Truckers stage rally to demand diesel price peg at 25 baht per litre

snoop1130

truck-2.jpg

Hundreds of trucks and their drivers, affiliated with the Land Transport Federation of Thailand, gathered this morning (Tuesday) at muster points on six main routes in different parts of the country, in a show of “truck power” to press their demand for the diesel price to be pegged at 25 baht/litre for a period of one year.

The federation, however, assured the public that the trucks will not enter Bangkok, to avoid inconvenience to motorists and commuters.

The six main routes affected are:

• Rama II linking with Kanchanapisek Road, starting at Ratchaburi’s Muang district, through Pak Tho junction, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon and ending at the outskirts of Bangkok and returning to Samut Sakhon
  • Borommaratchachonnani and Kanchanapisek roads, starting at the cargo terminal on Buddha Monthon, through Kanchanapisek, across The Mall Bang Khae Bridge and U-turn at Buddha Monthon 6 Road
  • Asian highway linking Bang Pa-in in Ayutthaya province
  • Bang Na-Trat highway linking with the western section of Kanchanapisek Road in Samut Prakan.
  • Sukhumvit Road in Si Racha district of Chon Buri, from Laem Chabang deep-sea port through Ao-udom district and U-turn back to the sea port
  • Ubon Ratchathani province

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/truckers-stage-rally-to-demand-diesel-price-peg-at-25-baht-per-litre/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, seedy said:

This protest is not about people who drive pickups

It is about people who drive Class One and Class 3 trucks for a living, the deterioration of their wages while the cost of living climbs ever upward.

Everything - world wide - you use daily, live in, wear, is brought to you by trucks.

How hard is it for them .......UP the price , thats gets  passed on to everyone, thats just how it  is

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

Diesel is the fuel of the devil, filthy poison blasted out into the atmosphere to kill anyone and everyone that has no choice to breathe it. Price should reflect the environmental damage it does like in the civilised world.

and  just 16  years  ago my govt (UK) advised  that I  buy a diesel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Do you make a Living with driving your Ute?

Strange comment... If I was making a living, I would be there with the truckers demonstrating.

But I still want cheap fuel for my transport. I live in the boonies, there is no alternative transport option here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

Diesel is the fuel of the devil, filthy poison blasted out into the atmosphere to kill anyone and everyone that has no choice to breathe it. Price should reflect the environmental damage it does like in the civilised world.

No barbies at your place then....????

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Strange comment... If I was making a living, I would be there with the truckers demonstrating.

But I still want cheap fuel for my transport. I live in the boonies, there is no alternative transport option here.

Not a strange comment ,If you don't have to make a living with driving your Ute then there isn't a reason to protest  we are all in the same boat. Of course we all want cheap fuel but this is a protest from the truck drivers who have to make a living with their trucks that's more imported then the extra couple THB we have to pay .