could resolve and remove responsibility from the Embassy confirming pension income for retiree expats.

As everyone is aware, the reason given by the Embassy for not certifying income was that they did not have the ability to actually confirm that letters or paperwork provided to them were correct. However, for many personal legal documents, say for proof of divorce, addresses etc. etc., we as individuals would and indeed still do, provide legalized paperwork duly notarized, by a Solicitor or Notary Public for that purpose.

Therefore, as the Embassy is aware of our visa requirements as expats, surely if we provided, proper legalized documents to them it would absolve them of said responsibility as they can rest assured, as any other legal process does, that the paperwork is 100% correct.

Whilst not wanting to write about the continued hassle of the annual visa paperwork, I and many others here are still tax payers in the UK, even as non residents.

In conclusion, I would ask that given this pretty simple solution, could not our Embassy return to assisting us in this matter?

Thank You

• Haha 2

"I and many others here are still tax payers in the UK, even as non residents.

In conclusion, I would ask that given this pretty simple solution, could not our Embassy return to assisting us in this matter?"

And that's the point that the UK Government conveniently wish to forget. You are, and have been paying for "consular services". Your suggestions seems very reasonable and logical, but will no doubt fall on deaf ears, there's a pool party and Christmas bash to get organised don't you know. So far to busy to be offering practical solutions to aid the expat community.

Why bother being proactive and and help resolve matters when they can just ignore real issues.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, DPKANKAN said:

In conclusion, I would ask that given this pretty simple solution, could not our Embassy return to assisting us in this matter?

Unfortunately, simplicity is no longer the watchword as far as the UK government as a whole - and not just the Embassy - is concerned. On the contrary, its clear aim is to make our lives here in LOS as difficult and complicated as is humanly possible - in accomplishing which it is, of course, being eagerly aided and abetted by its Thai counterpart. Take the excessively bureaucratic procedures which have been inflicted on us over the past 10 years in the areas of passport renewal (thanks to HMPO) and State Pension life certificates (thanks to IPC) as 2 examples of this.

And, when it comes to legalising UK documents, it would not just be a straightforward matter of some solicitor's or notary public's stamp proving sufficient these days, I'm afraid. Rather, it is now full compliance with a particularly cumbersome legalisation process, as described in all its horrendous detail in the link below, which would be the strict order of the day as far as the Embassy's FCDO masters in Whitehall were concerned:-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf

Edited by OJAS