I have bitten the bullet and booked the flight!!

Scouse123

Just now, Hanuman2547 said:

Good luck on your flights both to the UK and returning to Thailand.  A follow up thread about your experience going through each country's bureaucratic mess would be informative to all.

im in process of coming to thailand now.  my god the paperwork is endless.  borderline abuse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Good luck on your flights both to the UK and returning to Thailand.  A follow up thread about your experience going through each country's bureaucratic mess would be informative to all.

Consider it done as soon as possibly on my return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this". How can you say that when you know, or I assume you know, that this unelected, poorly educated, military government are guilty of making changes all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope everything goes well for you, and I think you are doing the right thing, but it is just that statement you made, this government over complicates things all the time, they are soldiers, not politicians.

Yes,

you are right of course and I agree with you and regards the military lot in power, some of it is my wit and is hopeful optimism and some is tongue in cheek.

• Like 2

Guys,

I will do a trip report and try to be as informative as possible without boring you and stick to the points I think will be important to you all.

I am keeping my guard up and doing my best regards following social distancing, avoiding crowds and wearing a mask as I don't want issues on my return to Thailand.

I am staying aware as there is a large uptick in cases in the UK, I am not afraid of Covid and I am double vaxxed but I don't want quarantine on my return if I can avoid it.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, topt said:

and you don't think the OP has read this.......?

My vaccine cert has all the information mentioned on the gov.uk page you mentioned and would guess that most vaccine certificates issued would also. If they don't then you need to do something about it.

It so happens that I am also going to try and get the vaccination passport because there is somewhere to get it in Pattaya. If I had to go to Bangkok then I would not bother.

As it is I had to make an appointment at Pattaya and if I had left it any later I would have not been able to get it before my flight. The appointment book was filled with names for 8 working days ahead and theoretically, when I went last week, you were supposed to have a booked flight to get on the list.

Mate, I've no idea what the OP may or may not have read. He says he has certification from Kalasin Hospital. I'm sure it's a fine institution but is it counted as "a national or state-level public health authority" as per the stated UK requirements for a vaccine certificate? Maybe no-one gives a #### when you travel or maybe they do and OP finds himself at the check-in counter being told "must have yellow vaccine passport".

I hope the OP has a smooth journey back and a great time back in UK. Feet up in a Q Suite enjoying the excellent wine and food. Not having to wear a foetid face mask outside when back in UK, or indeed most places unless you choose to wear one. Able to get a drink with a meal in a restaurant. I'm counting down the days to my trip back. 

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

we are leaving soon, and will be away for a long time.

Good luck , have a nice trip , and don't forget to post on here about your life in the US

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully, by the time we return the zombie apocalypse consciousness, the panic, the grief, will have subsided.

Not sure about this  ...

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

I will do a trip report and try to be as informative as possible without boring you and stick to the points I think will be important to you all.

I am keeping my guard up and doing my best regards following social distancing, avoiding crowds and wearing a mask as I don't want issues on my return to Thailand.

I am staying aware as there is a large uptick in cases in the UK, I am not afraid of Covid and I am double vaxxed but I don't want quarantine on my return if I can avoid it.

Dont forget to visit Evertons new ground on the dock, take a few photos for us, scousers here, scousers there.  ????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Mate, I've no idea what the OP may or may not have read. He says he has certification from Kalasin Hospital. I'm sure it's a fine institution but is it counted as "a national or state-level public health authority" as per the stated UK requirements for a vaccine certificate? Maybe no-one gives a #### when you travel or maybe they do and OP finds himself at the check-in counter being told "must have yellow vaccine passport".

I hope the OP has a smooth journey back and a great time back in UK. Feet up in a Q Suite enjoying the excellent wine and food. Not having to wear a foetid face mask outside when back in UK, or indeed most places unless you choose to wear one. Able to get a drink with a meal in a restaurant. I'm counting down the days to my trip back. 

This below is signed and stamped at the level that Kalasin province/ state allows. This is the document that will be given by all hospitals nationwide. It is the document being used by the Thai authorities.

I do not know why people are getting excited about yellow vaccination books and as I have said before some provinces neither have them nor issue them. The official paper is below signed by the competent body and backed up by the Mor Prom app on my phone.

