Thailand to allow quarantine-free travel from 46 countries, PM says

webfact

5 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Desperate actions in desperate times. Great Britain on the list with 100,000 cases a day and going back into lockdown. Thailand badly needs  a government that knows how to govern rather than one that flops around  trying to be popular. What happened to the great wine announcement about CHEAPER WINE? Oh maybe I dreamt that it really wasn't announced. 

Thailand needs a government with democratically elected politicians, not poorly educated power tripping soldiers who are only there at the point of a gun.

5 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Desperate actions in desperate times. Great Britain on the list with 100,000 cases a day and going back into lockdown. Thailand badly needs  a government that knows how to govern rather than one that flops around  trying to be popular. What happened to the great wine announcement about CHEAPER WINE? Oh maybe I dreamt that it really wasn't announced. 

Desperate posters posting factual inaccuracies.

The UK had 50000 cases yesterday, not 100000.

The UK is not going into a lockdown.

Here's the Covid pandemic for slow learners bit, what ever happens in the UK, which was one of the first countries to get vaccinated, is likely to happen in other countries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

While this is good news  for tourists arriving in Thailand November 1st

What about restaurants  serving Alcohol  seemingly December was mentioned  surely November would be better why wait a month ????

Tourists plus everyone else  here in Thailand would enjoy a Alcohol. drink with their dinning out 

I wouldn't, but do not object to people who would.

False advertising unless they have done away with the 1 day mandatory hotel night???? Quarantine is quarantine 1 day 7 day or 14 day! Thailand pass instead of COE???????????? It’s all about control like in the military???????? Greece, France, Italy, Spain all better options????

2 minutes ago, Uroller said:

False advertising unless they have done away with the 1 day mandatory hotel night???? Quarantine is quarantine 1 day 7 day or 14 day! Thailand pass instead of COE???????????? It’s all about control like in the military???????? Greece, France, Italy, Spain all better options????

You don't get to leave the military after 1 night. 

4 minutes ago, Uroller said:

I was in Greece for a few weeks and left 10 days ago...the water temperature was already below 20C....season is over and a lot of places are shut down until mid next year. Ii guess Spain is the same. Who goes to Greece in winter even in normal pre-covid times?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Wales/Scotland have both mask mandates and vaccine passports.   England has neither.    I'm not convinced either policy makes the slightest difference as the rates per 100K demonstrate.    The UK tests way more than any other country as well so probably better to compare hospital admissions and on that basis they are doing about average in Europe.   

image.png.a4d1414bc618712f39c4b58eb54a7954.png

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

Thankfully we have some posters who have the ability to point misguided uninformed posters in the direction of the facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Optomist said:

So quarantine free is not actually quarantine free ????

Depends on the details but I think it is in a way "quarantine free". When I did ASQ early this year I was not allowed to get out of the room,  in this case I probably just need to check in for 1 night and wait for results. However no exact details are published yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Pay attention as how the list is Alphabetically sorted but then Hong Kong which starts with the letter H is listed as very last on the 46th spot.

The Chinese masters will be pleased.

I assume that why they use the phase “countries/ territories” also 

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Depends on the details but I think it is in a way "quarantine free". When I did ASQ early this year I was not allowed to get out of the room,  in this case I probably just need to check in for 1 night and wait for results. However no exact details are published yet.

BA fly into BKK at 9am in the morning, that's an early check in for a night's sleep.

Thai have a flight that gets in even earlier at 7am. That's checking in the day before virtually.

It's a shambles, stop trying to sugarcoat a t#rd.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

Wales/Scotland have both mask mandates and vaccine passports.   England has neither.    I'm not convinced either policy makes the slightest difference as the rates per 100K demonstrate.    The UK tests way more than any other country as well so probably better to compare hospital admissions and on that basis they are doing about average in Europe.

Agreed it is England, where the vast majority of the population is. 

It is the fact that the death and hospitalization numbers are rising that is the reason for concern...up 11% and 15% WOW  respectively. But do not be blind to infection numbers, they are not far from the last January peak now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BA fly into BKK at 9am in the morning, that's an early check in for a night's sleep.

Thai have a flight that gets in even earlier at 7am. That's checking in the day before virtually.

It's a shambles, stop trying to sugarcoat a t#rd.

It won't matter for a lot of people. Tourists need to book a hotel anyway before they come, are they going to sleep at the airport? I'm back early next month and I'm going to book not one, but at least 4-5 nights in Phuket, I just want to spend some time there.

