I have bitten the bullet and booked the flight!!

Scouse123

14 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

We either get motivated and moving forwards and stop the media controlling our lives with the fear factor, or we sit waiting for the perfect opportunity and constantly make excuses for delaying what must be done, and that is to live with, and adapt to this nuisance virus.

I can't speak for others, but I delayed my trip to the US (I'm here now) for over a year not because of the media or a refusal to adapt to the virus, but because of the very real Thai quarantine requirements that I wanted to avoid if at all possible.

14 hours ago, Oxx said:

You may have a nasty surprise if the new rules are anything like the sandbox rules.  Under the latter you have to have been in the country of departure (in your case the UK) for 3 weeks, otherwise you'll be in for the full (and expensive) ASQ experience.

Even under the original Sandbox rules, a three week stay in the country of departure was not required if you were flying from Thailand to an approved country (even for only a day or two) and then returning directly to Thailand. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll need a vaccine passport \ yellow book thing to fly, don't leave it too late or else

It's certainly worth getting the paper "passport" just in case, but most countries and airlines would accept (or even prefer) the "certificate" with QR code produced by the vaccinating hospital or Mor Prom. The only issue could be if the certificate was in Thai language only.

Edited by khunjeff

Have a safe trip.   

Are you guys quoting round trip airline prices?  Or one way?  How is long haul international flight costs compared to pre covid?  

I don't plan to travel but my little paper I got with my JJ jab is so simple I don't think it will qualify as a passport.  I haven't read how to get an official vax passport. Hmm.  

One last concern.  Here in Utah the latest stats are 25% of positive tests ( now running 15% +) are fully vaxed people.   And no sinovac here.   Yes deaths and hospitalizations are factor of 10 less.  

Winter cold  hitting early this year so it will be interesting to see how numbers go in November. 

7 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Thailand seems hell bent on opening the country in spite of rising Covid cases.

Madness.

the powers in thailand are getting pressure from tourism authorities to open up.  thailand is willing to accept more covid numbers to open economy and partially save high season.  didnt u ever watch the deer hunter and the russian roulette scene? time to open up come hell or high water.  heck in usa we get tons of covid cases we are over it.  either live in freedom or die in fear.  open!

• Like 2

I am confused. Do you need the Thai Vaccine passport or not???
Getting one of those things is nearly impossible now. 
I need to fly early November. And I have two AZ shots and the certificate.
So do I actually need the passport?

Thanks

Edited by JRG23
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Can't get that below 92,000 Bkk to London return????

I am going to Manchester at that price but I am going November 2nd till 20th, what are your dates?

15 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I am confused. Do you need the Thai Vaccine passport or not???
Getting one of those things is nearly impossible now. 
I need to fly early November. And I have two AZ shots and the certificate.
So do I actually need the passport?

Thanks

I have a vaccine paper signed and stamped by hospital, I have back up on my phone with Mor Prom app. That's it. Kalasin told me they don't do Yellow passport books. As far as I am concerned, I am good to go, the check in staff cannot argue with this as this is what the hospitals are giving out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Have a safe trip.   

Are you guys quoting round trip airline prices?  Or one way?  How is long haul international flight costs compared to pre covid?  

I don't plan to travel but my little paper I got with my JJ jab is so simple I don't think it will qualify as a passport.  I haven't read how to get an official vax passport. Hmm.  

One last concern.  Here in Utah the latest stats are 25% of positive tests ( now running 15% +) are fully vaxed people.   And no sinovac here.   Yes deaths and hospitalizations are factor of 10 less.  

Winter cold  hitting early this year so it will be interesting to see how numbers go in November. 

I am quoting round trip prices from Bangkok- Doha- Manchester.

I have a great deal at 72,000 baht for Q suites when other posters are saying they paid 120,000 baht for similar trip and same class of travel to the UK.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

I am going to Manchester at that price but I am going November 2nd till 20th, what are your dates?

I have a vaccine paper signed and stamped by hospital, I have back up on my phone with Mor Prom app. That's it. Kalasin told me they don't do Yellow passport books. As far as I am concerned, I am good to go, the check in staff cannot argue with this as this is what the hospitals are giving out.

Out Nov 25 to LHR, returning from Gatwick Feb 15

• Like 1

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Your comments about the media are a bit strange

They are trying to report the facts even if they don' like it.

I for one are not scared or frightened of the media in any way

Have a good trip

It depends which media and which way they are leaning regarding the vaccines and also many have an agenda!

This leads to massive confusion and certainly not all the media are reporting impartially and just giving fair minded facts!

I am confused by the OP. Is he going to the UK or coming to Thailand? There are no issues going to The UK. Life is being conducted as normal. The real issue is returning here. My solution would be to buy an expensive, very adaptable/transferable ticket with no stopover. 

