I have bitten the bullet and booked the flight!!

Scouse123

9 minutes ago, Oxx said:

You may have a nasty surprise if the new rules are anything like the sandbox rules.  Under the latter you have to have been in the country of departure (in your case the UK) for 3 weeks, otherwise you'll be in for the full (and expensive) ASQ experience.

hmm.  Good to point out and be aware of the "layover" time periods.  But if one was in Thailand prior, would that not count?

• Like 1

My wife was told me a few minutes ago that Thai Air are advertising some cheap offers to the UK  ... 18,000 economy and 84,000 Business if I remember correctly. Don't know anymore details but maybe worth a search.

That is if you don't mind flying with them  .................

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

My wife was told me a few minutes ago that Thai Air are advertising some cheap offers to the UK  ... 18,000 economy and 84,000 Business if I remember correctly. Don't know anymore details but maybe worth a search.

Have some cheap offers at the moment .

189 GBP Bangkok-London with decent airlines . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think that you will need one of those . 

If anything, it will be just a recent PCR test result 

Isnt is now just an antigen test for day two of return somehow booked and paid for on line( difficult with a Thai debit card ) the receipt number on a passenger locator form submitted and copied for check in........still too much faffing about but better than the previous 2300 pounds hotel imprisonment.

KLM showing as no pre flight PCR test required if having a vaccine certificate, not sure about other airlines.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think that you will need one of those . 

If anything, it will be just a recent PCR test result 

For the sake of THB50 it might be better to get one and not risk havoing to quarantine on arrival UK.

See below in bold;

Check if you qualify as fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated means that you have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England. The day you had your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

The vaccine must be administered under either:

• the UK vaccination programme
  • an overseas vaccination programme with an approved proof of vaccination for travel to the UK

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

For the sake of THB50 it might be better to get one and not risk havoing to quarantine on arrival UK.

See below in bold;

Check if you qualify as fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated means that you have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England. The day you had your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

The vaccine must be administered under either:

• the UK vaccination programme
  • an overseas vaccination programme with an approved proof of vaccination for travel to the UK

I was referring to people who are not fully vaccinated and therefore cannot get vaccine passport 

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

So, rightly or wrongly, I am off on my travels.

Good luck to yah & safe travels.

I am waiting for Australia to lift the one week home quarantine rule for fully vaccinated Ozzie's before I even consider returning as that would cut our holiday into 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll need a vaccine passport \ yellow book thing to fly, don't leave it too late or else

I dont actually think you need one, it just perhaps makes it easier when returning to Thailand.

I have booked an appointment for vaccine passport, but the system seems utterly useless and two weeks after booking the appointment, still nothing has been confirmed. I was just going to take my official vaccination cert, and the Mor Phrom App on the phone- i will also get a PCR/Antigen test done 72 hours before departure. All booked now, the only one which is concerning me slightly is the Vaccine passport as that one you need to deal with Thai bureaucracy rather than professionals, which is always more miss than hit.

• Like 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Good luck to yah & safe travels.

I am waiting for Australia to lift the one week home quarantine rule for fully vaccinated Ozzie's before I even consider returning as that would cut our holiday into 2.

I thought you were retired?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

Where did she see these prices?

52 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't think Thai air can compare to Qatar Q suites, service, lounges or airports to be honest or indeed Qatar planes.

Too right. Plus 72K for business return is an absolute steal. You lucked out. I'm going to UK for much of November; booked Qatar last week and am paying 56K for outward business and return economy. Business both ways was over 100K. Last time I came back on Qatar eco I was offered an upgrade for DOH-BKK for £240 which I took. Maybe that will be the case this time but if not, Qatar eco is pretty good and certainly way better than TG.

Benefit of flying via Middle East is that it means wide-body twin-aisle jets on every flight. If you go via Frankfurt or Helsinki etc, it's wide-body to Europe and then jammed into a narrow body B737 or A320 for the flight to UK.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I thought you were retired?

I am, even retirees need holidays overseas as well as domestically, otherwise what would a retiree do, sit on their a$$ all day drinking Chang or Leo, not this one mate, he is enjoying life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am, even retirees need holidays overseas as well as domestically, otherwise what would a retiree do, sit on their a$$ all day drinking Chang or Leo, not this one mate, he is enjoying life.

Yes of course, just thought if you were retired time is not such an issue, so 1 week home quarantine is not the end of the World. Conversely if you are retired no problem waiting for a few more weeks before going.

Personally when the opportunity is there like the OP i am going for it, as God knows if it all kicks off again when countries might restrict entrance again.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't think Thai air can compare to Qatar Q suites, service, lounges or airports to be honest or indeed Qatar planes.

I bit the bullet and came the other way (to Thailand) in  May. Yes it was a faff and the goalposts got moved on quarantine from 7 to 14 days mid application but I had made my mind up so pressed on. No point in speculating what the rules might be. If you have decided then you have made the correct decision.

I treated myself to a Q Suite on one leg and it was the nuts! Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1