All in all huge improvement from the early ASQ days. One cons I can see that if there is demand the hotel prices are going to go up,  at the moment there are some real bargains. Not as good as earlier this year, but still way below normal times.

Edited by gearbox
  • Thanks 1

Total BS.

What has the vaccine to do with anything.

After being fully vaccinated you can still contract and transmit the virus!

Why follow the Americans, one of the leaders in corruption. 

They are interested in money and control and not the health of their citizens. 

27 minutes ago, gearbox said:

It won't matter for a lot of people. Tourists need to book a hotel anyway before they come, are they going to sleep at the airport? I'm back early next month and I'm going to book not one, but at least 4-5 nights in Phuket, I just want to spend some time there.

All in all huge improvement from the early ASQ days. One cons I can see that if there is demand the hotel prices are going to go up,  at the moment there are some real bargains. Not as good as earlier this year, but still way below normal times.

Won't matter for the huge majority who are on a fortnight's holiday?

Do you know how long a PCR test will take to be analysed?

The pathetic numbers that come will show it matters.

Most people are a bit more organised than "travel half way round the world and we'll see what happens."

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

7 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Won't matter for the huge majority who are on a fortnight's holiday?

Do you know how long a PCR test will take to be analysed?

The pathetic numbers that come will shows it matters.

Most people are a bit more organised than "travel half way round the world and we'll see what happens."

Tourists are the least affected by this, they are coming with pre booked hotels. It is mostly inconvenience for the returnees, especially these who don't live near a major entry point, and need to organise domestic transfers to go to their homes. Still not a big deal. Many are claiming that they spend millions of baht here per year, surely they can afford for a night or two a hotel?

The tourists have way bigger issues with the travel insurances, a lot of the governments still have general advice "do not travel",  and the insurers usually void the coverage if that's in place. That's a real showstopper.

6 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Come for what did you ask?

- The "beautiful" slimey beaches of Pattaya?

- The rabid but very friendly soi dogs roaming everywhere?

- The warm weather with a free very high 2.5PM unbreathable air?

- The gigatons of plastic trash washed ashore everywhere?

- The atrocious never ending Bangkok trafic jams?

- The farang double pricing policy?

- The "farang must pay" attitude?

- The RTP sponsored, "plastic bag over your head" life-changing truly unique experience?

- The ladyboys of Soi 7?

Plenty of reasons to come to Thailand!

Take your pick!

Ladyboys on Soi 7, <deleted> I'm on the wrond soi again, 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Tourists are the least affected by this, they are coming with pre booked hotels. It is mostly inconvenience for the returnees, especially these who don't live near a major entry point, and need to organise domestic transfers to go to their homes. Still not a big deal. Many are claiming that they spend millions of baht here per year, surely they can afford for a night or two a hotel?

The tourists have way bigger issues with the travel insurances, a lot of the governments still have general advice "do not travel",  and the insurers usually void the coverage if that's in place. That's a real showstopper.

I think your not putting your brain in gear before posting.

Depending on arrival times, speed of transit, wait at testing site and length of time it takes to return the test, people may miss a couple of days of a fortnight's holiday, stuck in an asq hotel.

Then they have their journey to their final destination as well.

Could you address the points i have just made please rather than going off at tangents.

I appreciate if you don't know but that's why my local travel agent said people are booking holidays for Europe in 2022 and no further.

Most normal people want certainty not a moving feast of rules, regulations and incarceration.

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Yes of course. So what was the point of it if we are going to be in full lockdown again? We are not going into full lockdown again in the UK. 

Here in Spain, the southern region of Andalusia is currently at level zero. 

PCR testing is a joke,  for fully vaccinated,  a short test, don't want to see any break through cases.

For the unvaccinated a long test, want to soo false positives to force vaccinations. 

Can pcr discriminate between a current infection and a previous infection from which you are fully recovered?

I've never been tested but have had mega chest infection. Was it covid? I've no idea.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I am fully awake, not in need of your help.

Stop panicking and looking for reds under the bed.

It is one day quarantine if you prefer... but if positive, I would suspect more.

they want verification of where u can be found if you are positive.  if you holed up in your private residence maybe they can t find you. i think the one night rule is totally acceptable.  part of doing business.  remember the previous deal was 7 days.  

• Like 1