Please can ANYBODY show me where it states a ' yellow vaccination book ' is required?...................... I'll wait...........!

Sorry, I have removed it because you can scan the barcode and it reveals all my personal details.

However along the top it states:=

THAILAND NATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF COVID19 VACCINATION

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Dont forget to visit Evertons new ground on the dock, take a few photos for us, scousers here, scousers there.  ????

In the famous words of Bill Shankly

" If Everton were playing sat the bottom of my garden, I would draw my curtains '

and

" There's two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I am confused. Do you need the Thai Vaccine passport or not???
Getting one of those things is nearly impossible now. 
I need to fly early November. And I have two AZ shots and the certificate.
So do I actually need the passport?

Thanks

If you have the Mor Prom app you can order an “ international certificate “ for pick up or postal delivery ( forget the e-cert ).

No idea if this is the “ yellow book/passport “ but if it is cheap enough might be worthwhile for peace of mind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If you have the Mor Prom app you can order an “ international certificate “ for pick up or postal delivery

Not sure that's right.  When I tried to click "postal delivery" yesterday it wasn't available as an option.  Only "self pickup" works (two locations).  This has been reported elsewhere.

And today, the whole "international certificate" part of the app isn't working.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Not sure that's right.  When I tried to click "postal delivery" yesterday it wasn't available as an option.  Only "self pickup" works (two locations).  This has been reported elsewhere.

And today, the whole "international certificate" part of the app isn't working.

Yup, you’re right, well that was short lived !!

9 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I go to U.K. for a week  on 27th October then India for a knee replacement and return on 13 November.

I’m hoping India is one of the 10 countries that have no quarantine. I haven’t booked any ASQ yet as details are still vague.

I think you'll find India on the list, Thailand is more interested in which countries will come here and in good numbers to spend money and India will rank up there with the best of them.

I also am just awaiting further clarification from the Thai authorities to start organizing a hotel and what documents need to be uploaded and to where, etc for my return but as yet we haven't even got details of the online procedures but they are supposed to be coming very shortly.

Good luck with your knee surgery.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:31 AM, Scouse123 said:

I don't think Thai air can compare to Qatar Q suites, service, lounges or airports to be honest or indeed Qatar planes.

Thai air beat Qatar hands down on time from BKK to LHR. Service on Thai is none too shabby either.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I think you'll find India on the list, Thailand is more interested in which countries will come here and in good numbers to spend money and India will rank up there with the best of them.

I also am just awaiting further clarification from the Thai authorities to start organizing a hotel and what documents need to be uploaded and to where, etc for my return but as yet we haven't even got details of the online procedures but they are supposed to be coming very shortly.

Good luck with your knee surgery.

Thanks.

Unfortunately India is NOT on the list so I’ll have to quarantine 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Thai air beat Qatar hands down on time from BKK to LHR. Service on Thai is none too shabby either.

Great.......but not when I am going to Manchester!

Thai planes and service cannot compete with Qatar air planes, service or Q suites!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Great.......but not when I am going to Manchester!

Thai planes and service cannot compete with Qatar air planes, service or Q suites!

Quite excited about the Q suit.....used to fly regularly with the wife and four kids....so it was cattle class every time.

On my own this time so splashing out.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

The only advantage I can see is that Thai fly nonstop. 

Yeah but when travelling in Q suites and the standard of planes, it's great to get off in the Middle East, get a shower and sample the business lounges!

Also, Manchester is not a hub or place really that goes direct to Thailand.

I am happy with my decision. those trumping on about the service offered in THAI are really living in a different era regards business class standards.

I have flown business with THAI, EVA, Emirates, KLM, Etihad, and Qatar of course, and no other airline comes close.

I would love to fly business with the Japanese airlines but price and opportunity has never made it possible.

Edited by Scouse123

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You have persuaded me!!!

Bit the bullet as well, managed to get Q class for 42K, one way BKK to UK.

Might have to do economy coming back.....555

You never know, you might get upgraded, I have found for myself through experience, that they usually do that in Doha though, and not the UK-DOHA leg of the trip.

• Thanks 1