Truckers stage rally to demand diesel price peg at 25 baht per litre

snoop1130

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Not a strange comment ,If you don't have to make a living with driving your Ute then there isn't a reason to protest  we are all in the same boat. Of course we all want cheap fuel but this is a protest from the truck drivers who have to make a living with their trucks that's more imported then the extra couple THB we have to pay .

I don't know what a Ute is, but for whatever it's worth:

The increased diesel price does not only affect the liter price at the pump. It's not only that I have to pay some extra baht, in fact 30% more over the past 6 years, but in Thailand everything is transported by the trucks. From the foodstuff to roof tiles. So increased diesel price affects a lot of items apart from truckers income. And considering that during these Covid times a lot of Thais have lost their income, they are right to be angry.

Please stop comparing fuel prices in your county to Thailand. Consider that the minimum wage there is 30 or more times higher than here, and there is a well developed transport and communication infrastructure. And if you're unemployed your government will look after you (unless you're American). You are a millionaire here with you foreign income or pension so maybe a few baht extra to pay does not affect you much, but a lot of ordinary Thais suffer. I hear it every day from my wife, and I spend considerable amount of resources to help my immediate family here.

17 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I don't know what a Ute is, but for whatever it's worth:

The increased diesel price does not only affect the liter price at the pump. It's not only that I have to pay some extra baht, in fact 30% more over the past 6 years, but in Thailand everything is transported by the trucks. From the foodstuff to roof tiles. So increased diesel price affects a lot of items apart from truckers income. And considering that during these Covid times a lot of Thais have lost their income, they are right to be angry.

Please stop comparing fuel prices in your county to Thailand. Consider that the minimum wage there is 30 or more times higher than here, and there is a well developed transport and communication infrastructure. And if you're unemployed your government will look after you (unless you're American). You are a millionaire here with you foreign income or pension so maybe a few baht extra to pay does not affect you much, but a lot of ordinary Thais suffer. I hear it every day from my wife, and I spend considerable amount of resources to help my immediate family here.

What we call in Aus a Ute is a vehicle that's like a car with a loading space in the back they call that in most countries a Truck.

Even 4wd Toyo's ,Mazda's,Mitsub's  and the likes we call Utes.

In  Aus a Truck  is  a vehicle  Bigger than a Ute and can carry more Weight from One  Tonne  to whatever Hundreds of tonne.  

Oh one more thing I didn't compare the fuel price  from my country with the Thai fuel price .you must have red that somewhere else.