I think things will get easier here when the nationwide vaccine  coverage is greater

37 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

the powers in thailand are getting pressure from tourism authorities to open up.  thailand is willing to accept more covid numbers to open economy and partially save high season.  didnt u ever watch the deer hunter and the russian roulette scene? time to open up come hell or high water.  heck in usa we get tons of covid cases we are over it.  either live in freedom or die in fear.  open!

They are not opening up are they? They will not open up freely until there is a 70% immunization rate. They are being wise and cautious and observing and following Europe.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They are not opening up are they? They will not open up freely until there is a 70% immunization rate. They are being wise and cautious and observing and following Europe.

I am sorry but I am not going through all this again, you need to read the thread from the start.

Have you not tuned in to Thai government announcements over this last week?

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I am sorry but I am not going through all this again, you need to read the thread from the start.

Have you not tuned in to Thai government announcements over this last week?

Well they change a lot and will change again no doubt. Haven't you read the government's contradictory announcements recently? Your submission was a bit garbled and not sequenced in order but if you are flying from here, Thailand to the UK then your immediate concerns are only with UK rules and regulations. All else is irrelevant until 4 months from now. The Hellish state of Britain currently seems to have little to do with Covid but broader political, economic and government issues. I am amused that you regard queues at LHR as a positive sign. Don't you read the British newspapers? The staffing ineptitude at LHR is a scandal. Better to use another airport. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well they change a lot and will change again no doubt. Haven't you read the government's contradictory announcements recently? Your submission was a bit garbled and not sequenced in order but if you are flying from here, Thailand to the UK then your immediate concerns are only with UK rules and regulations. All else is irrelevant until 4 months from now. The Hellish state of Britain currently seems to have little to do with Covid but broader political, economic and government issues. I am amused that you regard queues at LHR as a positive sign. Don't you read the British newspapers? The staffing ineptitude at LHR is a scandal. Better to use another airport. 

If you read my OP you will see clearly that I am flying from Thailand.

You will also see that my son referred to Suvarnabhumi airport regards queues and numbers of people, not a UK airport.  I mentioned the airport by name. The UK doesn't have an airport by the name Suvarnabhumi.

Again if you read my responses to a number of posts,  I state clearly I am going to Manchester not LHR. My mention of LHR was in relation to another poster asking about flight prices.

I have reread my OP post and it looks OK to me and NOT one other poster appears to have been confused by where I am flying from and where I am flying to.

Lastly, because I am flying shortly I keep up to speed with all government announcements,  newspapers and TV reports regarding travel and ever changing COVID19 announcements and updates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

if you are flying from here, Thailand to the UK then your immediate concerns are only with UK rules and regulations. All else is irrelevant until 4 months from now.

Why is everything "irrelevant until 4 months from now"?

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This post is confusing.

What is the PURPOSE of your travel?

This has not yet been made clear on this post.

Business and pleasure.

Why does anybody travel?

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

not based on people i know flying home imminently

With which airline ?

For travel to the UK a PCR test is only a requirement for non-vaccinated arrivals. 

Some ‘Airlines may’ stipulate their own requirements, but none that I have checked, they (most) defer to the official requirements of the arrival and transit countries. 

Example: Emirates & Qatar Airlines. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:50 AM, Scouse123 said:

If that happens, I will simply change my return flight.

However, I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this when they really are desperate to establish an opening up of the country and are very aware of public feelings and opinions regards previous sandboxes.

"I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this". How can you say that when you know, or I assume you know, that this unelected, poorly educated, military government are guilty of making changes all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope everything goes well for you, and I think you are doing the right thing, but it is just that statement you made, this government over complicates things all the time, they are soldiers, not politicians.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:59 AM, Lite Beer said:

Thailand seems hell bent on opening the country in spite of rising Covid cases.

Madness.

"rising Covid cases" Are you sure about that? Do you really want Thailand, or all the other countries to carry on the way they are now?

According to statistics, the Cvirus cases are falling, though I do take a lot of posters points that these statistics may not be true for some reason or another, but the whole world needs to start opening up and accept that there will be collateral damage.

If you look at statistics the world over, job losses, suicides, etc, etc, the so called cures have been worse than the disease.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:50 PM, Scouse123 said:

If that happens, I will simply change my return flight.

However, I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this when they really are desperate to establish an opening up of the country and are very aware of public feelings and opinions regards previous sandboxes.

Good luck on your flights both to the UK and returning to Thailand.  A follow up thread about your experience going through each country's bureaucratic mess would be informative to all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

i went to europe this summer all i had to do was get a swab test before going , and book a room thier and get vacced that was the extent of requirements. the thai requirements are endless.  

• Like 1